• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon rights activist?

Moltres Rider

Banned
    Years
    if Pokémon existed, do you think there would be Pokémon rights activists out there? what would a Pokémon rights activist try to do? and what would they try to fight for??? discuss how Pokémon rights activists would be here...

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    if Pokémon existed, do you think there would be Pokémon rights activists out there?
    I think that we already have a group that fit that bill - Team Plasma. Although it wasn't the plan of Ghetsis the people in it believed it was solely to free Pokemon and give them the rights to freedome they deserved.

Celestial Daze

Holiday Alt. = Holidaze
    Years
    So basically you want a Pokemon PETA?
    I think that it doesn't matter what they do, they can't and shouldn't try to impose ideals on other people(aka no shoving "RELEASE THE POKEMON" down our throats).
    So in this hypothetical situation,I hope it would be less like Team Plasma

Guest123_x1

I suppose "Pokémon rights activists" would be campaigning to stop the use of Pokémon in battles, and other outlandish goals (much like PETA).

Celestial Daze

Holiday Alt. = Holidaze
    Years
    Super friendly to Pokemon, a gargantuial monster to trainers ...
    They'd be thinking trainers are like Poke Poachers,which technically is right since you're catching them and putting them into fights ...

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    There are activists. Pokemon Trainers. They do everything an activist does, as long as they're one of the good trainers, not the one who kicks it around if it doesn't win a battle. That's a bad trainer. Also, generally another of Pokemon lover does support them but they don't necessarily go out of their way to campaign it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    There would absolutely be Pokemon activists. No matter how you justify it, letting a living creature fight until it faints for human sport would be dangerous and immoral in reality.

Luckily Pokemon is a game. Would you really want to go on a safari and throw mud at/capture Pokemon in real life?

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2013
    There would absolutely be Pokemon activists. No matter how you justify it, letting a living creature fight until it faints for human sport would be dangerous and immoral in reality.

Luckily Pokemon is a game. Would you really want to go on a safari and throw mud at/capture Pokemon in real life?

I would have to agree with you.

It's almost like (but not as inhumane as) bulldog fighting, except Pokemon faint instead of being killed. In real life it would be inhumane.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    Another question which I think is related to this thread...

Where are traditional animals in the Pokemon world? Would people eat Pokemon?
    I get the impression that traditional animals don't exist in Pokemon, but that Pokemon are the animals, the only form of wildlife they have.

EDIT: after looking it up, traditional animals are mentioned/shown in pokemon. However I think this is a strange subject, because so many pokemon are similar to regular animals. I think for the most part pokemon are the animals, and when the pokedex says "a mouse like creature" it is for the benefit of the game player, not because those animals are common in pokemon land.

I mean regular animals wouldnt stand a chance in their habitat with lighting shooting firebreathing creatures roaming around.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Another question which I think is related to this thread...

Where are traditional animals in the Pokemon world? Would people eat Pokemon?
    I get the impression that traditional animals don't exist in Pokemon, but that Pokemon are the animals, the only form of wildlife they have.

EDIT: after looking it up, traditional animals are mentioned/shown in pokemon. However I think this is a strange subject, because so many pokemon are similar to regular animals. I think for the most part pokemon are the animals, and when the pokedex says "a mouse like creature" it is for the benefit of the game player, not because those animals are common in pokemon land.

I mean regular animals wouldnt stand a chance in their habitat with lighting shooting firebreathing creatures roaming around.

There's a thread here to discuss that, just so you know. :)

Back