• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire/Emerald - Unused Content Rips

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    I'm sure anyone who has looked through any of the three roms while editing certain graphics on programs such as UNLZ.gba, TileMolester, and OverworldEditor, has noticed things not seen at all in game. Not that this isn't normal, as most games should have at least some ununsed content, even if not graphics. Anyways, this thread I made to post any unused graphics you have came across at all, just for reference. I may even use some of this in future projects as say, Hero/Heroines, etc, as some of the sprites aren't half bad. Most of this is from Emerald, as Emerald has the bulk of the graphics when it comes down to it in the GBA Pokémon series. Some of this I can see justified easily, but some you may "question". xD Anyways, this thread is to showcase some of this unused stuff and dicuss what it may or may not have been used for.

Ruby and Sapphire
    None yet. But there is an Unown font I noticed while in TileMolester about a week ago, and I'll rip that at some point and post it.

Unused Tileset

Emerald

Just a simple Rhydon doll/statue.

All

Ah, the infamous Fat Guy/Sumo Wrestler. I'm pretty sure every RSE hacker has seen this at one time or another, as it's early in the OW index. Either way, it definately isn't Pokémon-ish. Maybe a sumo wrestling mini-game in the Verdanturf Contest arena?(sarcasm). Who knows?

Edit - I have removed most of what was up as I was proved wrong on a lot of it. xD. It's no issue, that's not all that's ununsed in RSE, per se.

Last edited:

Matt Silver

Who Do You Think?
    Years
  • Gee, you found different palette'd peoples. You genius. And yeah, these are from Emerald. Have you even played the game?

Juan, 8th gym leader of Emerald

Anabel, Battle Frontier. Different palette.

Spencer, Battle Frontier guy.

Greta, Battle Frontier. Different palette.

Noland, Battle Frontier. Different palette.

Brandon, Battle Frontier. Different palette.

And yeah, i've pointed this out because I have to ask: "What's the point?"

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    lool. Thanks for the heads up actually. Like, I was iffy on some of those OWs as I wasn't totally sure if they were unused, but I checked with a few other people, and they said they were, so I figured I was right. And yeah, I've played the game, obviously, I just haven't played it totally through in ages >_>. No worries.

Just little changes in Emerald I forgot, like I said, haven't played it in ages. Like Juan replacing Wallas as the leader for the time being, etc. xD

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Definitely in R/S, not sure about E though. An unused tileset.
    Yeah, I just added it to the first post. I've been seeing a lot of that Tileset around lately...

[offtopic]Do you happen to know the index numbers for it? I've been wanting to use it in my hack. xD[/offtopic]

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    If I recall, they are in Advance Map if you want to find them. Search the unused tilesets (Dunno what number... 30 something I think... Ages since I found them... Try changing the way Advance Map lists Map, to make it list tilesets. it is one of the unused, obviously.)

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    If I recall, they are in Advance Map if you want to find them. Search the unused tilesets (Dunno what number... 30 something I think... Ages since I found them... Try changing the way Advance Map lists Map, to make it list tilesets. it is one of the unused, obviously.)
    well yeah, I knew that lol. It would just be quicker to know the numbers earlier. ;P. But yeah. I need to do that on FireRed at some point too, to see if FR has anything extra to offer.

I just realized I made a typo on the thread name. O.o. I'll get that fixed. It really bothers me. xD.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    well yeah, I knew that lol. It would just be quicker to know the numbers earlier. ;P. But yeah. I need to do that on FireRed at some point too, to see if FR has anything extra to offer.

I just realized I made a typo on the thread name. O.o. I'll get that fixed. It really bothers me. xD.

I searched, Firered doesn't, as far as I can tell. I can guess why as well. It is a remake, so Nintendo knew what tiles to make.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    I searched, Firered doesn't, as far as I can tell. I can guess why as well. It is a remake, so Nintendo knew what tiles to make.
    That's lame. =/. But good point, haha. Anyways back to subject, later I'm going to rip those Unown symbols I saw in a Ruby rom, around the same area as the main font. They're the same size as the letter/number entry characters. I wonder what they might have been used for?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    That's lame. =/. But good point, haha. Anyways back to subject, later I'm going to rip those Unown symbols I saw in a Ruby rom, around the same area as the main font. They're the same size as the letter/number entry characters. I wonder what they might have been used for?

Depends... Could be an early version of the Braille things, or a new, sorry beta event?

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Depends... Could be an early version of the Braille things, or a new, sorry beta event?
    Maybe it was, but they changed it to Braille to be less like GSC?
    Anyways, I can rip pics of the unown text later today, but for now, I'm going to sleep really soon, because I've been up all night on end haha.

Back