• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2022
    Nice work! I'm gonna start 2.0 real soon. I played the faithful hack last time so I'll play the full one this time :) I'll post my thoughts again once I have finished.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    To quote Rangi on cheats here: Most of the codes have changed. If you really want some, you can compile vanilla pokecrystal and Polished Crystal, and compare their .sym files. So if the code for a wild shiny in Crystal is 910730D2, and D230 in the pokecrystal .sym file is labeled BattleType, and BattleType in the Polished Crystal .sym file is D235, then the new shiny code for Polished Crystal would be 910735D2. Complicated, I know, but that's how you earn cheat codes.
    11.%20wink.gif

In other words, if any of you can compile a list of cheats for this hack, go for it! I really don't know if I'll have time to grind as the difficulty ramps up in the second half. Also, I don't know how Github works well in that department either so it's doubly hard on my end. :(

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    guys where can I find goldenrod move tutor?I can't find it

He'll be outside the Game Corner after you beat Whitney and get the Coin Case.

daycare center always giving back fainted mons (which was in full health when you first put them in)

Oops. For now, just turn off Nuzlocke mode before withdrawing from the Day-Care.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    mfw flash needs Falkner's badge to work

Gah, how did I not notice this. >_<

I'll fix this and the Day-Care Nuzlocke bug in 2.0.1. Just waiting to get more bug reports so they can all be fixed in one update. It should be save-compatible too.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
  • Gah, how did I not notice this. >_<

I'll fix this and the Day-Care Nuzlocke bug in 2.0.1. Just waiting to get more bug reports so they can all be fixed in one update. It should be save-compatible too.

Theres a guy walking on water right off the coast of Olivine, I'd provide a picture but Imgur wants to not work right now for me.

EDIT5000: Actually it seem every male swimmer for me is the OW sprite of the cooltrainer class

Last edited:

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
  • Fixed, thanks.

Rocket hideout, the female with the password has a 51 blissey among a team of 29s, this is some evil stuff here good thing Im packing Rock Smash

EDIT: And a 111 hitmonchan came out.......
    EDIT2: I killed it somehow and this whole team seems to be bugged outside of two mons, another 100+ mon came out and raped me and I cannot progress further

Last edited:
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    EDIT2: I killed it somehow and this whole team seems to be bugged outside of two mons, another 100+ mon came out and raped me and I cannot progress further

Crap. Can you do me a favor and explore the world up till that point, and look for more issues? I'll put 2.0.1 out tonight fixing this.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Rocket hideout, the female with the password has a 51 blissey among a team of 29s, this is some evil stuff here good thing Im packing Rock Smash

EDIT: And a 111 hitmonchan came out.......
    Whoa woa whoa level 100+ pokemon? Now that just wants me to play it even more now! :D
    Since you encountered one does it give alot of exp?

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
  • Crap. Can you do me a favor and explore the world up till that point, and look for more issues? I'll put 2.0.1 out tonight fixing this.

Another one for (you) featuring the ruins of alph, viewing the wall inscriptions in pretty much all but the first room you can access crashes the game, sometimes hilariously into a glitchy reset ala the coin case trick for glitch city

Whoa woa whoa level 100+ pokemon? Now that just wants me to play it even more now! :D
    Since you encountered one does it give alot of exp?

That hitmonchan I killed gave less than the blissey despite being 60 levels higher hilariously enough, then a 137 exeggutor destroyed me with petal dance

EDIT: Yet another bug for (you), when you change the PC box via phone it bugs out and doesn't work, it lets you catch stuff but after you do it spits out a bunch of garbage text on the line where it says the pokemon was sent to the PC and the pokemon you caught will be nowhere to be found

And to go further into this bug, once you switch a box via phone with bill it completely fucks up the boxes and forces you to load a savestate

EDIT2: Minor moveset bug, magmortar can't learn Thunderbolt, in fact alot of its TMs moves are wrong (unless this was intentional, in which case Im sad)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Rangi, I discovered a bug with the clock. For some reason, it's dark out but it was around 4:00 PM EST with Daylight Savings Time set that this was the case. This never happened with the clock in any prior hacks as TPP Crystal played nice with it as well as Bronze. I even reset my DS Lite's clock to the original time as I used the JST(Japan Standard Time) settings for my playthrough of Black. It's now 4:28 PM here and on my DS Lite. I really don't want to beat Falkner in a dark gym. :( I'll try a different rom and see if it comes up the same. I used the specified rom you stated in the ReadMe.

UPDATE: Crisis averted! It was just a bad rom. I got the one I always get for hacks at the usual source. Everything's swell. It wasn't a bug at all, just a bad dump.

Last edited:
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    EDIT2: Minor moveset bug, magmortar can't learn Thunderbolt, in fact alot of its TMs moves are wrong (unless this was intentional, in which case Im sad)

Just an oversight.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
  • Just an oversight.

Cool I wanted to use it but it can only get like 2 good moves pre E4, anyway I managed to kill the NPC of doom with DD gyarados so I will be continuing on

EDIT: Move oddity, Icicle crash still has the name razor shell

Last edited:

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    +6 0 Atk Sharp Beak no iv lvl 47 Gyarados Bounce(90bp) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def lvl 100 max iv Hitmonchan: 278-330 (115.3 - 136.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

in the mean while theres one safe solution to the monster trainer. use his weak mons to setup/baton pass stuff.

Back