• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Ruby Destiny Series

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    The berries do certainly present challenges. I picked Chikorita in Johto, and I figured Geodude would be the easy way to beat Faulkner. I was able to get by with Uproar Hoothoot, but I would suggest Onix, Phanpy, and/or Mareep to help out against the first leader. Elektrike works too though if you don't have many Pokedex spaces :)

Phanpy sounds good, but is it good to have one early in the game? I am not sure though. But I'll take this into consideration.

And hm... Yeah, I like the Mareep idea.

No one uses Grass starter, no problem =D

Pokémon Ruby Destiny Series

you are wrong Oakami. There are people like me who love grass types.

He was kidding. xD

Yeah, it's better to put Electrike in the first route in Hevah/Gento, and Geodude/Onix/Mareep in Johto.

Mareep being available early in Johto sounds good. ^^

I am not sure where to put Geodude in Hevah or Gento though, since there are no caves available yet before you beat the first gym leader.

Reposting my question, since we're on a new page now~

It has come to my attention that Johto, Gento and Hevah are difficult regions if you start off with a Grass type starter. I want to hear your opinion on this matter though, and ask if you have any suggestions on how to balance the game out.

I'm thinking of adding Elektrikes in the early routes and removing the berries from the first gym leaders, but I am not sure if that will solve the problem. :/

So...suggest away~

Yuuki_Asura

Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD
    Years
  • The Ruby 1.0 ROM you need is "0907 - Pokemon Ruby Version", and patch it with NUPS if tsukuyomi is not working (Also Yuuki, add the link of NUPS in your tutorial, Jagold didn't include this patcher because he just realized it.)

Oh yeah, I forgot about NUPS Thanks for the memo:)

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    taunt isn't working right, it cuts out after turn 1 (counting the turn its used on as turn 0 which iirc is the way the game counts it) and doesn't send the pokemon x's taunt ended message.

Years
  • It has come to my attention that Johto, Gento and Hevah are difficult regions if you start off with a Grass type starter. I want to hear your opinion on this matter though, and ask if you have any suggestions on how to balance the game out.

I'm thinking of adding Elektrikes in the early routes and removing the berries from the first gym leaders, but I am not sure if that will solve the problem. :/

So...suggest away~

Firstly, i still havent tried the beta cuz busy, so i will use my experience of your previous hacks as suggestion. so i may be wrong at some parts cuz u might have actually changed things in BT.

Electrikes would be a solution but seeing as i never pick electrike (or any other shallow movepool electric) for my team (except in versions where Manectric can learn flamethrower), i would (like the others) suggest mareeps/geos/onixes for johto.
    Gento has that ice town so a spheal with ice ball would be easy mode for the gym (just like in RoL) or dunno if u have implemented any swinub with early ice shard that would be a cool change also. Moreover i dont see the point of blocking the cave after luster town with cut since u cannot proceed futher inside without surf. (maybe just to make the 1st gym harder through lack of geo/aron?)
    Hevah. . hevah... well you could provide access to the route past silkwind town before having to beat the gym and also access to the mineral cave there (also making that entrance a seperate room with lower levels in it and the guy actually blocking you to proceed to the high level area)and get some geos/onixes there.
    Generally this thing that u arent allowed to even go to next route before beating a gym isnt so great. you could always put a HM or event block somewhere further and still allow players to grind the next route. it feels kinda better

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Phanpy sounds good, but is it good to have one early in the game? I am not sure though. But I'll take this into consideration.

And hm... Yeah, I like the Mareep idea.

He was kidding. xD

Mareep being available early in Johto sounds good. ^^

I am not sure where to put Geodude in Hevah or Gento though, since there are no caves available yet before you beat the first gym leader.

Reposting my question, since we're on a new page now~

It has come to my attention that Johto, Gento and Hevah are difficult regions if you start off with a Grass type starter. I want to hear your opinion on this matter though, and ask if you have any suggestions on how to balance the game out.

