• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon projects: RMXP games, a MORPG, a 3d Battle sim, 3D RPGs, and a 3D MMORPG!

Exorc

pokemon.exorc.com
Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2011
    Hello everyone. Since my childhood, my favorite video games have been of the Pokémon series. My love of them was unexplainable. I recall countless memories of drawing my own Pokémon designs. I even designed my own region of the Pokémon world and created names for the games I was envisioning. Looking back, it becomes apparent that my eye for the Pokémon series' aesthetic potential--though only recently defined--was present as a child, which I now realize is the reason for my fanaticism. I created a Web site to actualize my childhood dream of creating Pokémon games. On said Web site I have detailed five Pokémon game projects I will design, two of which I will develop myself. My experience in the field of game design, along with the help of the online fan community, leaves me no doubt that my childhood dream will soon reach reality.

Here are the projects we will pursue at Pokémon Exorc:

NOTE: I AM NOT DEVELOPING THESE PROJECTS SIMULTANEOUSLY. THIS IS JUST A LIST OF WHAT I PLAN TO ACCOMPLISH WITHIN THE NEXT FEW YEARS.

Current projects

PokéFantasy (Started)

PokéFantasy is the codename a 2D Pokémon roleplaying game in development by Pokémon Exorc. The game will follow the footsteps of Nintendo's main series Pokémon games, allowing players to catch, train, and battle hundreds of monsters; explore a vast, beautiful region; and battle their way through a rich, captivating story in a quest to become the Pokémon Champion!

PokéFantasy will follow the graphical style used in Pokémon versions Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, and LeafGreen, though will introduce an entire new generation of the series, with many new Pokémon, items, and even a brand new region to explore.

PokéLand (Starting upon release of the Solar Eclipse engine)

PokéLand is a 2D online multiplayer roleplaying game loosely based on the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series. The game will primarily serve as a real-time virtual community for Pokémon fans to congregate, but will also contain many fun gameplay features and explorable areas that will never leave the player bored.

In the game, players will be able to choose a name and Pokémon class for their character. Yes, your character in this game will be a Pokémon! After this information is confirmed, the character will arrive at a Pokémon civilization similar to Pokémon Square and Treasure Town from the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series, which will serve as an online multiplayer environment where players will be able to chat, trade, and interact freely. The civilization will contain many shops and other areas of interest, where items and moves can be purchased, money and items can be stored, and more.

Many explorable dungeons will await players outside the civilization's boundaries. These dungeons will contain many hostile non-player Pokémon looking for a fight, as well as many items and other surprises. There will also be a special dungeon dedicated solely to player-versus-player combat.

Players will be able to join and create Teams, the guild system of PokéLand, whose concepts will closely resemble those of Rescue and Exploration Teams from the Mystery Dungeon series.

Future projects

PokéBattle

PokéBattle is the codename of a 3D Pokémon battle simulation game in development by Pokémon Exorc. The game will be very similar to Nintendo's Pokémon Battle Revolution, with one major difference: online multiplayer gameplay will be PokéBattle's main focus. Like the popular NetBattle and Shoddy Battle programs, PokéBattle will have a built-in text chat client for easy communication with fellow trainers. Not only that; the game will also feature a voice chat client that will allow players to speak with friends and battle opponents.

In PokéBattle, players will construct a team of six Pokémon. All Pokémon will be available, including those from the upcoming fifth generation of the franchise. players will then proceed to adjust the known moves, held item, nature, ability, coloration, IVs, and EVs of their Pokémon as they see fit. After a team is constructed, players will be able to choose a server and enter the online Trainer Lobby, where they will be able to chat with and battle against fellow trainers. Battle rules and clauses are fully customizable, including which Pokémon and moves may not be used. Upon challenging another to a battle, players may choose from a wide selection of beautiful Colosseums and other stunning environments to battle their monsters in mind-blowing 3D!

