• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Revelation v231014: A Vanilla Improvement Hack for Hoenn

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
Years
  • Pokémon Revelation v231007 Update Is Here!

As I expected with the last big update, there were some regressions. This update primarily serves to fix those issues. If you ran into issues with magically-appearing Pink Ribbons and palette chaos at Sootopolis, this should fix them.

There's a couple of new features, too! Changes for this version are included in both the spoiler below and in the "Changelog.txt" file included with the download. Enjoy!

Spoiler:

Days
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Throwback was great, and this looks like it must be as well. Thanks.

One feature request- is it possible to make the Gym Rematch triggers easier? In vanilla, you need on average 1500 wild battles or 500 trainer/battle frontier battles to trigger just the first round of 8 matches.

Perhaps this is commonly hit for those who do and train teams for the battle frontier? But if you just want to do some events and rematches this is an enormous grind, and currently the E4 rematch is locked to this.

Really all the Gym rematches could use reworks -the first teams are all inadequate for anyone whos run the E4, and for the early gym leaders all their teams are kind of sad- but I am aware thats generally not within the goals of your project.

Edit: It appears that on route 114 Zangoose is the 1% encounter and Lombre is the daytime encounter? Possibly this is local though.

Last edited:

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
    Years
  • Throwback was great, and this looks like it must be as well. Thanks.

One feature request- is it possible to make the Gym Rematch triggers easier? In vanilla, you need on average 1500 wild battles or 500 trainer/battle frontier battles to trigger just the first round of 8 matches.

Perhaps this is commonly hit for those who do and train teams for the battle frontier? But if you just want to do some events and rematches this is an enormous grind, and currently the E4 rematch is locked to this.

Really all the Gym rematches could use reworks -the first teams are all inadequate for anyone whos run the E4, and for the early gym leaders all their teams are kind of sad- but I am aware thats generally not within the goals of your project.

Edit: It appears that on route 114 Zangoose is the 1% encounter and Lombre is the daytime encounter? Possibly this is local though.
    I certainly could adjust Gym Leader rematch chances. I hadn't thought about that before, so I'll add it to my to-do list. Like you said, though, the rematch lineups likely won't change.

Zangoose at 1% is the nighttime encounter. It's 19% during the day. Lombre is a 10% encounter during the day only. Seviper and Nuzleaf are the opposite time-of-day encounters for those two, respectively.

Back