So...suggest away~

i'd also reccomend giving charmander more of its fire red/leaf green moveset with metal claw at 13 so that you aren't dependant on dragon rage against brock (literally had to spam ember and hope for multiple burn hax against that fairy/rock type with charmeleon to beat it).

also i second mareep for johto (just using the native pokemon makes more sense) also for one or the other of hevah/gento put like shinx instead for variety.

Edit: my brain kicked in and i remebered the way gento is structured, and i haven't played gento yet so unless its starting on the sinnoh island i guess that shinx would have to be hevah.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2022
    oh yeah , does illumise 's evolution exsit in this game? if it is then what level do we need to evole it?

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2016
    i'd also reccomend giving charmander more of its fire red/leaf green moveset with metal claw at 13 so that you aren't dependant on dragon rage against brock (literally had to spam ember and hope for multiple burn hax against that fairy/rock type with charmeleon to beat it).

also i second mareep for johto (just using the native pokemon makes more sense) also for one or the other of hevah/gento put like shinx instead for variety.

Edit: my brain kicked in and i remebered the way gento is structured, and i haven't played gento yet so unless its starting on the sinnoh island i guess that shinx would have to be hevah.
    Just get a Budew/Oddish outside Pewter and Brock's a goner; you don't have to rely on starters entirely you know. :)
    Besides, JG didn't mention Kanto, so he must have thought it isn't a problem.

Anyway djg-san, Johto has Dark Cave with Geodude so Falkner might not be a problem. The route south of Violet has rare Mareep, make it more common if you want.

For Hevah, you can make the cave accessible earlier, but restrict movement until the event takes place. Or put in Pichu/Pikachu somewhere is fine too.

For Gento, the route east of Luster has Electrike; it's rare so just make it more common. And Snowsoft has Ice type, though I must say, getting to that small patch of grass is more annoying than needed.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • It has come to my attention that Johto, Gento and Hevah are difficult regions if you start off with a Grass type starter. I want to hear your opinion on this matter though, and ask if you have any suggestions on how to balance the game out.

So...suggest away~

I chose the Hevah region to start off with since it's my favorite! But when I saw the starters, despite knowing who was the first gym battle, I chose good old Snivy :) But no matter how hard I trained, Snivy was still not strong enough. So one day after roaming around the grass patch, I hit a jackpot because I caught a level 20 Pigeotto and that was my savior. Then Snivy got stronger and soon he evolved! Now I'm unstoppable!

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Just get a Budew/Oddish outside Pewter and Brock's a goner; you don't have to rely on starters entirely you know. :)
    Besides, JG didn't mention Kanto, so he must have thought it isn't a problem.
    note i didn't encounter any budew while i was grinding, and since i personally hate oddish i'm not going to go out of my way to use a pokemon i hate just for one gym.

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2016
    note i didn't encounter any budew while i was grinding, and since i personally hate oddish i'm not going to go out of my way to use a pokemon i hate just for one gym.
    What's wrong with that? If you're stuck because of an obstacle and a solution is there, you're gonna ignore it just because you don't like it?

And unless I'm missing something here, Fire types also don't do well with Misty's Water types, which are ALSO weak to Grass. That's two birds with one stone.

Moreover, Grass types can typically learn both Cut and Flash (two of the lesser HMs) for convenience, if you don't feel like using them for more than their intended purpose. That's three (four?) birds with one stone.

And yes, Budew is there. Keep looking and you should find it.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2015
    The new Hack is also awesome. 5 regions wow. Now I have some questions.
    1. What do you think how many years, will it take you to complete the Game?
    2. Will you complete all 5 regions? Guess please =).
    3. Is your PC now fixed/OK?

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2014
    Destinedjagold,will you bring April back,and here's the thing I don't get when April battled with me against breatherna and deazone, at the end,April said that she should be the vessel and then April disappeared.what does this mean.when April "SACRIFICED" her life,did she turn into air because when I got breatherna in my party pokemon,I wondered,Is breatherna the REAL BREATHERNA or is breatherna April because April said about something about being a vessel.
    HOPE YOU answer

Anyways,
    Hope you bring April,she's awesome.