PokéLegend

PokéLegend is the codename a 3D Pokémon roleplaying game in development by Pokémon Exorc. The game will follow the footsteps of Nintendo's main series Pokémon games, allowing players to catch, train, and battle hundreds of monsters; explore a vast, beautiful region; and battle their way through a rich, captivating story in a quest to become the Pokémon Champion! The game will introduce an entire new generation of the series, with over a hundred new Pokémon, many new items, and even a brand new region to explore.

Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness were huge disappointments to fans everywhere, which is why we at Pokémon Exorc are intensely dedicated to bringing the world the first true 3D Pokémon RPG. From characters and monsters to environments and landscapes, everything in the huge, explorable world of PokéLegend will rendered in mind-blowing 3D graphics. The age of motorcycle cutscenes transitioning the player from one limited location to another has ended; in PokéLegend, the world will be vast, explorable, and limitless.

PokéWorld

PokéWorld is the codename of a 3D massively multiplayer online roleplaying game (MMORPG) in development by Pokémon Exorc that is based on the main series Pokémon games. The goal of this project is to create every Pokémon fan's dream: a fully functional Pokémon virtual world in which thousand of players will be able to interact in countless ways, while still maintaining all the game concepts present in the Pokémon main series games.

After creating a PokéWorld account, the player will be led to a character-creation screen, where he or she can fully customize his or her character. The player will then proceed to a short tutorial, where he/she will be introduced to the game's concepts. Every feature from the official main series Pokémon games will be present in PokéWorld. Players will get to catch, raise, train, and breed hundreds of Pokémon; explore vast, beautiful regions; and much more. Gameplay will not be linear as it is in the main series games; the open world is free to explore without obstruction, and players may tackle the gym leaders in any order they like (or not at all if they want; there will be plenty of other fun things to do!). In addition to collecting gym badges, countless new quests and objectives will be added to the game continually to ensure that the game never gets boring!

In PokéWorld, players will be able to interact in many ways. Not only will the standard live chat feature of MMORPGs be present; players will be able to compete with each other in Pokémon battles and contests, trade Pokémon and items, party-up to take on objectives as a team, and much more. As a special treat, players with microphones will also be able to voice-chat with their opponents in player-versus-player battles and their team members when they party-up.

Upon PokéWorld's release, the Kanto region will be be fully explorable, and only the 151 Pokémon native to it will be catchable and trainable. As development continues and popularity rises, more regions and areas (Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Isshu, Sevii) and their native Pokémon will be added to the mix. Eventually, all Pokémon from every official generation will be available (not including custom generations by Exorc).

The following positions are currently open with our projects:

• Programmer

• Pokémon and Character Designer

• Graphic Artist

• Sound Engineer (Music Composer/Revamper, Sound Effect Generator)

If you would like to help with Pokémon Exorc's projects, please contact me either of the following ways:

E-mail address: [email protected]
    Skype username: exorc.com

You may also private message me on these forums.

Last edited:

Exorc

pokemon.exorc.com
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2011
    Woa! That's alot of games.

Indeed, though only two games will be given focus at a time. I do not want to overdo it. Only PokéLand has been started, and I plan to start PokéFantasy soon as well. The other three projects will require a large staff, which will spawn from a large fanbase, which will no doubt spawn from the completion of PokéLand.

Exorc

pokemon.exorc.com
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2011
    You will need more than one programmer per project... Just sayin

I'm well aware. I simply mean that I will begin PokéBattle and PokéWorld when I hire a capable programmer. That's not to say I won't hire more programmers as the projects progress; if I don't, the projects will almost certainly fail, which I do not intend to allow.

Spira

Programmer for Pokemon Eternity
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2023
    Not to seem rude but seems a little too ambitious. People have barely completed 2D single player games based off an existing engine and starter kit. I doubt to see 3D MMO's and all of this stuff while having your development team split. Perhaps stick to one project, get some progress on it, go from there.

Exorc

pokemon.exorc.com
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2011
    By no means am I going to attempt developing five projects simultaneously. I'm just listing five I hope to accomplish within the next few years as my community and staff builds. I will only be tackling one to two projects at a time, which I am quite capable of--I have done it many times before.

