• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Riddles

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023

Pokémon Riddles

Do you like riddles? Do you know an absurd amount of Pokémon trivia and lore? Do you want to get some sweet sweet points to help your team?

If you've answered yes to any one of those, than you've come to the right place!

The rules of the game

During the two weeks of the Get Together, every third day a total of 5 quizzes containing 5 riddles and puzzles in general each will be released.

After their release, your team will have a set amount of time to respond the quiz via private message or direct message to the host, Radio, having the Quiz and your Team somewhere in the title. E.g.:
    Code:
    Pokemon Riddles - Quiz #1 (Caelum)

But replace the quiz number and team name.

Please don't post your answers in this thread, but feel free to discuss the answers and riddles among your teammates.

All the riddles will be Pokémon related, although each quiz might have their own restrictions (such as "you don't need to know anything about the anime to answer these questions").

How the scoring works

As you might be expecting, the rankings for each quiz will be given based on how many correct answers you have. If needed, we'll use how long it took to get the answer as a tie breaker.

First place in each quiz gets 30 points, second place gets 20 points and third place gets 10 points.

The Quizzes

- Quiz 1
    - Quiz 2
    - Quiz 3
    - Quiz 4
    - Quiz 5

Leaderboard

Caelum: 20 points
    Aecor: 100 points
    Solum: 100 points

Last edited:

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023

Quiz 1

To start off our Get Together, we'll have our first set of riddles. None of the questions below will require knowledge of the Pokémon anime, Pokémon manga or the Pokémon Trading Card Game, although they might require knowledge across various games of the Pokémon franchise.

The Questions

1. When born, I was special, but now I'm no longer. Though every one has me, I might be hidden. What am I?
    2. You used me to wait, and used me to battle, but now I'm nothing but a trophy to be sold. What am I?
    3. Though the laziest will display me, the busiest will hide me. I'm hard to get rid off, but you might want to pass me around. What am I?
    4. Before my crown's gaze, you mustn't rush. You may defer, but trying to cut in line before me will have consequences. What am I?
    5. Though I am quite loud, you've never heard me. And none have ever seen me, though you might have seen my clone. What am I?

The deadline was originally July 8th, but given the rule change, Quiz #1 will be given an extra day and end on July 9th 10:01 AM UTC-3 to send your answers via PM or Discord DM to the host Radio (that's me), having the Quiz and your Team somewhere in the title. E.g.:
    Code:
    Pokemon Riddles - Quiz #1 (Caelum)

But replacing the team name as appropriate.

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • These riddles are great! And very challenging too, but I think I figured out two, maybe three, of them.

The others have got me completely stumped, but maybe the penny will drop sometime before the deadline still?

Years
    • Seen today
    Yo are these supposed to be Pokémon, items, or just anything from the Pokémon World?

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Yo are these supposed to be Pokémon, items, or just anything from the Pokémon World?

I already answered you on Discord, but just so everybody knows: the only restrictions given are those in the posts of quiz.

Which means, that for the Quiz #1, for example, they won't reference anything in the anime, manga or TCG. Anything else is fair game though.

Years
  • I already answered you on Discord, but just so everybody knows: the only restrictions given are those in the posts of quiz.

Which means, that for the Quiz #1, for example, they won't reference anything in the anime, manga or TCG. Anything else is fair game though.

So, could they also be something totally unrelated to Pokémon?

Years
  • so difficult... I think I'll just aim for the consolation prize of 5 points for solving a question in every set

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Since a lot of people have been telling me the riddles are way too hard, I've consulted with the managers and we're changing the rules a little bit.

Quizzes are now team efforts so be sure to discuss with your teammates and see if you can brainstorm the answers together! This also means that the scoring will now be done in a team vs team manner (with more points, yay!), instead of whoever got the most answers.

As such, I strongly recommend you join the Discord if you haven't already!

Given the rule change, we'll also be postponing the first deadline by a day, so you'll have until July 9th 10:01 UTC-3 to send the answers.

If you have any doubts, feel free to post in this thread, contact me via VM / PM or Discord DM.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    After some instability we managed to finish our first quiz: here are the answers:
    Spoiler:

Here are the rankings for this first quiz:

With 4 correct answers, we have Aecor. They'll get a total of 30 points
    With 3 correct answers, we have Solum. They'll get a total of 20 points
    With 1 correct answer, we have Caelum. They'll get a total of 10 points

Quiz 2

Let's continue our festivities with the second set of riddles. None of the questions below will require knowledge of the Pokémon anime, Pokémon manga or the Pokémon Trading Card Game, although they might require knowledge across various games of the Pokémon franchise.

The Questions

1. Once a mystery, now I'm dead. Once I healed you, now I hurt. I might shore up defenses or batter them. What am I?
    2. Every one knows me, but none may choose to use me. I once was resisted but now I am not. Many dread see me, yet some welcome me. What am I?
    3. If you used me, you replaced. I could do anything, except talk, but now I can't do a thing at all. What am I?
    4. I can make food dangerous, yet I'm not mold. Among my siblings, I'm the least reliable. What am I?
    5. I was once the sole poisoner of machines, yet now I'm no longer. What am I?

