• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Rich Edition

mistersmeargle

is a scatman.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2017
    If you want my advice on starters, though I already gave you some, try Shroomish, Staryu and Houndour. They're a new twist on the starters, plus they all have dual-type on their second evo, which forms a Fighting-Psychic-Dark triangle.

4fetter0_0

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2008
    If you want my advice on starters, though I already gave you some, try Shroomish, Staryu and Houndour. They're a new twist on the starters, plus they all have dual-type on their second evo, which forms a Fighting-Psychic-Dark triangle.

Those are best starters I ever heard in my life

mistersmeargle

is a scatman.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2017
    They were originally going to be the starters for my hack Pokémon Obsidian before I ditched the idea.

Antwhan

setting up for the big beta
    Years
    well, in the grand scheme of things here, i would liek to say cudos to you richboybert, for coming up with a concept so meager that it barly has merit. Out of those choices for starters, mst people would take the mew, which is to say bad considering legends make horrid starters.

Everything is more deluxe and everyone treats you differently because you are rich. It would be an understatement to say you're living in a superficial world.

If EVERYTHNG is more expensive and superficial then wouldnt that mean everyone would have more money? So they wouldn't really treat you different?

I don't mean to hate, but look at it this way... if you want to make a twist on things, dont increase costs in places or add nonsensical evos (castform into deoxys..wtf?). Make yourself special, unique, not a small time thing. Try and innovate. If not innovate, then create.

If your going to make a hack with no major changes, then dont bother posting it. You'll get torn apart, which is the sad case here in the scrap forum, and how some actually good hacks get buried in the crap.

I'm not singling you out bert, but does this idea even appeal to yourself?

Anyway...novel concept, poor execution...

mistersmeargle

is a scatman.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2017
    I don't see how those starters are lame, their base stats rival those of most starters, though in retrospect, I shouldn't have included Staryu as Staryu evolves by a stone. Instead try Slowpoke, Houndour and Shroomish.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2016
    well, in the grand scheme of things here, i would liek to say cudos to you richboybert, for coming up with a concept so meager that it barly has merit. Out of those choices for starters, mst people would take the mew, which is to say bad considering legends make horrid starters.

If EVERYTHNG is more expensive and superficial then wouldnt that mean everyone would have more money? So they wouldn't really treat you different?

I don't mean to hate, but look at it this way... if you want to make a twist on things, dont increase costs in places or add nonsensical evos (castform into deoxys..wtf?). Make yourself special, unique, not a small time thing. Try and innovate. If not innovate, then create.

If your going to make a hack with no major changes, then dont bother posting it. You'll get torn apart, which is the sad case here in the scrap forum, and how some actually good hacks get buried in the crap.

I'm not singling you out bert, but does this idea even appeal to yourself?

Anyway...novel concept, poor execution...

dude ur talking about sitting down for hours upon hours learning how to script, sprite, map, etc which is extremely timeconsuming to learn, much less to do....dont got time for that son...the earrings in my overworld is something new which i have seen noone come up with which i think people should add to their overworlds....earrings r cool!

I don't see how those starters are lame, their base stats rival those of most starters, though in retrospect, I shouldn't have included Staryu as Staryu evolves by a stone. Instead try Slowpoke, Houndour and Shroomish.

slowpoke....just pink and boring....Houndour...maybe the best one suggested....Shroomish....yellow with green dots...luks so ugly...yuck...pokemon is all about the beauty of the pokemon before stats in my book

Antwhan

Years
    well it doesnt take hours upon hours 2 learn how to do any of those things. but w/e dont try. dont learn how to do cool things.

Add silly earings and hate on pkmn that are unique and strong, just because they are not beautiful, in your own eyes.

but honestly... ur big draw is earings?

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2008
    The starters to me seem a little random; how will a Kabutops stand up to Mewtwo or Deoxys in the long run? As this is a Ruby based hack, Kabutops loses night slash as its primary psychic busting skill.

Why not focus on pokémon that aren't rare in everyone's eyes, but in the eyes of NPC's such as Pokémaniacs? Your starters could be Zangoose and Seviper, or Meowth and Growlithe (mongoose vs. snake // dog vs. cat, the matchups are endless. Not to mention Persian is awesome :[).

If you're adamant about using legendaries then try Suicune, Entei and Raikou, or the legendary birds for type differences; monotony is no fun.
    Experiment! However not to the point where your game becomes unbalanced.

Good luck!

Antwhan

Years
    The starters to me seem a little random; how will a Kabutops stand up to Mewtwo or Deoxys in the long run? As this is a Ruby based hack, Kabutops loses night slash as its primary psychic busting skill.

Why not focus on pokémon that aren't rare in everyone's eyes, but in the eyes of NPC's such as Pokémaniacs? Your starters could be Zangoose and Seviper, or Meowth and Growlithe (mongoose vs. snake // dog vs. cat, the matchups are endless. Not to mention Persian is awesome :[).

If you're adamant about using legendaries then try Suicune, Entei and Raikou, or the legendary birds for type differences; monotony is no fun.
    Experiment! However not to the point where your game becomes unbalanced.

Good luck!

