• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
  • Radical Red 4.0 is out, Gen 9 update is here!

Download 4.0 here
    Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Changelog here

Have fun and cheers :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2023
    Thank you for the hard work! I've been playing various runs since 2.0 but a I gotta ask do you plan to add terastalization in future updates? I'm really looking forward to play a romhack that implements tera-types and RR would be perfect.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2023
    I really enjoy playing RR very much but I find level cap very annoying since I have hard time beat Falkner because of it.
    I can`t join discord server since, I can`t verfy phone number, since I have already done that on my discord account.

Years
    • Seen today
    I really enjoy playing RR very much but I find level cap very annoying since I have hard time beat Falkner because of it.
    I can`t join discord server since, I can`t verfy phone number, since I have already done that on my discord account.

Falkner is definitely a tough one for being so early, but it's just a taste of what's to come in radical red. You'll need a full team as soon as you can, and you'll have to switch it up most boss fights when you have a mon that just isn't helping much, and don't forget to use your held items, like berries. For this fight specifically I recommend mareep, sandshrew (either kind), and phanpy, or a combination of all of them. Check your dex nav every route, you'll be able to find them easily. Best of luck!

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    What happened to the radical red dex online? Why was it changed? It's a huge downgrade from what it used to be.

Alphabetti_Spaghetti

Joe Mãos À Obra
    Years
  • Why can't Meowscarada learn Throat Chop? Or Darkest Lariat? It's perfectly logical that she can learn those moves. Why can't Lokix learn Throat Chop too? That doesn't make any sense. Why there isn't a move tutor who teaches Outrage? That kinda debuffed almost all Dragon-type pokemon. It would also be cool a move tutor who teaches Signal Beam and Throat Chop.

Years
    • Seen today
    I wanted to know why geovani's mega kangaskan hits first than my alakazam with speed ivs on S?

Just having 31 Speed IVs doesn't say much. What about EVs and natures? If the Mega Kangaskhan has 252 Speed EVs and Jolly nature (on top of having perfect IVs as well), it can be faster.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2023
    Hi, I think I have a bug with A-Sandshrew's race. I lose the race at the moment I move in any direction. If I don't move, the race never ends. I use visual boy advance.

Years
    • Seen today
    Is there a way to edit Pokemon moveset? I wanted a full trap set on my Glimmora and now I notice that it only learns Spikes through TM, which remains unobtainable in 4.0.
    Plus Mortal Spin attacks only one opposing Pokemon in Double Battles instead of both.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    anyone have a file i could download that's just the patch? the online patcher isn't working for me (just keeps saying "no rom/patch selected" even though i very much did select one). tips on how to get it to work would also be awesome

Days
    • Seen Mar 10, 2024
    Is there a way to edit Pokemon moveset? I wanted a full trap set on my Glimmora and now I notice that it only learns Spikes through TM, which remains unobtainable in 4.0.
    Plus Mortal Spin attacks only one opposing Pokemon in Double Battles instead of both.

It looks like there's a bunch of banned moves in Radical Red, and Toxic Spikes is one of them. Here's a full list:

https://www.pokeporto.com/pokemon-radical-red-documentation/

I'm kind of curious why there's banned moves and why so many of them. The odd thing is that Hone Claws is on the list, but I have a Galarian Meowth that has that move and was using that move when I caught it.

Back