• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    I could manage this:

Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

But the item icon has to be aligned on tiles, so nothing halfway.

But isn't a "tile" 8x8? Surely you can move the icon a single tile upwards? Compare with the text.

(Note: I know very little about the GBC graphics-wise)

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    But isn't a "tile" 8x8? Surely you can move the icon a single tile upwards? Compare with the text.

(Note: I know very little about the GBC graphics-wise)

Yes, I already had it moved a single tile upwards, and was demonstrating how far it would have to move down. The screen is a 20x18 grid of 8x8px tiles, and the icon image is 24x24px = 3x3 tiles. I have leeway to move it up or down one pixel if really necessary (all the icons would then include that bottom border), which I did for the lower example.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2023
    Yes, I already had it moved a single tile upwards, and was demonstrating how far it would have to move down. The screen is a 20x18 grid of 8x8px tiles, and the icon image is 24x24px = 3x3 tiles. I have leeway to move it up or down one pixel if really necessary (all the icons would then include that bottom border), which I did for the lower example.

Ah ok. Sorry, I didn't realise that was a limitation. In that case the one on the left is definitely better.

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022

Oh OK, sorry for my misunderstanding.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    Yeah, I also think the one on the left is better. It looks kinda weird with the item box blending with the text box imo. Having the colored background all around the item box looks nice.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Hmm, a test item sheet (not final icons, just cheaply grayscaled+posterized) compresses to a 25 KB 2bpp.lz file, which is far too big. Guess they'll have to be individual files split among banks.

Edit: On the other had, I just got rid of 12 KB of redundant font graphics, so this might not be a problem after all.

Last edited:

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Perfect! Thanks :) Can you improve Valerie's theme too?
    Also, is there any way to listen music form game?

I suggested once to have a music player similar to AC, Rangi replied somewhere along the lines of "I don't want to steal features", which is fair enough, but results in no music player D:

EDIT: To clarify, that is not my theme, but mmmmmm's.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I suggested once to have a music player similar to AC, Rangi replied somewhere along the lines of "I don't want to steal features", which is fair enough, but results in no music player D:

EDIT: To clarify, that is not my theme, but mmmmmm's.

If you want to hear the theme for Route 47, you can go to Route 47. :P Mmmmmm, FroggestSpirit, and huderlem also have their tracks on SoundCloud. And I'm planning to add more radio stations in 3.0 that play rare tracks, including music from other regions.

Linnie

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2022
    To my understanding there's a thing called a GBS player that plays GBC audio files standalone, but I've never ported my songs to that format.

Also, you don't necessarily need to steal TPPAC's code to add a music player, you could try using CrystalComplete's code. It's an older version of the music player but it's just as functional, and it's what I test my music on before recording or posting the code.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I got version 2.2 and I love it so far! Can't wait for 3.0, seems like its gonna be one of the best games ill ever play. Do you recommend I just wait for the new version or continue the old one? I'm not sure which to do.

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    I got version 2.2 and I love it so far! Can't wait for 3.0, seems like its gonna be one of the best games ill ever play. Do you recommend I just wait for the new version or continue the old one? I'm not sure which to do.

Keep playing it. It will keep you entertained while Rangi finishes v. 3.0.

Apparently 3.0 is going to feel like a totally new game so you can have twice the fun.

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    Where can I read which trades are available in-game? I want to get a Machop but the traditional trade was changed.

Back