• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2022
    I've downloaded this from somewhere else and I'm playing on pizzaboy. It works fine for me but will there be any issue if i continue on pizzaboy or should i change the emulator?

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2022
    I already deleted the game because I don't want to play anymore. But if you're actually interested in knowing, then I'll tell you.

I turned off EV/IVs so on the stats screen every pokemon had this "S+" thing next to their stats.

I had the following pokemon:

Shiny Alolan Muk with Poison Fang, Ice Punch, Rock Tomb, and Crunch (rock tomb's speed drop actually saved me from a lot) Poison Touch ability
    Alolan Dugtrio with Earthquake, Rock Throw, Sucker Punch, and Iron Head, Sand Force ability
    Gourgeist with Shadow Ball, Trick-Or-Treat, Giga Drain, and Leech Seed, don't remember the ability
    Vikavolt with Thunderbolt, Volt Switch, Bug Buzz, and... useless ass bite. I had no good moves to fill up the 4th slot. Don't remember the ability
    Kingdra with Brine, Flip turn, Dragon Pulse, and Dragon Dance, and I SHOULD have put Liquidation on it but my dumbass didn't. But, regardless, I never once had an opportunity to actually set up and use dragon dance in the first place so I'm not sure it actually mattered.

And finally I had a completely psyducking worthless Grapploct that didn't do muk other than bait moves and die

Yeah, man your team was actually possible, you just lacked the time to properly train up your team and strategize in a way that you will beat it. Did it first try (technically did one reset because the strategy I had in mind didn't work) You made me play Radical Red again out of your slandering and deciding to quit because you kept on bashing your team over and over without proper strategy to back up.

Here's your team that I fixed

Alolan Muk (Wide Lens) - Poison Touch - Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA) | Gunk Shot, Rock Tomb, Crunch, Knock Off | Wide Lens to have Gunk Shot a lesser chance of missing, Rock Tomb was needed to beat Mega Charizard Y as its Special Bulk would allow Alolan Muk to survive a Sun-boosted Flamethrower

Alolan Dugtrio (Muscle Band) - Tangling Hair - Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA) | Iron Head, Earthquake, Rock Tomb, Sucker Punch | First of all, why on God's green Earth you would have Rock Throw when Rock Tomb or Rock Slide exists? And having Sand Force without Sandstorm supports is just worthless. Tangling Hair is right there for a useful speed drop that may come in clutch when needed.

Gourgeist (Sitrus Berry) - Frisk - Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk) | Shadow Sneak, Hex, Giga Drain, Will-o-Wisp | 4 out of his 5 Pokémon is a physical attacker (the only one that isn't is the starter) With recovery in Giga Drain and held Sitrus Berry, and Will-o-Wisp helping out with its naturally good physical bulk, allowed for easy burning.

Vikavolt (Sitrus Berry) - Levitate - Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk) | Bug Buzz, Thunderbolt, Agility, Air Slash | Initially planned to use Agility, but because Vikavolt is slow as a turtle and his lead's Staraptor 2HKO's Vikavolt even with the Sitrus Berry recovery, I just went with Thunderbolt as I know he'll survive one Brave Bird, then recover to almost half with the Sitrus Berry. It's bulk even allowed to take damaged from burned Electivire and Azumarill.

Kingdra (Amulet Coin - lol) - Sniper - Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk) | Ice Beam, Dragon Pulse, Scald, Focus Energy | Didn't use as much but gave some chip damage to Mega Charizard Y to guarantee the KO from Alolan Muk. Also, you had a mixed Kingdra then you had more Special Attacks than Physical Attacks, which Dragon Dance boosts.

Grapploct (Sitrus Berry) - Limber - Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA) | Low Sweep, Bulk Up, Brutal Swing, Liquidation | Also didn't really used though getting a Bulk Up allowed it to take an Aerilate-boosted Double-Edge from Jumpluff

Also, you quitted on the Rival Fight when it's not even the hardest battle from that building itself.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • Get a Lotad with Giga Drain via DexNav. Level it to max, evolve it to Ludicolo. There- Now you have a Pokemon that can not only wall Misty's entire team, but can damn near Solo her if you do things just right.