The deadline will end on July 11th 10:01 AM UTC-3, so please your answers via PM or Discord DM to the host Radio (that's me), having the Quiz and your Team somewhere in the title. E.g.:
    Code:
    Pokemon Riddles - Quiz #2 (Caelum)

Last edited:

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    We've finished our second quiz. Here are the answers:
    Spoiler:

With 5 correct answers and fastest, we have Aecor. They'll get a total of 30 points
    With 5 correct answers, we have Solum. They'll get a total of 20 points

Caelum didn't send, so it doesn't get any points

Quiz 3

I'm guessing this second set of riddles was a lot easier for you guys. Still, glad the answers are flowing! None of the questions below will require knowledge of the Pokémon anime, Pokémon manga or the Pokémon Trading Card Game, although they might require knowledge across various games of the Pokémon franchise.

The Questions

1. Once I did exorcisms, but now I can no longer. What am I?
    2. Ridiculous expensive and not cruelty-free. Except maybe in the tropics, where I'm a delicacy. What am I?
    3. Some may think I'm crappy, but really, I'm amazing ... at least if you're in France. What am I?
    4. As far as I'm concerned, beating up people is the best medicine ... unless your sheer power cows me. What am I?
    5. Once I was normal, then I went to the dark side. Now, flinch at my sight! What am I?

The deadline will end on July 13th 10:01 AM UTC-3, so please your answers via PM or Discord DM to the host Radio (that's me), having the Quiz and your Team somewhere in the title. E.g.:
    Code:
    Pokemon Riddles - Quiz #3 (Caelum)

Last edited:

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    We've finished our third quiz and officially passed the halfway point! Here are the answers:
    Spoiler:

With 3 correct answers and fastest, we have Solum. They'll get a total of 30 points
    With 3 correct answers, we have Aecor. They'll get a total of 20 points
    With 3 correct answers and last, we have Caelum. They'll get a total of 10 points.

Hope you all are having fun! This was going to be a trickier set and y'all got everything except the two trickiest ones right, so you're doing pretty good so far. Congratulations!

Quiz 4

None of the questions below will require knowledge of the Pokémon anime, Pokémon manga or the Pokémon Trading Card Game, although they might require knowledge across various games of the Pokémon franchise.

The Questions

1. I had a lock without a key, now I can stream even offline. I've ascended to greater heights, so if you dare face me ... well, then anything goes. What am I?
    2. Once a gift freely given, now you need some balls to get me. I am filled with wonder, but beware ... one wrong look and I'll have your soul. What am I?
    3. I have children who were born before me, yet I can't evolve or even breed. What am I?
    4. I once cared so much about my signature, that those who used it in the wild would turn into me. What am I?
    5. Once I could only use brains or brawns, but not both. Now, I've taken my namesake to heart. What am I?

The deadline will end on July 16th 10:01 AM UTC-3, so please your answers via PM or Discord DM to the host Radio (that's me), having the Quiz and your Team somewhere in the title. E.g.:
    Code:
    Pokemon Riddles - Quiz #4 (Caelum)

Years
  • meh, puzzle 1 and 3 just didn't have enough info, some options we came up with are just as good as yours

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    We're in the final stretch now. Here are the answers:
    Spoiler:

With 4 correct answers, we have Aecor. They'll get a total of 30 points
    With 3 correct answers, we have Solum. They'll get a total of 20 points

Not sending anything, we have Caelum. So they won't get any points!

Are y'all ready for the final round?

Quiz 5

None of the questions below will require knowledge of the Pokémon anime, Pokémon manga or the Pokémon Trading Card Game, although they might require knowledge across various games of the Pokémon franchise.

The Questions

1. Be it normal or shiny, it doesn't matter, I just dazzle. I'll chew you out if you wanna battle. What am I?
    2. Though you might find me rusty, I'm not made of steel. Organic and upcycling, I'm so good for the planet! What am I?
    3. I'm a jouster with no steed, a knight and also a thief. Still, my exploits are rather famous. What am I?
    4. Despite not being a bug, some call me a butterfly. Despite not being a battery, I am solar powered. Still, beware of the light, for not all that glitters is gold ... What am I?
    5. I'm a parasite, a sleeping pill and a snack all in one. Though I'm dangerous, you can't resist. You just have to see me! What am I?

The deadline will end on July 19th 10:01 AM UTC-3, so please your answers via PM or Discord DM to the host Radio (that's me), having the Quiz and your Team somewhere in the title. E.g.:
    Code:
    Pokemon Riddles - Quiz #5 (Caelum)

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    This is the end. Here are the answers:
    Spoiler:

With 5 correct answers, we have Solum. They'll get a total of 30 points
    With 4 correct answers, we have Aecor. They'll get a total of 20 points

Not sending anything, we have Caelum. So they won't get any points!

The end

First of all I'd like to thank all of you for participating! I know the difficulty levels were ... a bit wonky (or perhaps you're all just that smart?) and some of the riddles were a bit more ambiguous than I would have like, but that's what happens when I try to do these without any proofreaders. I hope this was enjoyable (or at least not painful) and added to your GT experience.

Now, we're ready for the final leaderboard:

Aecor and Solum are tied in first place with a total of 100 points
    Caelum gets the third place with a total of 20 points

I hope to see y'all around the forums, Discord or at least during the next Get Together!

Back