• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Quartz "Let's Play" 2.0

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
    Cornscript is Quartz' Unown. In Marble there wasn't gonna be Unown beacuse of Glass Army Kid and Curry's faces.
    Cornscript is symbols with pokemon shapes, and the unown replacement would just look like those, not viceversa. Kid and Curry used the sprite slots between celebi and treecko.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    I'm sorry for not being on recently, everyone. I haven't had access to the internet at home since Monday. :(

But I do have something for those of you that have joined the LP Group: there's a new Abomination for you to name.

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
    Years
    I checked a while ago and all the 'smugglers' sell is furniture... And buying any of it would be admitting that I can't leave. :(
    Maybe the tickets are in the furniture and by tickets i mean drugs :paranoid: well what else would smugglers do???

NatureKeeper

This update is great, but you seem to take a lot of time. I finished the game in like two days....

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
    Years
    That, and there's the whole "Fan names" thing. You can't advance until you know what the fans feel.

Sereously, the shortest LP for pokemon games lasted about a month, had hardly any viewer input, and used such sweepers as Thick Club Marowak (it was Firered), Alakazam, and Gyarados. But that was the first one ever done. Acceptable length is about 6 months.

Bolens

Soul Hacker
    Years
    • Age 30
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    Awesome walk through man, it really helps. This game was one of the games that started me on Pokemon hacking.

Yuoaman

Years
    Yeah. It does get quite tedious at times. Especially since I have to occasionally go back and replay areas if I miss some dialogue... :\

Also: I'll resume playing at about 12 PM EST tomorrow, so be sure to post your name suggestions in the LP Group by then. :D

Yuoaman

Years
    Sorry for the double post, but I have a little announcement.

There won't be an update for quite a while. :(

I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing when loading my save state for Quartz and mistakenly saved over my main save file... So I'll have to fall back onto my last back-up file, which is about six or seven updates behind... So... Hopefully I can catch up to where I was soon, though I won't be capturing any Pokemon while I play catch up so I don't waste time.

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    Youch... well, hope it doesn't take too long and isn't too much work for you. But six or seven updates behind? That's a bummer, man.

*Minun*

Loves ponies, hates phonies
    Years
    Sorry for the double post, but I have a little announcement.

There won't be an update for quite a while. :(

I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing when loading my save state for Quartz and mistakenly saved over my main save file... So I'll have to fall back onto my last back-up file, which is about six or seven updates behind... So... Hopefully I can catch up to where I was soon, though I won't be capturing any Pokemon while I play catch up so I don't waste time.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Is Nixon gone? I'm going to check update 34 and find what we'll miss out on.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    That's good, man. Reminds me when I lost to one of the legends in Rescue Rangers, and I lost to it. I managed to go on, but I was too weak to fight a boss later on, and it turns out that I couldn't move on, so I lost my data.

Can't wait until the next update.

Yuoaman

Years
    That's good, man. Reminds me when I lost to one of the legends in Rescue Rangers, and I lost to it. I managed to go on, but I was too weak to fight a boss later on, and it turns out that I couldn't move on, so I lost my data.

Can't wait until the next update.

That always sucks. :\

Well I'm nearly to the WHITE ROAD, so I should be able to get my update up tomorrow if I hurry enough.

And while traversing the intoxicating TVTropes I came across a certain little thing in their article for LPs...

Yuoaman on the PokeCommunity is doing a Quartz Let's Play as well, which is blessed by the creator, Baro. Currently under the Emulation section of the forum boards.

Apparently I am now 'sort of famous', that's something to rub into the faces of everyone who's ever doubted me! First up... Mom.

And who ever it was who added that to the article...

As do I. :D

Yuoaman

Years
    I played for like three hours last night to catch up to where I was last night, I hope you enjoy the update, everyone. :D

UPDATE 41
    Spoiler:

Also: for those of you who want to know the text in that image made by Daedalus:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
    Years
    Firstly, if you don't get the Master Ball now, you'll never get it.

Secondly, IT WAS ME!

Thirdly, as I was reading through... the other Quartz LP, it turns out THEY NAMED IT NOTABALL AS WELL! Odd coincidence, or GMTA? Who knows?

As for backstories... well, unfortunately we played the "War" card, the "Marked as a different gender" card, and the "Insane girl in the position of queen", so...

TEH - PRO: Born in a dumpster. *It's an egg, how was it born?* Thinks overhighly of itself.
    UNHOLYbear: Once was a Skitty. Baro deported it to Corna and it... changed. Now it hates itself.
    ROCO: It isn't alive.
    YATSEE: Always dreaming it had the King (queen? Who knows?) position of it's cousin Da King.
    NIXON: Tries to be honest (for a Cornian) to live down it's name.
    BRRRD: Was in a war with MASH and Col. Crazy as it's comrads. Likes being a good looking Cornian pokemon.

Back