I wanna follow up on this and make mention that to further boost this idea, you should also catch a Snom in Viridian Forest and trade it to the guy in Cerulean for his Carnivine to get the Big Root item. Give that to the Ludicolo and it'll be darn near immortal against Misty. The moveset should be Fake Out, Giga Drain, Mega Drain (if you can swing it, otherwise, just keep Bubble), and Aurora Beam.

NorseTLoki

Eilreicht Bass
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    Question. Does this work with VC? Or would I have to use an emulator on the 3ds?

Years
  • Pokemon Radical Red v3.0 is here!
    DOWNLOAD

This update's been over a year in the making, and I definitely think this is the one I've put the most effort and heart into. I'm so excited to finally get this out for y'all. As usual I tried to make sure there's a little bit in this update for everyone. Yes, this patch is compatible with your 2.3/2.3a saves. Please refer to the FAQ on instructions on how to update with your old save file. There are also instructions on how to patch.

There are a ton of changes, new content, and more, but I think the main things to note are:
    • Hisuian Pokemon (and some new PLA moves), and new Radical Red exclusive Seviian forms (post-game exclusive, for the most part)
    • Finally, new post game areas (Part of the Seviis are available, some new areas in existing locations in Kanto open up, some rematches, and more). please note this is only the first batch of post game content and there are more to come.
    • Following Pokemon! Not every Pokemon in the game can follow you, there isn't enough space (and frankly, time) for me to do that. However, most of the important and fan-favorite Pokemon, like starters and the pseudos, are able to follow you, along with popular Mega forms
    • Fixes to Randomizer, along with a new Scaled Randomizer mode (here, you're only be able to encounter Pokemon that make sense for that point in the game; so before Brock you're only able to see first stage Pokemon, after Misty you'll start seeing some second evo Pokemon + weak third stage evos, etc etc)
    • Of course, insane amounts of new QOL. Move Relearner in Party Menu, portable PC, Poke Vial, Time Changer, the list goes on...
    these are what I'd say are the main attractions of this update - if you want the full details you can read the full changelog here.

really can't be bothered to type too much right now... so here's a video overview made by a friend of mine:

and here are some more gifs and images

I am sad to say I don't think I did a good job keeping track of credits. I have backtracked and tried my best to ensure I didn't miss anything but with the scale of this update I most certainly did. If you believe you deserve to be credited please let me know.
    CREDITS:
    Spoiler:

love you all and thank you for playing <3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2022
    3.0 is great so far! Small note, it might make sense to decrease the selling price of rare candies given the provided cheat provides a limitless amount of them.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2023
    Kyogre available? Or soupacell forgot to list it in the unobtainable pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Do the gym leaders, E4, rival and other important battle have the same team and movesets like the 2.3 or had a new team and movesets?

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • Hot diggity daffodil, I cant wait to get into this with a brand new save.

UPDATE: After a few more hours of attempting the Move Maniac Puzzle Battle, I have given up, enabled a Max Stats Gameshark code, and that's just all there is to it. If I find any other Puzzle Battles, it's gonna be the same response. I'm not gonna stress about it and get my blood pressure up like this again.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2022
    Anyone Know What the Phrase i have to say for the NPC in the second city.

He ask.. Hmmm Do you know Whats up??

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2022
    I hope they replaced Sudowoodo on Erika's team with her a canon Leafeon. They could also give Gary his new Tyranitar and Hatterene.

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2023
    When I activated the opponent's Curse Body Ability it does disabled my chosen move, but when the opponent activates my Pokemon's Curse Body it DOES NOT DISABLED their disabled move.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2022
    I hope devs of this rom are working on adding more PC boxes so Living Dex challange could be completed.
    It would be awesome to see this one day.

Back