• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Rebirth is ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Just a question, Vrai:

What colours do you want this fakemon to have? Just so that I can colour and shade it correctly. =P

Also, hoping to see some CSS soon. I know a bit, but not much. Oh! If you want, I could make a banner with the sprite I'm making for Rebirth, if you want it on it! I've almost got all of the resizing and lineart done! 8D

Well, the colors don't matter so much. It's going to be a Rock type that eventually evolves into a Flying-type, so I'd like those little wings on the side to be some sort of whitish color. I don't really care what colors you make it, so long as it looks good. ^^

And you could make that banner, if you'd like. ^^

Years
    100% Tauros Colours:
    Pokémon Rebirth is ugly

Not my best work... Sorry! Banner coming soon.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Major, MAJOR update! Take a looker at the first post to see what all has changed. :D

Anyone and everyone who has an opinion, post here!

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Those are great updates vrai!
    They make me want to play the game more!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Hah! My latest rombase ;D
    The maps look good, I hope to see this released soon, Vrai and team.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Those are great updates vrai!
    They make me want to play the game more!

Hah! My latest rombase ;D
    The maps look good, I hope to see this released soon, Vrai and team.

Thanks, both of you. ^_^

Well, I finally figured out how to insert sprites, so I put in a few of the ones I've made.

Pokémon Rebirth is ugly

I still hafta edit the stats and all, so yeah. But at least I'm making progress, right? ^_^

Also, I plan to be ready to release a Pre-Alpha (before the before-beta) sometime during the week of January 5th. Which is basically sometime next week. I'm already about half-finished with it, so I hope I can get a lot done in a short amount of time. :D

Edit: Obviously failed goal. Didn't even make February 5th. Maybe I'll shoot for March.

Failed that too. Maybe I'll just shoot for June.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Thanks, both of you. ^_^

Well, I finally figured out how to insert sprites, so I put in a few of the ones I've made.

Pokémon Rebirth is ugly

I still hafta edit the stats and all, so yeah. But at least I'm making progress, right? ^_^

Also, I plan to be ready to release a Pre-Alpha (before the before-beta) sometime during the week of January 5th. Which is basically sometime next week. I'm already about half-finished with it, so I hope I can get a lot done in a short amount of time. :D
    I think it should be facing the other way :\
    If you need help, don't hesitate to let me know

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Okay, I think it's better if I get a lot of work done, and then present it to all of you.

I think, for the moment, I will lock this thread until I can get far enough to at least present a Pre-Alpha, and maybe a bit further. If you think I shouldn't, for some reason, speak now or forever hold your peace.

I'm going to lock this sometime tomorrow.

Final Fantasy

High five!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2010
    I like your ideas, they seem original yet well known. =D

I can do rubbish scratches or 'basic outlines' as SI likes to call them.

Years
    The Screenshot's look great !
    I hope you stick with this hack, because it look's great.
    Good luck !

P.s - I think that video is pointless.

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I like your ideas, they seem original yet well known. =D

I can do rubbish scratches or 'basic outlines' as SI likes to call them.

Thanks. ^^

The Screenshot's look great !
    I hope you stick with this hack, because it look's great.
    Good luck !

P.s - I think that video is pointless.

I am most definitely sticking with this hack. I've already had a year to plan this out; why would I quit now?

And yes, the video is pointless. It's just to show a script that wouldn't really be funny if I hadn't otherwise. ^_^

I think that I will keep this open, at least for now. The updates will probably not be too quick to come, but they will be here eventually. And, I absolutely will have a Pre-Alpha done sometime during the next two weeks. So there.

Yay, Christmas colors! Oh, how I wish it was still here.. D:

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Lol, the police force, it reminds me of my hack. Anyway, this looks really nice, the mapping is good, and the scripts seem good too. Good luck.

ShaySkymin

It's thaaaaaank Shaymin time!
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    Ooh, sounds interesting. I might give it a go somet ime when it comes out.
    I nearly made a hack (gave up on it, it sucked)with a similar name. (Pokemon Reborn)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    sounds awesome, cant wait to play it!

^^"

Lol, the police force, it reminds me of my hack. Anyway, this looks really nice, the mapping is good, and the scripts seem good too. Good luck.

The police force, however big it may seem in the beginning, plays little role in the rest of the hack. (minus a few parts here and thar :D )

nice game I hope to see you finish it.

I will.

Ooh, sounds interesting. I might give it a go somet ime when it comes out.
    I nearly made a hack (gave up on it, it sucked)with a similar name. (Pokemon Reborn)

The Pre-Alpha will be out sometime this month. Hopefully.

Hmm, this also reminds me..
    I've been thinking about whether or not to rename the hack. It just seems to me that "Rebirth" fits less and less to the hack. I think I might add a poll if (or when) I speculate a few ideas.

*Goes back to hacking* ^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back