• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Saffron Version

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Question: How do you get Caterpie or Wurmple in this game??? Do you have to breed a Metapod or Silcoon or Cascoon???

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2021
    Looking forward to this game. Finish it soon, buddy.

Nah, I'm lying; no hurry. Take your time. After all, the game looks amazing. Greetings.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I am so impatient at this point. Should I play the demo or should I wait till the release? I can play it once more once it releases, it doesn't matter for me actually. But I wanna know if it's worth playing the demo version?

Last edited:

N

Play Online Multiplayer GBA Emulator: Multigba S
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Spoilering the updated features/progress without giving the playable file as the spoilered kind of pissed me lmao.
    This guy sure to successfully make me impatient XD

Years
  • The features you've implemented are absolutely incredible. Since I haven't seen some of them in other hacks or in the resources subforum (eg the Poketch) I assume you've programmed then yourself. Hope one day you'll share those with the community. Can't wait for the next release! Good luck!

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2023
    It used to be there with a mention of the current download version not having all of the stuff mentioned yet. So I guess they removed it at the moment

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2023
    From Discord: The creator has decided to change the rom base so it could take a while to port everything over.

"I've been pretty quiet about Saffron on here lately and wanted to make a quick transparency post explaining what's going on and what the future of Saffron looks like.

Over the last several months I've been making major changes to Saffron which unfortunately has added a lot of time to the development schedule, but will be more than worth the payoff.

Starting with its core, Saffron is no longer using the CFRU as a base. I'm not going to go into detail about Saffron's brand new base yet, but it is essentially a decomp project now. I will not cut ANY features in this process. I was already at a point where the only thing I was still using from the CFRU was the battle engine, which is now replaced with DizzyEgg's battle engine for pokeemerald (which is better for several reasons imo). This transition is to make development quicker and space management more efficient as well as making larger and more in-depth features a more reasonable endeavor.

Prior to this shift in the project's base, I had made it up to the 7th gym, leaving just the 8th gym and the league to finish before a public release was ready. With this massive change, I've been moving the game into my new custom base piece by piece. At the same time, I've been modifying old features and creating new ones. A few examples being a new bag with more pockets for organization, a new overworld palette system for more detailed and vibrant environments, a fresh battle UI, and much more."

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2021
    How exactly do you evolve sylveon? Just walking around in amista park with high enough friendship?

Years
    • Seen today
    @LazyLucario007

As someone already mentioned, it's done when it's done. ROM Hacks are generally not made along a tight schedule, but are mainly a hobby. Ergo, no one knows when it's done, neither does the creator probably.

Asking for updates won't make progress faster.

Back