Wow...surprisingly inteligent statement from a newcomer... I am amazed...

and also agree with that interesting idea, mke it more sense to use a legendary trio or a natural enemies other than choices picked out of a hat. so to speak...

ps- Welcome joeypants89 if u didn't get one yet

mistersmeargle

is a scatman.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2017
    Hmmm... I have a number of things to say about this:
    1. I'm surprised this is still going.

Actually in retrospect I had very little to say, oh well.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2016
    Wow. I have to say that you have a serious problem Bert. You dont want to do anything for yourself. Sounds like you may be spoiled IRL. I have been modding video games for years and I decided to come back to my roots with a pokemon hack, a lot this stuff is simply nitty gritty coding, hex editing and that stuff. I am a total newb to this scene but, I was hacking xcom back in the day with notepad paint and a hexeditor.

I have been doing kotor and fable stuff recently with a small detour into GTA: SA. Sadly I would have to say I see people that want there work done for them in all these places. I like your idea, it just needs some work. The starters however are terrible and Mew shouldn't evolve into mewtwo thats a terrible idea. Mew and Mewtwo server two different purposes. Mewtwo was a pretty versatile sweeper back in the day while mew is a general purpose pokemon that could learn any HM or TM .

And having a three legendaries in the evolving line of your starters is terrible.

The suggested trio is a fine starting set though I prefer my starter to have two evolutions to my starters. Slopoke, Hondour, and Shroomish are all decent pokemon for pve play.

I think if your going the richboy route you Don't have a pokedex quest, and you make the starters the Rare pokemon that NPCs have.

Growlithe, Pikachu, Snubull, Magmar, Jinx, Electabuzz, Marill, Phanphy, Skarmory just to name a few. Try and look at what the Pokefanatics, Richkids, and Cooltrainers have and go from there.

mistersmeargle

is a scatman.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2017
    Wow. I have to say that you have a serious problem Bert. You dont want to do anything for yourself. Sounds like you may be spoiled IRL. I have been modding video games for years and I decided to come back to my roots with a pokemon hack, a lot this stuff is simply nitty gritty coding, hex editing and that stuff. I am a total newb to this scene but, I was hacking xcom back in the day with notepad paint and a hexeditor.

I have been doing kotor and fable stuff recently with a small detour into GTA: SA. Sadly I would have to say I see people that want there work done for them in all these places. I like your idea, it just needs some work. The starters however are terrible and Mew shouldn't evolve into mewtwo thats a terrible idea. Mew and Mewtwo server two different purposes. Mewtwo was a pretty versatile sweeper back in the day while mew is a general purpose pokemon that could learn any HM or TM .

And having a three legendaries in the evolving line of your starters is terrible.

The suggested trio is a fine starting set though I prefer my starter to have two evolutions to my starters. Slopoke, Hondour, and Shroomish are all decent pokemon for pve play.

I think if your going the richboy route you Don't have a pokedex quest, and you make the starters the Rare pokemon that NPCs have.

Growlithe, Pikachu, Snubull, Magmar, Jinx, Electabuzz, Marill, Phanphy, Skarmory just to name a few. Try and look at what the Pokefanatics, Richkids, and Cooltrainers have and go from there.

Well done. Well done.
    And about the two-stage starters thing, I agree, that's why I originally suggested Staryu but obviously as a stone evo he would be out of place. So I suggested Slowpoke because bert would be too lazy to edit evolutions to get a Slowking.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years

Wow, you actually said something useful, well done *claps*
    lol, most newcomers are n00bs, but you are something else *more claps*
    He doesn't know what he's doing, and he wants people to do it for him!

I think he needs to wait longer before hacking...maybe learn a lot some new things.

mistersmeargle

is a scatman.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2017
    Wow, you actually said something useful, well done *claps*
    lol, most newcomers are n00bs, but you are something else *more claps*
    He doesn't know what he's doing, and he wants people to do it for him!

I think he needs to wait longer before hacking...maybe learn a lot some new things.

He doesn't need to learn some new things he needs to learn something.

And what was I when I joined? I hope I wasn't a n00b...

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Huh i'm surprised people are still posting on this.
    This game has no surprises in it.
    Just the same old story except that you are rich.
    the idea of castform evolving into deoxys is ludicrous like every non n00b in the PC.
    Legendary pokemon are meant to be caught not for 1 usually pathetic pokemon to evolve into a sweeper.
    You have no experience in mapping,the easiest part of a hack other than the plot.not that i was surprised this was coming from a n00b.Learn some scripting,mapping,plotting (especially) lessons in the documents/tutorials section.
    you shouldn't take complaints on this thread onto other threads like Neorocket thieves just because they don't like your game. Did you even ask someone here if that was a good story or not? Make a game when you learn some hacking lessons and next time,if there ever is a next time,make sure the plot is good.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I personally like MEW as a starter.
    But you do need to improve your maps and try to learn scripting.
    I'm trying to learn scripting, too.
    Fix the part where all those arrows are at OAKS END route.
    GL.

mistersmeargle

is a scatman.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2017
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I personally like MEW as a starter.
    But you do need to improve your maps and try to learn scripting.
    I'm trying to learn scripting, too.
    Fix the part where all those arrows are at OAKS END route.
    GL.

If you have Mew as a starter, his hundred-all-round stats and learn-all-most-any-move will take all the challenge out of the game. Bert doesn't want this to be a big hack, but it's obviously not going anywhere, he hasn't even replied here for days.

Back