• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2023
    It's a easy and hard fix at the same time. Easy because it's relatively easy to add more boxes. Hard because 3.0 was made to be compatible with 2.3a saves. Adding more boxes eliminates the save compatibility.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2023
    Egg tutor wants me to recognize 4 pokemon by their cry but I have no idea so I'm stuck. Someone has the solution please?

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2022
    It's a easy and hard fix at the same time. Easy because it's relatively easy to add more boxes. Hard because 3.0 was made to be compatible with 2.3a saves. Adding more boxes eliminates the save compatibility.

Thanks for reply. In my opinion restricting such a thing like Living Dex for backward compatible saves is not the smartest idea tho. Would love to see it changed in future updates.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    For some reason , after I beat Agatha and I'm trying to enter the room before Lance , my game stops working and a black screen appears , no sounds , no movement , no nothing , I tried everything , killing some of my mons , reviving some , healing some , changing my lead , un toggling auto run and infinite repel, putting text on low , I tried everything , even removing the items and waiting , and yet nothing happened , this also happened if I try to use a rare candy and enter a building , the only way to solve that was by flying and coming back to said building , but I don't want to refight the entire 3/4ths of the elite four again , could I get some help please?

What emulator are you using? Also, please don't quote the entire first post.

Years
  • 3.01 Quick Fix is here

Most notably, the emulator freeze when reaching Lance's Room on certain emulators has been fixed. I have also added additional ways to receive Hisuian Pokemon in the main game.

IMPORTANT: PLEASE MAKE SURE TO DISABLE YOUR FOLLOWERS AND REENABLE THEM IN THE VIRIDIAN CITY POKECENTER AFTER UPDATING. Talking to a follower from an old patch when on a new version can cause strange, potentially gamebreaking, bugs!!!!

Changelog:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2023
    Just wanna ask if you can get hisuian form before post-game or you can just get them as a gift or in post-game only :)))))

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    They have all new teams pretty much across the board.

Is there a documentation for the team and movesets for rivals, evil team, gym leaders, E4, rematches and other important battle? Cause it'll be usefull

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    They have all new teams pretty much across the board.

Is there a documentation for the team and movesets for rivals, evil team, gym leaders, E4, rematches and other important battle? Cause it'll be usefull

You can find all the needed documentation on the Radical Red Drive here

On another note, I've been getting big issues with this 3.0 and 3.01 playing on mGBA installed on a New 3Ds XL. Everything is up to date but I keep getting to a point where after entering/exiting a building, I get a black screen and my save is then fucked.

First save it happened right before Brock, second save right after Misty. In both cases I had to completely restart a new save because no matter what I did, the black screen always came back.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    A bit more information on the black screen bug after a bit of testing:

In my case it seems that using many rare candies creates the black screen bug (or maybe not the candies directly, but what results of it, like gaining too many levels one after the other or evolving multiple pokemons etc)

I made a quicksave after beating Misty. If I keep on playing normally, no black screen. But if pull out the rare candies to get everyone in my team to lvl 34, as soon as I try to get through the house with a hole in the wall, I get the black screen.
    I can go through this house no problem if I don't use the candies though.

(I can provide more precise details on pokemons, levels and evolutions if needed)

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    A bit more information on the black screen bug after a bit of testing:

In my case it seems that using many rare candies creates the black screen bug (or maybe not the candies directly, but what results of it, like gaining too many levels one after the other or evolving multiple pokemons etc)

I made a quicksave after beating Misty. If I keep on playing normally, no black screen. But if pull out the rare candies to get everyone in my team to lvl 34, as soon as I try to get through the house with a hole in the wall, I get the black screen.
    I can go through this house no problem if I don't use the candies though.

(I can provide more precise details on pokemons, levels and evolutions if needed)

This just happened to me as well, but in a different area. The music went blank and crashed after I left the PC.

I think it's related to the instant text and mashing A button while leveling up with rare candies. If I don't do it so quickly, it won't happen.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • I still cant figure out the Move Maniac's Puzzle Battle. Last time I tried it, I nearly blacked out (IRL) from frustration.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    This just happened to me as well, but in a different area. The music went blank and crashed after I left the PC.

I think it's related to the instant text and mashing A button while leveling up with rare candies. If I don't do it so quickly, it won't happen.

I think you're right, I've been trying a bunch of stuff (leveling one pokemon one at a time, refusing or accepting to learn new attacks etc) and the only thing that seemed to make a difference was to slow down the button mashing.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Awesome update, but I'm struggling to find out how to obtain Ursaluna, Sneasler and Wyrdeer, the docu isn't helping, any tips?

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2024
    I'd wish some changes (such as some move change to 100 acc) would be used in other hacks, this hack is not suitable for me, too hard, even in easy mode. Now I'm in S.S.Anne, I lost patience and interest to continue on.
    Seems this hack fell into double battle pit too. Press start to toggle HP digit and bar, but right side of HUD will mess up.
    In Dynamax battle, if anyone used Max Phantasm, after animation, all HP HUD will cover a purple mask.
    If you let Pokemon behind you, you may see dislocation issue. Viridian City for example, if you go to gym, you will jump down automaticly due to that gym won't open at this moment, but Pokemon don't jump down.

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2022
    Potentially dumb question. I downloaded 3.0. I've now downloaded 3.01 but not sure how to patch it over so my saves still work. Any help?

Years
  • Potentially dumb question. I downloaded 3.0. I've now downloaded 3.01 but not sure how to patch it over so my saves still work. Any help?

Under General FAQ:
    How do I update the game to a newer version without having to start over?
    Save your current progress using the in-game save (not save state!) in a safe place. (a Pokémon Center for example)
    Close the game and delete the patched .gba file. (or better, move it to a different folder in case you mess this up)
    Patch the new version .ups onto a CLEAN fire red rom again (1636 squirrels).
    Place the newly patched .gba game into the same folder where your previous version was. Make sure the name of your game and save file is the same.
    Open the newly patched .gba and load your save.

Back