• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2022
    For some reason, I can't get the saffron guy to give my stantler hisui potential. Has this been fixed in 3.02?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    For some reason I cant trigger the sandshrew race event in seafoam. I did it on my previous run but now I cant seem to trigger it. I did most postgame stuff, bar starter tutor and roaming mons but got all the other z moves and did the other rematches. Just in case i dropped both rocks in seafoam if its maybe the cause for that cause in my other one I didnt do that .
    NVM I forgot the bike is needed and mandatory for this. Sorry to bother

Attachments

• Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)
      2022-07-18 10_23_58-mGBA - POKEMON FIRE (286.2 fps) - 0.9.2.png
      12.5 KB · Views: 5
    Last edited:
    Years
  • anyone knows the answers to the egg move guy?

Spoiler:

For some reason, I can't get the saffron guy to give my stantler hisui potential. Has this been fixed in 3.02?

ah it appears I've overlooked this too. sorry about this, so no, it's not fixed in 3.02.

Love the new TM Case screen! Question - any chance you're adding back Select on the party screen to swap pokemon?

Unfortunately no, it was the cause of a slew of critical bugs so I don't really consider it worth my time at the moment.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2022
    It's amazing how much QoL things were added to this already big game. I see you may be open to incorporating features from other hacks (such as the TM case from Unbound).

Would you ever consider adding the revamped Pokedex from TheXaman?

https://i.redd.it/cj0ie3r245191.gif

Considering that Radical Red is a competitive battling-focused game, I think being able to see all Pokemon's base stats, Level Up moves, etc. in game would be super helpful. Might be another monumental task with all the changes/additions you've added but I hope we can see this one day.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • I hope the next update makes it so the Text Speed options are back to normal but have an Instant version. (Slow, Mid, Fast, Instant)
    Other than that, I'm on a break from the hack cause I felt some of the early fights (mostly Team Rocket members in Cerulean) were kinda tough.

EDIT- Also, that double battle before the Fossils was a nightmare for me, even on Minimal Grinding and Easy Mode.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I just have to let anyone know that the AI in this game is still blatantly cheating. I cant believe people give credit to rom hacks like unbound or radical red, who are supposed to "challenging", when in reality, the only difficulty comes from the pathetic, cheating AI. These games are nearly as bad as Pokemon Rejuvenation, who is already a complete embrassement of Reborn. Please, do not play them if you expect a fair challenge.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2023
    I just have to let anyone know that the AI in this game is still blatantly cheating. I cant believe people give credit to rom hacks like unbound or radical red, who are supposed to "challenging", when in reality, the only difficulty comes from the pathetic, cheating AI. These games are nearly as bad as Pokemon Rejuvenation, who is already a complete embrassement of Reborn. Please, do not play them if you expect a fair challenge.

you can cheese the AI so idk what your problem is

Years
  • I just have to let anyone know that the AI in this game is still blatantly cheating. I cant believe people give credit to rom hacks like unbound or radical red, who are supposed to "challenging", when in reality, the only difficulty comes from the pathetic, cheating AI. These games are nearly as bad as Pokemon Rejuvenation, who is already a complete embrassement of Reborn. Please, do not play them if you expect a fair challenge.

Dang that really sucks. Sorry you had to go through that. Hope you're doing okay.

somaxs

Super Trainer Somaxs
    Years
  • what emulator are you playing on? my testers and I haven't been able to replicate this

Emulator: PizzaBoyGBA

I listen to LuluTheDum advice/help and was able to get him to eventually give me the megastone. Don't exactly remember how but I just watched a YouTube video of someone collecting all the megastones and just copied exactly everything they did.

So it must have been something I did wrong at my end. (I guess for future updates you could have Dumbass kid say/mention that if you show him a Swampert that he would give you it's megastone, just like how the Gym Leaders mentioned their requirements to obtain their megastone.)

Anyway great hackrom Soupercell, no issues or bugs so far.

somaxs

Super Trainer Somaxs
    Years
  • Dang that really sucks. Sorry you had to go through that. Hope you're doing okay.

Also just wanted to quickly jump in and mention that I can understand why they would think/feel that the AI is cheating.

So far I have handled 6 gym leaders so far without no major issues, but a grip I have that is annoying me is the enemy AI almost always being able to tell/predict when my pokemon is a H-Zoroark instead of the pokemon it transformed with Illusion and hitting me with super effective Dark move.

It's fine if the AI learned after hitting me with a move and learning the pkmn is immune to a type it shouldn't normally be and figuring it out, but they always know before my H-Zoroark does it's first move. Thankfully at least H-Zoroark is fast&strong so I can still get it to perform, but it sucks that H-Zoroark might as well not have a ability at all if the enemy AI isn't gonna be fooled at all.

Also off topic, could you possibly give Zapdos his original Gen 5 hidden ability Lightning Rod? I caught it with a Dream Ball and was disappointed to find out that Static instead was his Hidden Ability. I know Zapdos is a good pkmn but just like Gengar with Levitate, it's sucks when they changed a perfectly good ability.

Ghyst

Rowlet Enthusiast
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Just beat the game and am doing the postgame. Just a quick question, will 4 Island and it's other islands be added to the game at some point? Navel Rock is referenced by Archer at Mt. Ember but Navel Rock is located at 4 and 5 Island

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2023
    Been playing this rom for the better part of a year now. I highly recommend it.

Discord frequently has people reporting various issues however I can't trust the admins of the server as they decided to delete my report. So I highly recommend saving your breath and look for another rom oriented server as the admins delete bug reports they simply can't be bothered to deal with.

And for context, I frequently play randomizer (species randomizer only, everything stays the same and I've beaten the game multiple times. This is the first time I've come across this specific bug.)

Now, random trainers now have Strang move sets, think mudkip using flame thrower strange, and each time my report is shot down and deleted.

Seriously don't bother communicating with staff. Just play the rom and grit your teeth through the bugs.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Technical Question / Suggestion: is it possible to put in an auto-save feature? If so, that would be a great feature to have

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    Will 6 mon following be possible like that emerald game?

Ideally looking for a regular frlg hack with 1-3 gen that can follow or can someone advise how to do it so I can implement it to my own hack

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Why do we have to talk to an NPC in order to put our pokemon in/out of their balls? a lot of other rom hacks like crystal clear just let you press select in the party screen. Do you plan to make switching in and out of the ball easier in the future?

Back