• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Shifting Tides [Recruiting!]

JBro63.9

JBro63.9
Years
  • Information in the thread is now invalid. Follow the twitter account @PokemonSTGame for future information. We will post the game's progress once we get close to a demo.

Last edited:
    Years
  • A few corrections:
    First off, this game is NOT an Idea; the game was originally labeled as Developing and some moderator changed it for whatever reason. The game is already in development, and we need sprite and art designers for the game.
    Second, the title is not just "Shifting", it's "Shifting Tides". The moderator who approved this assumably changed this as well for no exact reason... or maybe on accident?
    That's all. -JBro

You should be able to change the thread's tag by editing the initial post. Not sure, though.

Edit: Just looked by editing my own game's thread. Yep, you can change it.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Since you posted your complaints in here rather than sending me a message, so shall I.

You don't display any progress at all, just a few paragraphs of text. If you don't demonstrate any actual development (i.e. screenshots and the like, but not concept art), then it's no different to an idea, which is why it was labelled as such. As for the title, I didn't edit it; you didn't type it in properly. I fixed it for you.

JBro63.9

JBro63.9
    Years
  • It wasn't a direct complaint, just noticed some errors that should be noted is all; thanks for fixing the title though!
    And I see what you're saying here; however the game is definitely in development. Just nothing to necessarily prove it yet with a lack of artists...

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    Already looked earlier at your project, but didn't have the time to respond back then, so i'll do it now! First off, you seem really ambitious about and the ideas you have also kinda display which I found really nice to see. While the ideas are great though, you can't just finish a great project like this with ambition, you need much more like that, cause much people eventually drop their hacks/games, and I hope you won't. For example a lot of determination and motivation is needed. I really like the ideas in your mind though, for example the sidequests in the vein of zelda. Also the story is something that could get really interesting if you manage to do it correctly, but we'll have to see! Thus said though, I would want to offer my help to you and your small team to develop this ambitious project, although im still not really experienced or good at it, I have the motivation to get better and let it become something good. I could make concept art and eventually also write parts of the story. So what do you think about it? You could post respond to it here, but i'd rather pm to be honest.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2016
    Pretty interesting concepts overall, but one nitpick: your starters don't look cute enough lol.

Back