• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Radiant DX!

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023

Introducing:
    Pokémon Radiant DX!
    About
    Spoiler:

Questions
    Spoiler:

Features:
    Spoiler:

Credits:
    Spoiler:

Discord:
    Spoiler:

Download Game!
    Spoiler:

Release Dates
    Spoiler:

Gallery
    Spoiler:

Thanks! Hope you enjoy the game!
    Swdfm

This is a non-profit fan-made game. No copyright infringements intended. Please support the official games

Last edited:

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Update: vA.1.1
    9th October 2023

You always remember your first... minor update!

- Fixed issue with switching in battle (hopefully!)
    - Added Fancy Location Signs!
    - Added Speedup Button, Up To 2x(Default is G!)
    - Overworld Sprites Now Swim in Water!

Also,
    @PokemasterZane I'm not sure what you mean exactly! Can you be more specific, please?

Days
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Hi! I'm really loving the 4.2 version. Honestly the best ROM I've ever played. And in many ways better than the original Pokémon games. However, I am having a really hard go with all the puzzles. I (and many others, I'm sure) have a Learning Disability. And for this next version, perhaps you might consider this suggestion in regards to Accessibility. For some people, it's a real struggles visualizing patterns or the puzzles. Especially with textured or similar colored backgrounds to the finished images. There are three possible suggestions that might help players with such learning disabilities get past the puzzles in the game. Not sure which one would be most viable in terms of coding.

1) Add the options when starting a new game for players to check a box marked "Easy Puzzles", which would make all the puzzles in the game complete, except for one piece out of order. That could make it much easier. And entirely optional for people who do want the challenge of completing the puzzles themselves.

2) Or perhaps in each city/town of each district, there could be an NPC in a house called "[insert name] Puzzle Master. And if you talk to him, he'll give you a quest. Try to complete all the puzzles in that particular district for a cash prize. If you click on each puzzle and finish them, great! Go back to him and he'll give you $10 000. But if you back out of each puzzle before completing them, you can talk to him again. Where he will give you two dialogue option a) Want more time to complete all the puzzles? And b) No! They're too hard! If you select option b), then he'll say how he's disappointed, but will complete the puzzles for you if you give him $10 000 instead. Then if the player pays him the sum, and goes back to any puzzle in that particular district (e.g. Rojosa - you have to pay that amount for each district! It will add up.), that puzzle will be auto-completed and you just have to click on it and click c, spacebar, or enter and the game will register that puzzle as solved.
    This one seems like the most feasible option and you can make a fun quest out of it if you do enjoy puzzles.

3) And lastly, perhaps there could be the option when you click on each puzzles for a dialogue bar to come up with 2 options. a) Proceed. That takes you to the puzzle screen where you can attempt to solve the puzzle. Or b) It's too hard!. Selecting Option b) will give you a dialogue prompt to "Solve". And if you click "Solve", $1000 is deducted from your funds. Not a big fee, but if you have to solve multiple puzzles throughout the game, and only use this option, it will add up.

If any of these are implemented in this new and under development version, I'm sure it will add greater flexibility to playstyles and increase overall accessibility for players with disabilities!

Thank you for taking my suggestion into consideration!

Back