• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Pokémon RBY Script editing via HEX - insert scripts from English dissasembly to their French versions?

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2024
    Hello!

It's been a while. I did a few changes to the English versions of R/B/Y using the dissassembly, like fixing the palettes (making Rattata purple instead of GREY, for example) and now, I wish to apply such changes to the French versions of those games for a pal of mine who can't speak English and only has a Mac. Oddly enough, Google isn't giving me any results for keywords like "pokered-fr" or "pokeyellow-fr", as they all link back to the basic English version. Is there any places out there with the offsets of R/B and Y that tells where scripts are located? I also wish to make the Safari Zone act like any regular place by HEX in the French versions (I did it with the English decomp, but there's no French decomp... yet) I also wondered if there is a script editor for Gen 1 games, or, if it would be possible to port the changes I did to the English decomp to the French version without damaging the text dump/fonts, as they arent the same in English/French. Thank you very much.

Dave

Back