• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Doccit

Pokemon Conquest Creator
Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2022
    Hey - I notice that when my pokemon eats a berry it doesn't come up after battle. If I am remembering correctly, this was not the case when I played the game last year.

Is this a bug?
    Am I misremembering that having consumable items return after battle was ever a feature of radical red?
    Has this feature been removed?

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2023
    Hey - I notice that when my pokemon eats a berry it doesn't come up after battle. If I am remembering correctly, this was not the case when I played the game last year.

Is this a bug?
    Am I misremembering that having consumable items return after battle was ever a feature of radical red?
    Has this feature been removed?

I'm pretty sure that consumable items return after trainer battles but not when used versus wild Pokemon.

Doccit

Pokemon Conquest Creator
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2022
    Thanks so much! That clears things right up. It was in wild battles that I was losing my berries.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2022
    I don't know why in the intro we still have the message "stay safe in quarentine", that should be removed, like it's no longer 2020 lmao

Years
  • I think they changed the location of swampertite. According to the documentation, you need to beat the Dumbass kid (you liek mudkipz) on saffron and talk to him with a swampert as your follower. But it seems bugged rn. There's no dialogue when you talk to the kid (after beating him) and you'll be stuck. I'm playing in hard mode rn.

what emulator are you playing on? my testers and I haven't been able to replicate this

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2022
    hello! I was able to obtain the swampertite using VisualBoyAdvance 1.8.0-Beta3. I was playing at a mGBA version 0.9.3, radical red version 3.01 at that time.
    i guess the issue was on the emulator that I used.

Years
    • Seen today
    I was wondering, when are you going to update the Radical Red Showdown with the Hisui and Sevii variants (and evolutions)?

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2022
    Loving the new update so far, here's some bugs I've encountered

For Blaine, my Overqwil capped out at like 98% of 75 instead of the proper level cap of 76. It's the only cap it happened, I think and no one else was affected. Also talking to the nerds in his gym from above has grass pixels appear on their sprite.

And during Giovanni's Cerulean battle, if Mewtwo dies from after turn damage (Poison/Sandstorm) the mega animation will play on one of the other 3 slots(including fainted ones) and Mewtwo won't visually change forms until going into a menu to refresh the field.

Keep up the good work 😁

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2023
    Come faccio a scaricare questa fantastica Roma?

[translation]How do I download this fantastic ROM?[/translation]

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Amazing modification soupercell, playing in default difficulty and having a blast!

I noticed two minor visual oddities:

1) when walking from route 22 to Viridian City the name of city vanishes instantly (in top left of the screen)

2) Zubat sprite have a minor graphical/color error, there's some pixels different from the alpha color/transparency near his wings/head

Other bugs I identified you already fixed on 3.0.1 (or other people reported in Discord)

Thank you for your dedication!!!

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2022
    First of all, I love the new update. The QoL updates, especially the Rare Candies and the Care Packages, make this game so much more fun to Nuzlocke. In a similar vein, I am so happy I can choose gen8 mons as starters.

Now comes the BUT - while I have to shoulder some responsibility as well for that, I feel like the difficulty spike after Sabrina with the mini bosses and the weather is too much. Just lost my Nuzlocke to the first two trainers on Route 16 as I had nothing for the Draco... after spending hours and hours today to manover my team with mostly average encounters through all the bosses mostly deadless, based on the documentation from 2.3a.
    While new documentation will allow to calc also all those mini bosses, it's just too much in my opinion. We already have so many bosses, why make the routes challenging as well? To make a productive comment and less of a complaining one - what about asking about the mini bosses at the intro as well, as a further option?

Still thank you for this amazing hack and the new update.

Years
  • Version 3.02 Quick Fix is here

Changelog:
    Spoiler:

tldr: New TM Case QOL, as shown here:
    Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

additional follower Pokemon added, new move Esper Wing (Special 40 BP Psychic Prio move for Psychic/Flying mons), Court Change implemented (finally), and some pretty critical bug fixes. Also added some Pokemon encounters back in that I accidentally thanos snapped. Follower Pokemon will automatically get disabled in between updates, so make sure to go back to the Viridian City Pokemon Center NPC to re-enable them

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2022
    I've read in the changelog there should be the move relearner as option in team but can't find it

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2022
    Version 3.02 Quick Fix is here

Changelog:
    Spoiler:

tldr: New TM Case QOL, as shown here:
    Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

additional follower Pokemon added, new move Esper Wing (Special 40 BP Psychic Prio move for Psychic/Flying mons), Court Change implemented (finally), and some pretty critical bug fixes. Also added some Pokemon encounters back in that I accidentally thanos snapped. Follower Pokemon will automatically get disabled in between updates, so make sure to go back to the Viridian City Pokemon Center NPC to re-enable them

Love the new TM Case screen! Question - any chance you're adding back Select on the party screen to swap pokemon?

Back