• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Requiem [Beta 1 Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Slow Update

Hello folks, I'm here with some bad news. The Beta 2 of Requiem has been pushed back. I want to optomize the scripts to free up some space and make them run smoother. Also I'm adding even more new sprites and optimizing the hack in general. Not to mention with the upcoming release of Black & White I figured a lot of people will be playing them and not hacks. The new release date (that will ABSOLUTELY NOT change is March 22, 2011. That is all. See you all in 3 weeks.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2021
    umm im a bit of a noob at this stuff. and i was just wondering how i get the game to play :$.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Epic Bump Is Epic

Okay everyone I have some explaining to do! As everyone should know by now I'm working on my first hack once again, Shattered Dreams. I restarted that shortly before the second beta was due so this one just faded away. I don't want to confuse anyone so I'll put this in bold:

I am no longer working on Pokemon Requiem. I am now working on Pokemon Shattered Dreams.

However I've hit a road bump along the way. My hacking computer died so I had to send it to California [I'm in Massachusetts] for repair. So that hack is on hold for about 2 weeks. When it gets back I'll be able to pick up on Shattered Dreams.
    But that's not the reason that I'm bumping this thread. In March I announced that the second beta for this hack would be released on the 22nd. I purposely did not release it. Not because it wasn't done but because I wanted to really focus on Shattered Dreams. But since I can't work on my hack until I get my laptop back, I wanted to release something to hold people over: the long lost second beta of Pokemon Requiem!

Notes:
    • The hack ends on Meteor Mountain after you beat Amber
    • There are 6 badges in this hack
    • There will not be any further updates for this hack. Shattered Dreams serves as a spiritual successor [google it] to Pokemon Requiem
    • I haven't worked on this hack since March 11th. That said don't expect too much in terms of innovation.
    • I'm not aware of any bugs yet since I did not send this version out to any beta testers. But I do know that no game-ending glitches are present.
    • This is compatible with Beta 1. I recommend you start anew
    • Don't report any small glitches. I am not working on this hack [nor do I have my hacking computer] so I won't/can't fix them.

Conclusion:
    This hack is dead but lives on in Pokemon Shattered Dreams. The download is available in the opening post. Enjoy.

Last edited:

Trifindo

POKEMON OMICRON CREATOR
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    I like the maps, but I think you could change the tiles. ;)
    The sprites are not bad.: D
    Keep it up, this hack has a future. :)

blase005

PKMN Yellow Lightning Creator
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2013
    Well I like that you started with Shattered Dreams since as I posted on that thread I said that I looked forward to it. But I don't think you should quit this one. Just put it on a hold and maybe make it a Sequal to Shattered Dreams! It's just a suggestion so you don't need to do it. But I don't think you should stop this hack until people lose interest in it.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • I'm going to close this thread since this project has been discontinued. Quilava's Master, you can contact giradialkia or myself if you ever want this thread reopened.

Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back