• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Ruby Destiny Series

Yuuki_Asura

Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD
Years
  • just tried patching bt 1.2 and tsukuyomi was unable.

error message:
    Spoiler:

the issue isn't tsukuyomi i had another rom to patch and tsukuyomi handled it just fine.

also the ruby should have been clean since i had just downloaded it off of coolrom.

Edit: same issue with 1.0.

You may want to check your Rom again. You either (a) tried patching a pre-patched rom, or (b) tried patching a Ruby 1.1 rom. My first couple Ruby roms when I searched for 1.0 were actually 1.1.
    A Dude's Did anyone Try the Ruby ROM at Romulation.net ? cause it worked for me

Tyranitar Killer

Tyranibeast
    Years
  • What I have played of BT so far is pretty good, I am confused about the whole main Character is Latios thing but its probably because I didnt beat the Master 17 in LoG, keep up the great work

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I wonder if region selection will change much to the future of the game, I hope so

What do you mean?

What I have played of BT so far is pretty good, I am confused about the whole main Character is Latios thing but its probably because I didnt beat the Master 17 in LoG, keep up the great work

Latios/Latias wasn't included in the LoG story, so you don't need to defeat the Master 17.

And Chaomega just sits there.

ikr?

It's like this throughout the whole event there. I'd just got the 2nd badge and defeated Flame outside Union Cave to activate this event.
    Yes, I met him on the first floor but, as with the rest, he is invisible.

Hm... After you talked to Flame inside Sprout Tower, did you ever went back to the PC to heal or did you continuously just went up until where the event takes place?

I just went back through the Johto story again, to confirm everything you asked. This time, however, I've found another issue.
    When on the top floor and battling the Rocket grunt, I lost the battle and was unable to continue. I just comes up with a screen saying "Game Over" and I'm unable to leave that screen (without resetting).

That's a feature I forgot to put in the first(fourth) post. I added it now. ^^

So, the last patch has the fairy type included? And is the game complete? -because I have play a bit the really old version...

No, the latest patch fixes the Fairy type issue. And no, the game isn't complete yet.

Anyway I love your work

I wish I could say the same. This hack has 5 regions and is freaking killing me. >.> It's like releasing 5 betas of 5 different games in 1. What was I thinking?! o.0

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    How long I have waited for Broken Timeline? Like LoG it's a masterpiece of it's own and i had played the whole Ruby Destiny Series, so I could watch the improvements over the time. I was really surprised five regions are playable and the prologue was a beast itself. Now it makes sense why the game is named 'Broken Timeline'.

My favourite is the Gento region, because it looks much better than in RoL, but it's still recognizable with the changes and improvements and it's plot fits the problem with the timeline very well, even it's just the beginning.

Crest from SkyLine looks better with the new tiles and the idea with the player character being Latias/Latios is great (reminds me of Thor). I'm curious about the question if the player character will find out he/she is actually a legendary with amnesia. And what's about Chaomega?

By playing I discovered a bug: When I evolved my Lumeet to Volbeat on Level 10, after the evolution the level is 8. Is the evolution for Lumeet similar to Wurmple, since it's a pre-evo for Volbeat and Illumise? (I love these fireflys)

Sorry if my English is not good, I am German.

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I mean that after a little in the Story you pick a region to go to, I'm asking if this has any long term effects to the story

Well, each region has a different set of events/stories, so yesh, I suppose? You won't be able to do the events in the other regions anyway.

as Crest was one of those regions does that mean Skyline was a spin off

No, SkyLine was meant to be a new game, but I cancelled it.

By playing I discovered a bug: When I evolved my Lumeet to Volbeat on Level 10, after the evolution the level is 8. Is the evolution for Lumeet similar to Wurmple, since it's a pre-evo for Volbeat and Illumise? (I love these fireflys)

Thank you for the report. It'll be fixed in the next patch release. :3

Sorry if my English is not good, I am German.

Your English is quite good. ;)

Are there higher leveled wild pokemon in every route

Yesh. They're my version of mini-bosses. :P

will there be bosses with high difficulty like LoG

...well, Dark Lugia in Gento and Dradiaccio(sp?) in Crest are bosses. :/

Would you consider the different regions to be different difficulty settings, or are they just there to be awesome? :P

Erm... They're there for the players to choose which region they want to play. I'm aiming for each of them to have the same difficulty. :/

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2016
    What was I thinking?! o.0

Here's my guess:
    "Hmm, I need to make BT better than LoG somehow. But what can I do?"
    "A new region? Nah, too much thinking."
    "Reuse one of my region? Meh, not creative enough."
    "I know! I'll just put in all of them. That'll work."
    {XD}

Btw, will the Lati sibling meet each other? Please don't seperate them, oh mighty time lord.:(

KeyRogue

No theme for now...
    Years
  • just tried patching bt 1.2 and tsukuyomi was unable.

error message:
    Spoiler:

the issue isn't tsukuyomi i had another rom to patch and tsukuyomi handled it just fine.

also the ruby should have been clean since i had just downloaded it off of coolrom.

Edit: same issue with 1.0.

The Ruby 1.0 ROM you need is "0907 - Pokemon Ruby Version", and patch it with NUPS if tsukuyomi is not working (Also Yuuki, add the link of NUPS in your tutorial, Jagold didn't include this patcher because he just realized it.)

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    It has come to my attention that Johto, Gento and Hevah are difficult regions if you start off with a Grass type starter. I want to hear your opinion on this matter though, and ask if you have any suggestions on how to balance the game out.

I'm thinking of adding Elektrikes in the early routes and removing the berries from the first gym leaders, but I am not sure if that will solve the problem. :/

So...suggest away~

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    The berries do certainly present challenges. I picked Chikorita in Johto, and I figured Geodude would be the easy way to beat Faulkner. I was able to get by with Uproar Hoothoot, but I would suggest Onix, Phanpy, and/or Mareep to help out against the first leader. Elektrike works too though if you don't have many Pokedex spaces :)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • It has come to my attention that Johto, Gento and Hevah are difficult regions if you start off with a Grass type starter. I want to hear your opinion on this matter though, and ask if you have any suggestions on how to balance the game out.

I'm thinking of adding Elektrikes in the early routes and removing the berries from the first gym leaders, but I am not sure if that will solve the problem. :/

So...suggest away~
    No one uses Grass starter, no problem =D

Back