• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2023
    Would be nice if the move relearner in Cerulean didn't require mushrooms to reteach moves. Mostly everything was changed in this hack to reflect Gen 8 except for the move relearner. Who has the time to steal a crap ton of mushrooms from Parases? I wanna get into the battles!

I'm really enjoying this game and the refreshing changes to Gen 1 and the fact you decided to make the game. I just feel the change to the move relearner would make the game even better.

If I could make a small suggestion to you, Frisk+Thief on Paras for shrooms, but do the same on Amoongus on route 15 once you've access, always drops big shrooms. Makes it go faster :).

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2023
    I've been playing this game for a while now, and I really love all the edits made. I'm loving using all the pokes I don't normally gravitate towards. The gym challenges are challenging, and I love that.
    One thing I'm having trouble finding is the Terrain Extender. I remember possibly getting it as a Thief drop from a wild poke back in version 2F, but I'm having trouble finding it again in version 2.1. Where am I able to find one?

Years
    Hiya!

Just thought I'd drop a comment here, even if it's not a major thing in the grand scheme :)

I've loved your hack entirely, 100% after playing these past two months or so it's became my number one!

The only thing that really put a damper on this, is the community that is in the Discord. I understand where a lot of the clashes are coming from, sure, and I get it's largely an internet societal problem. But, that server, comes across as just a mish mash of arguments far too often. I gave it a go and stuck around for a bit, but eventually it's too off-putting.

At the end of the day, I think Radical Red is a fantastic game, I just wish folks could see it as something to enjoy rather than argue incessantly over :/

Anywho, thanks for all you do Soup! Will def be checking back here periodically to see what's new!

yeah i'm well aware the discord's a bit awful at the moment and I'll try to do what I can to reduce the toxicity (I'll admit that I'm definitely part of the problem lol), but I'm not active on the server atm and running the server isn't something I'd like to focus on atm for obvious reasons. it's also important to note the server (or the game in general) grew a lot quicker than we expected and our moderation definitely isn't near where I'd like it to be at the moment.
    At the same time I'm glad the game is able to spark a lot of conversation, i hope to perhaps guide the community and my moderation team into a more positive direction eventually

Really sorry about that, glad you enjoyed the game though :)

I've been playing this game for a while now, and I really love all the edits made. I'm loving using all the pokes I don't normally gravitate towards. The gym challenges are challenging, and I love that.
    One thing I'm having trouble finding is the Terrain Extender. I remember possibly getting it as a Thief drop from a wild poke back in version 2F, but I'm having trouble finding it again in version 2.1. Where am I able to find one?

Pokemon that have the Terrain abilities has a 5%/20% chance of holding the Terrain Extender (IndeedeeM/F, Dedenne, Maractus, Hypno, Pincurchin, Mr-Mime)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2020
    Hey, soupercell ! You intend add lower EVs berrys to the game ? I made a mistake when training my Garchomp (Shiny, Perfect IVs, etc..) and it is a pain in the ass that I can't fix this. Furthermore, the pokemons used at the beginning of the journey become "useless", forcing the player to grind more. And excessive grind is never a good thing.

So far, i really enjoyed the game. Thanks

Last edited:
    Years
    Hey, soupercell ! You intend add lower EVs berrys to the game ? I made a mistake when training my Garchomp (Shiny, Perfect IVs, etc..) and it is a pain in the ass that I can't fix this. Furthermore, the pokemons used at the beginning of the journey become "useless", forcing the player to grind more. And excessive grind is never a good thing.

So far, i really enjoyed the game. Thanks

there is an ev subtracter in saffron.....

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2021
    If I could make a small suggestion to you, Frisk+Thief on Paras for shrooms, but do the same on Amoongus on route 15 once you've access, always drops big shrooms. Makes it go faster :).

I know about frisk and thief (was grinding for mushrooms yesterday), but I still don't want to have to do it because, from my experience, the chance of finding a Paras holding a mushroom isn't 100%. I think you need a lot of them if you want to modify your movesets when needed.

I didn't know about the Amoongus location, though. Thanks for letting me know! I'll keep that in mind.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2020
    there is an ev subtracter in saffron.....

I don't want to be bother, but I was wondering how and where I can get my hands on mushrooms and heartscales. Is there any special location or way to find them? What places should I look?

EDIT: Also just want to let you know this hack rocks. It's very difficult but I like that.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2020
    So I just started this game yesterday and enjoying random despite all the repeats, and learning how to beat Erika who was a nightmare, but i saved up 200k for a shiny larvitar at the game corner, and instead it gave me a fucking shiny tauros. bit of an error that definitely needs fixed otherwise great game

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2021
    Will new crown tundra mons be added in futur updates? galarian zapdoes would be sick

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2022
    Are all the legendaries available yet? I saw a bunch of them in the raids section of the documentation but not all of them.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2023
    Scorbunny from Celadon starter eggs in the Celadon Mansion (cost one red shard each), then for hidden ability it is one bottle cap in Saffron.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2023

It's a randomizer, everything should be randomized. That being said you can utilize the "glitch" that happens following a boss battle if you really wanted that mon. I.e. defeat Erika, then go get your game corner mon. But, again, it's a randomizer lol

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2021
    Ok last question where can i find the move relearner. I have a piloswine and i want to teach it acientpower to evolve it.

Back