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Destinedjagold,will you bring April back?

Maybe. She was part of the LoG story, so there's a high chance that I will add her.

and here's the thing I don't get when April battled with me against breatherna and deazone, at the end,April said that she should be the vessel and then April disappeared.what does this mean.when April "SACRIFICED" her life,did she turn into air because when I got breatherna in my party pokemon,I wondered,Is breatherna the REAL BREATHERNA or is breatherna April because April said about something about being a vessel.

She became Breatherna/Deazone in your team. Guardian Trainers' roles in LoG was to become the vessel of the dragon gods once their bodies expire.
    In Angeallen, Devihel and Rayquaza's cases, they don't have vessels to continue to live, so they're gone, but I gave them to the player just so that you guys can use them. :P

Into your broken time line but the patch won't work

Try again with other Ruby ROMs from other sources.

1. What do you think how many years, will it take you to complete the Game?

75 thousand years~

2. Will you complete all 5 regions? Guess please =).

Yes. I plan to. If I can't, then real life either killed me or decided to troll with me again.

3. Is your PC now fixed/OK?

Nope. Not yet. Don't have the money atm. I just finished saving up to buy myself Omega Ruby. xD

Anyway djg-san, Johto has Dark Cave with Geodude so Falkner might not be a problem. The route south of Violet has rare Mareep, make it more common if you want.

Oh yeah, that cave exist... And making Mareeps a little more common sounds like a good idea. ^^

For Hevah, you can make the cave accessible earlier, but restrict movement until the event takes place. Or put in Pichu/Pikachu somewhere is fine too.

I may add another Mineral Cave in Bouquet Field for that purpose. Thanks for the suggestion! ^^

For Gento, the route east of Luster has Electrike; it's rare so just make it more common. And Snowsoft has Ice type, though I must say, getting to that small patch of grass is more annoying than needed.

Yesh, making Electrike common there sounds good, too. The path elading to the small patch of snowy grass will not be changing, sadly. (mwahahahahahah!)

oh yeah , does illumise 's evolution exsit in this game? if it is then what level do we need to evole it?

Yes, Beatote and Illaimant exist in the game. Illumisé will evolve into Illaimant at lv25. ;)

Charmander does learn Metal Claw in FR/LG. I didn't know that! (Since I always choose Bulbasaur in every Kanto game). Anyway, thanks! That little lizard can now learn that move. ^^

my brain kicked in and i remebered the way gento is structured, and i haven't played gento yet so unless its starting on the sinnoh island i guess that shinx would have to be hevah.

...oh yeah... that's how Gento worked in RoL...
    Ah, screw it! I'm the hacker! I can do whatever I want! xD

taunt isn't working right, it cuts out after turn 1 (counting the turn its used on as turn 0 which iirc is the way the game counts it) and doesn't send the pokemon x's taunt ended message.

That's how Taunt works in 3rd generation games. ;)
    I'll try and change it when I get the chance~

Generally this thing that u arent allowed to even go to next route before beating a gym isnt so great. you could always put a HM or event block somewhere further and still allow players to grind the next route. it feels kinda better

Yeah, I think I made BT like that. I think...

Years
  • I lost to level 20 Absol in kanto mt.moon .It says game over now.. I can't continue??? And its too over powered with swords dance.. He used super potuon and it has sitrus berry too

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I lost to level 20 Absol in kanto mt.moon .It says game over now.. I can't continue??? And its too over powered with swords dance.. He used super potuon and it has sitrus berry too

[Game Over] is a feature I added in the game. If you lose to certain 'dangerous' events, it's game over. So you need to be careful with your saved states, if you're using them~

As for the game over screen, that simply means you're dead. Losing in certain parts of the game leads to a real game over, so careful where you save state!

Years
  • Yea luckily I saved before that event. I could take advantage of flamebody charmeleon and with dragon rag e i managed to win. Now I finished both gento and kanto.. I'll play other regions too..... Out of gento and kanto. I liked gento more. And where can I catch spritzee?

Last edited:
    Back