• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I shoulda said this the other day but I forgot, even with the IV checker you have set for this game, its gonna be kinda hard to work out a pokemon's stats in this new system. The only DV calculator I can find, the Psypoke DV calculator, obviously is for the vanilla version of G/S/C and not a rom hack with additional pokemon or even natures for that matter. After all that checker takes the place of the pokemon seer, and thats quite a distance away. I wish we could have a calculator for this game or at least have a possible clue of our pokemon's genetics before we get too invested.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I shoulda said this the other day but I forgot, even with the IV checker you have set for this game, its gonna be kinda hard to work out a pokemon's stats in this new system. The only DV calculator I can find, the Psypoke DV calculator, obviously is for the vanilla version of G/S/C and not a rom hack with additional pokemon or even natures for that matter. After all that checker takes the place of the pokemon seer, and thats quite a distance away. I wish we could have a calculator for this game or at least have a possible clue of our pokemon's genetics before we get too invested.

The Psypoke calculator gives correct results after you undo the nature changes. So if your Pokémon has Attack 73⬆, then 73/1.1=66, so enter 66 into the calculator (or 67, because of rounding). Or if it's 42⬇, then 42/0.9=47. Although it still doesn't take the revised base stats into account... I don't think I'll change the system, though. The characteristic gives you a clue about genetics early on, and although the Stat Judge is in Cianwood, people probably aren't spending time to get max-IV Pokémon that early in the game. If you do want to do some serious breeding as soon as you reach the Day-Care, you can access the Stats Judge before the fourth badge by getting Surf and going west from Goldenrod Harbor.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    ah thanks that helps

EDIT: One final thing; I know it might be a no, but is rock polish available in this? I keep getting Jolly geodudes and having rock polish would help with them if it is. If not its ok, I wanted to ask about it if anything.

Last edited:

uchihamadada

Victory! Means Others Destruction!!
    Years
    Hi Rangi, a few suggestions:
    -Add more PP's to certain moves, like Hydro pump, blizzard, fire blast...in other words for attacks with 110 base power 10 PP's will be great (like thunder). And as Psychic, 15 PP's for attaks like ice beam, drago pulse, and basically attacks with 80-95 base power.
    -Add the Cries of Munchlax, Magnezone, Tangroth, etc...cuz they make the iconic Mew's Cry.
    -Add undate the animation of "Gunk Shot", it looks like Poison gas and it isn't logical, maybe an animation like acid, sludge will look better.

Grettings!!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Hi Rangi, a few suggestions:
    -Add more PP's to certain moves, like Hydro pump, blizzard, fire blast...in other words for attacks with 110 base power 10 PP's will be great (like thunder). And as Psychic, 15 PP's for attaks like ice beam, drago pulse, and basically attacks with 80-95 base power.
    -Add the Cries of Munchlax, Magnezone, Tangroth, etc...cuz they make the iconic Mew's Cry.
    -Add undate the animation of "Gunk Shot", it looks like Poison gas and it isn't logical, maybe an animation like acid, sludge will look better.

Grettings!!

Perhaps a mix of Sludge and Bubblebeam? If you make the bubbles black like the sludge particles while replacing some bubbles with the sludge animation, I think it could work.

uchihamadada

Years
    Perhaps a mix of Sludge and Bubblebeam? If you make the bubbles black like the sludge particles while replacing some bubbles with the sludge animation, I think it could work.

Wwll, that's actually a good idea, but maybe it's easier if Rangi use the animation from Toxic, i see it few minutes ago and, in my opinion it's perfect!! It look like a F****** black dirty torrent, also contain that black bubbles efects of sludge :)

By the way Bug Buzz looks like "Mind reader", what about use the animation of Supersonic, it could look more real, no? {:3}

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Do Trainers have EVs (well, Stat Exp.)? If not, would it be feasible to implement? If size is a constraint, you only really need a single byte -- I don't see why one would need/bother with different amount of Stat Exp in different stats, and you could just insert one byte that denotes the post-square-root of all stats' Stat Exp.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Do Trainers have EVs (well, Stat Exp.)? If not, would it be feasible to implement? If size is a constraint, you only really need a single byte -- I don't see why one would need/bother with different amount of Stat Exp in different stats, and you could just insert one byte that denotes the post-square-root of all stats' Stat Exp.

