• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Giovanni's ground-type were hard enough in the 1st gen red and 3rd gen Fire Red. but add the Hard/Normal Randomizer and who knows what the Rocket Boss will have on his belt

Boss fights (Leaders and important ones) are not affected by the randomizer. Just 'Mons you encounter and trainers.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2020
    Made an account to post my first winning team!

Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Amazing hack! Looking forward to doing more mono-runs, especially.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    I started playing the random mode today, but something happens that I think is a bug, in all routes 2 Pokémon are always repeated.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2020
    Does somebody has an extra Kubfu/Urshifu and would trade one with me ? Would rly appreciate it

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2020
    Started the game a few days ago and really want to get my fav Pokemon Haxorus, any idea where I can find it?
    Or is there just like a complete location guide for all Pokemon? That would be great xD

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    So I've enjoyed the game so far, even though I'm only at the first gym. The reason why I'm only there is because I've been trying to get a shiny by chaining, but is there even really a point to doing that this early in the game? Has anyone tried to shiny hunt early on and gotten lucky?

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
    So I've enjoyed the game so far, even though I'm only at the first gym. The reason why I'm only there is because I've been trying to get a shiny by chaining, but is there even really a point to doing that this early in the game? Has anyone tried to shiny hunt early on and gotten lucky?

It gets easier later on cause the Shiny Charm is in the game. Granted, you have to beat some tough opponents first. Still, it's possible to find a Shiny before Brock.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2020
    Mono-Fighting win! Goofed on the screenshot, sadly.

Attachments

• Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)
      rrmonofighting.png
      44.6 KB · Views: 18
    • Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)
      Untitled.png
      30.6 KB · Views: 23

luisserpa

Yami Arceus
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2024
    Great game, I'm really enjoying the difficulty. Just defeated Erika on my 3rd try with a full level 44 team:

- Venusaur - It helped me on all gyms so far, and the buf with poison moves was a must. Finally it has some good moves of this type.
    - Houndoom
    - Pidgeot
    - Swallot
    - Pelipper
    - Coalossal

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    Hi

Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

First message for me here, just want to tell you" THANKS" ! That rom was so fun, so challenging, I had to tried new strategies and even knowing the opponent set was not enough to beat it sometimes.
    I enjoyed the fact that you can play all generations, I didn't played the 8th at all and it was very refreshing to have it.

My team was around music theme. Bronzong was a late addition to the team, but the master was Rillaboom. Insane pokemon, after a SD can OS every single non-resisting pokemon with grassy glide. Toxtrictity-mega was also fun.
    And my heart beat for Primarina, she set up the last fight and behind her substitute annihilate the last pokemon of Blue (
    Spoiler:
    )

To improve the game maybe increase way to make money early (meowth thief are boring) and give destiny knot a little bit earlier in the game ?
    Can't wait to see the updates !

Now, time to do it with monotype !

Hey, how did tou get grassy glide on your rillabloom? Ive been trying to get it and i just cant figure it out. Im pretty sure its not from level up is it?

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    i used rillaboom the first time i passed it and i think grassy glide can learn it with the relearn move tutor in cerulen city. it is also in mt but i don't remember where it is

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
    Hey, how did tou get grassy glide on your rillabloom? Ive been trying to get it and i just cant figure it out. Im pretty sure its not from level up is it?

The TM for Grassy Glide can be found in the Safari Zone. It's on the little island at the start where you'd usually find a Nugget in the older games.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    I think this is a great hack and am currently on my second playthrough, however I do think a quality of life change that could be added is adding 6 star raids before you become champion. I mainly say this because there is no post game and getting all these pokemon is almost useless at that point. Also, pokemon like Zeraora, Tapu's, and others aren't much better than some that you can get before you become champion like the Swords of Justice, Zapdos, Latios, Raikou, etc.

Back