• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    • Seen today
    i have downloaded the 2.1 but it wont let me play, i believe someone said you need the orginal rom version but i cant find it, could someone post a link to it please

We cannot share rom links. That would be illegal. What you need is a clean FireRed rom tho. Easy enough to search for. Squirrels works.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    Hey, i've been loving the game so far, but i got two questions right now. Firstly, how can I get my Rillaboom the move grassy glide. And second, how can you get Ash-Greninja, as the froakie you get from rebattling Misty has protein. Thank you so much!

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2020
    to u. just type in the game name and download. should be an updated version of the game

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2020
    u know how to start games in your gameboyadvance right ? the game has to be from gba so that u can play

Years
    So I started this hack yesterday, and was really enjoying the first hour or so. However, I've encountered a pretty bad bug that makes the game quite difficult to play:
    When I press "Start" to bring up the menu, the overworld animation stops (although music continues playing normally), and it takes 20 seconds to scroll between each option and another 20 seconds after I press the "A" button for me to enter the selected menu option. I haven't encountered any other slowdown/issues so this is quite a weird error. Any clue what's going on?

Years
    Hey, i've been loving the game so far, but i got two questions right now. Firstly, how can I get my Rillaboom the move grassy glide. And second, how can you get Ash-Greninja, as the froakie you get from rebattling Misty has protein. Thank you so much!

use the hidden ability switcher to switch froakie to torrent and then use an ability pill to switch it to battle bond.

So I started this hack yesterday, and was really enjoying the first hour or so. However, I've encountered a pretty bad bug that makes the game quite difficult to play:
    When I press "Start" to bring up the menu, the overworld animation stops (although music continues playing normally), and it takes 20 seconds to scroll between each option and another 20 seconds after I press the "A" button for me to enter the selected menu option. I haven't encountered any other slowdown/issues so this is quite a weird error. Any clue what's going on?

turn off L=A in options, this is known to slow the start menu.

And to everyone new trying to download the game, please check the FAQ as there are instructions on how to patch the game.

Years
    turn off L=A in options, this is known to slow the start menu.

And to everyone new trying to download the game, please check the FAQ as there are instructions on how to patch the game.
    Thanks, that was definitely the issue, I always turn on L=A since I usually play one handed on my GBA, but small price to pay to not get super-lagged start menu.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2020
    How do the raids work ? i saw that u can catch a stakataka. but i didnt see it in the raid. saw xurkitree.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2020
    So I am brand new at playing ROM Hacks, I've had an interest but have never been able to figure out everything i need to have to be able to play one. After watching someone play this one I REALLY want to play it looks solid, But I don't know anything i need to download to make this work. Can anyone help me know, maybe with links, of what I need. Or direct to the correct place to learn this info. it would be greatly appreciated.

Years
    So I am brand new at playing ROM Hacks, I've had an interest but have never been able to figure out everything i need to have to be able to play one. After watching someone play this one I REALLY want to play it looks solid, But I don't know anything i need to download to make this work. Can anyone help me know, maybe with links, of what I need. Or direct to the correct place to learn this info. it would be greatly appreciated.

Okay so I noticed a huge uptick in newcomers because another rather popular Poketuber has began playing it, I hate this is necessary but I'll attach a instruction video I found on YouTube on how to patch a .ups file in the main post which you can also find here:

The video asks that you have a Pokemon Fire Red .gba ROM, you will have to find this online by yourself as distributing the link is illegal and against Pokecommunity rules. Please make sure to find a 1636 Pokemon Fire Red Squirrels ROM and NOT a Fire Red 1.1 ROM as that is not compatible with the patch. Another alternative patcher you can use for mobile or Mac users can be found here.

After patching, you should have a .gba file that you can open with an emulator to play. You can play on mGBA or VBA if you are on Windows, openEmu if you are on Mac, myBoy if you're on Android, and gba4IOS if you are on iOS.
    I'm not too familiar with getting this to work on real hardware (although it IS compatible with real hardware) so you'd have to look at other resources to get that set up.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    While I don't get the removal of evasion boosting or accuracy lowering moves, it actually makes things slightly easier for me. However, one thing I don't like is how I need to constantly change my party after a while because the team would prefer to use would get completely one shotted by gym leaders and I would have to spend hours grinding up a team I may only use for one gym. I am not saying lower the levels of the gym leaders. And the nature changer is pretty nice. All I am really going to ask of you is to put a held item store somewhere, because the only good held item I have for gym battles by the time I get to Erika is Sitrus berries, which don't help much. The soft level caps, while annoying, I am used to thanks to Pokemon Reborn. And unlike Pokemon Reborn, the Gym leader is also trapped by the level limit, so it's more fair. I just want some access to held items that will help me turn the tide a bit as I am stuck on Erika because her pokemon are tanks and do so much damage and I can't access the game corner.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
    I just want some access to held items that will help me turn the tide a bit as I am stuck on Erika because her pokemon are tanks and do so much damage and I can't access the game corner.
    One of the best bits of advice I can give is to have a Staraptor with the Reckless hidden ability. Give it Leftovers, make it a Jolly Nature to crank the speed up as much as you can, and use Brave Bird. Also make sure to max out Carbos items on it. You might have to do a reset or two but Staraptor has been helping me alot against Erika.

EDIT- I had to check to be sure, and my memory might be fuzzy since Staraptor only gets Brave Bird at 49 where as Erika's cap is 44. I might have gotten Brave Bird out of the DexNav, but I cant recall for sure.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    One of the best bits of advice I can give is to have a Staraptor with the Reckless hidden ability. Give it Leftovers, make it a Jolly Nature to crank the speed up as much as you can, and use Brave Bird. Also make sure to max out Carbos items on it. You might have to do a reset or two but Staraptor has been helping me alot against Erika.

EDIT- I had to check to be sure, and my memory might be fuzzy since Staraptor only gets Brave Bird at 49 where as Erika's cap is 44. I might have gotten Brave Bird out of the DexNav, but I cant recall for sure.

Thank you. Also, another issue I have is that for some reason, my eevee won't evolve into espeon. i checked the settings to be sure they are correct for the Day/night system working and they are (I never changed my settings) and I wound up bringing my eevee to the level 44 level cap, and I know friendship should be working because my Golbat became a Crobat. Was the way to get Espeon changed or is there a bug that for some reason makes the day/night system work properly? plus, I know the day/night system works.

Last edited:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
    Thank you. Also, another issue I have is that for some reason, my eevee won't evolve into espeon. i checked the settings to be sure they are correct for the Day/night system working and they are (I never changed my settings) and I wound up bringing my eevee to the level 44 level cap, and I know friendship should be working because my Golbat became a Crobat. Was the way to get Espeon changed or is there a bug that for some reason makes the day/night system work properly? plus, I know the day/night system works.

There's documents on the front page that could have the answer. It might have been changed to a Sun Stone evolution.

Back