Trainers have improved DVs, but no EVs. There are two ways EVs could be implemented: per-class, the way DVs are, or per-trainer, the way rosters are. Per-trainer would require a new trainer type in addition to 0=normal, 1=moves, 2=item, and 3=item+moves. I was planning to add a new type anyway to specify per-trainer DVs, which would be a neater system than the current trainers/unique_dvs.asm.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
    Little nitpick, wanted to play this again since fixes so I looked into using a clefable, it learns softboiled via egg move yet chansey is female only...

wat do?

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Little nitpick, wanted to play this again since fixes so I looked into using a clefable, it learns softboiled via egg move yet chansey is female only...

wat do?

Togepi also learns Softboiled, so just breed a male Togetic/Togekiss with a female Clefairy/Clefable.

In general the egg moves are a combination of Gen II, Gen VI, and some extras based on missing TMs or tutors. I haven't verified that all of them are actually possible to get.

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2022
    I am playing on 2.2.0 version , i get the 16 badges an beated 2 times the league but i cant access to Mt. Silver

uchihamadada

Years
    What about that guy who don't let me Access to Kanto (Viridian)? (the one that is in the other side of the guy who cares the Access to Mt. silver, just above the where you you check your 8 badges the first time) who don't let me Access to Kanto (Viridian).

I alredy beat the elite four 2 times (in their rematch mode too), i have all 16 badges, i beat red and Green and that guy is still standing in that place...

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    What about that guy who don't let me Access to Kanto (Viridian)? (the one that is in the other side of the guy who cares the Access to Mt. silver, just above the where you you check your 8 badges the first time) who don't let me Access to Kanto (Viridian).

I alredy beat the elite four 2 times (in their rematch mode too), i have all 16 badges, i beat red and Green and that guy is still standing in that place...

Pretty sure that trainer goes away once you access the League Reception Gate from the Viridian side?

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    You mentioned retiring the PC item storage entirely wouldn't be feasible due to Mom buying stuff.
    Well, would it be possible to at least decrease it in favour of more bag space? Like for example 60+20 rather than 30+50. That way it should be much easier to work with, IMO at least.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Pretty sure that trainer goes away once you access the League Reception Gate from the Viridian side?

He goes away after you fight the Snorlax in Vermilion City.

You mentioned retiring the PC item storage entirely wouldn't be feasible due to Mom buying stuff.
    Well, would it be possible to at least decrease it in favour of more bag space? Like for example 60+20 rather than 30+50. That way it should be much easier to work with, IMO at least.

It's possible, sure. But a very large bag would also be slower to find things in, even if I added an auto-sort function.

Here are the existing items, categorized according to which new Bag pockets could exist:

• 34 medicines
    • 16 Balls
    • 17 Berries/Apricorns
    • 24 key items
    • 73 TMs/HMs
    • 90 other items

I might allow 20 items in the Medicine pocket and 20 in the Items pocket. Balls, Berries, Key Items, and TMs/HMs can fit all the types. If TMs were no longer stored as actual items, since they're infinite-use and don't need quantities, that would free up space for even more general items (which would end up being used for more held items).

uchihamadada

Years
    Thanks Rangi!! That's surely the reason, i just fought agains the snorlax near celadon...not the vermilion one...{XD}

Here an idea, waht about add the 8-bit versión Zinia's battle theme from Pkm OR-AS?:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XePrzCvOzgo
    Maybe to a character like Rei or Kay/Cal, it will be awesome hear that song in an alredy marvelous hack game that you are doing...and maybe this one too (Kalos champion theme):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG6qOt5BGSk

Grettings for all of you colleagues :)

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Thanks Rangi!! That's surely the reason, i just fought agains the snorlax near celadon...not the vermilion one...{XD}

Here an idea, waht about add the 8-bit versión Zinia's battle theme from Pkm OR-AS?:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XePrzCvOzgo
    Maybe to a character like Rei or Kay/Cal, it will be awesome hear that song in an alredy marvelous hack game that you are doing...and maybe this one too (Kalos champion theme):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG6qOt5BGSk

Grettings for all of you colleagues :)

Pokeli has done some great compositions, but they're 8-bit style, not actually coded for the Pokémon audio engine. It would be cool to have more original music in the game, although I like to have definite plans for them before asking artists to demix the tracks.

uchihamadada

Years
    Pokeli has done some great compositions, but they're 8-bit style, not actually coded for the Pokémon audio engine. It would be cool to have more original music in the game, although I like to have definite plans for them before asking artists to demix the tracks.

Hope so...certainly it would be great include this kind of loging moments with original music in battles. maybe for future version-patches :)

Back