Don't worry, I know what I'm doing. ;)

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2010
    You're a fan with dreams of games you would like to PLAY not MAKE. You post fan news on your site's homepage and have forums yet you're pretty much the only person on your "team".
    "I am a rather big name in the video game industry due to my work as a professional game designer." if you are why are you posting on a fan hacksite? Why haven't you finished your first project its in an already written format all you have to do is alter it?
    I'd be careful if I were you, you have no rights to the name "Pokemon" and you're posting on your website "The more money donated, the more quickly we can develop and publish our games. All money donated will only be used for Pokémon Exorc and its projects."
    Just saying all this stuff would be great, but I think it'd be pointless for you to try. Instead of wasting the time just stick to finishing your first project and maybe you'd get more support.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Hello everyone. I am a rather big name in the video game industry due to my work as a professional game designer.

Not to be an ass, but... pictures or it didn't happen. Anyone can claim to be a professional at anything, and the fact that you require other people to program your games make me doubt that you are in fact a professional.

In short: I call shenanigans.

AmusedRaccoon

Dilettante
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    I'm a little surprised this hasn't been mentioned: every one of these ideas is, kindly stated, nothing more than a rehash of something that has already been imagined and at least partially developed by plenty of people before you. For a "rather big name in the video game industry" as a "professional game designer," those designs might be a tad bland.

In case you haven't noticed, broseph, you're on the internet. It takes more than words to impress people when anyone can say anything they want.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    I'm queen of Russia.
    Can I ask you something, why so many pokémon projects, why not something you can make money off of? You could even make it a pokémon clone too.

Years
  • If your such a "professional" why do you have a post in the Essentials thread asking what an error/syntax message means? Can't you just, idk, figure it out yourself if your a so called "professional"? As much as some of the games sound...ok to say the least, I'm as skeptical as everyone else.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    If he doesn't know what a SYNTAX is, I don't think he's professional.
    Case closed!

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
    Years
  • Not to be an ass, but... pictures or it didn't happen. Anyone can claim to be a professional at anything, and the fact that you require other people to program your games make me doubt that you are in fact a professional.

In short: I call shenanigans.
    I had the same question when I saw this thread.

A professional wouldn't even use RPG Makers.
    You're a very bad game designer if you thought about designing this game in a starter kit?

Exorc

pokemon.exorc.com
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2011
    *Facepalm*

I say one simple sentence about my career, and everyone thinks I'm out to get them...

The point of this thread is NOT to announce that I'm a professional in the industry, it was just part of the introduction. I've taken it out, so everyone stop throwing a huge fuss.

I am a game designer; that means I use my creativity to write plans for features, functions, systems concepts and more, then I present them to the head director, who then consults the programming team. In other words, I'm just a writer. That's all. My experience in programming is limited to HTML and PHP, as my profession does not require programming experience. That is why I am using simple and easy-to-use engines for my first indie projects, and that is why I don't know how to deal with coding problems.

These Pokémon games are NOT a part of my work as a professional, which is why I never gave proof to my claim. I didn't suspect a single line of my bio would cause such hostility. These are simply hobby game projects for my spare time.

Just because I am a professional doesn't mean I can pull an entire studio of developers out of my ass pocket. I have to recruit the same way everyone else does for their indie game projects. That's why I am here.

Now everyone pretend I never said anything about my career, get off my case, stop pointing fingers, and discuss the actual topic of this thread.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Nope

Because even HTML and PHP have a syntax <_< oh yeah, I got you.

Exorc

pokemon.exorc.com
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2011
    Nope

Because even HTML and PHP have a syntax <_< oh yeah, I got you.

I don't believe I ever said I don't know what a syntax is. What Soul.//Silver meant was that I couldn't comprehend a specific syntax that displayed when I tried to playtest PokéFantasy, not that I don't know what the definition of a syntax is. Sorry to disappoint, but you don't "got me".

Back