• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Wenrare

Bringer of Destruction
Years
AHHHH!!!

Using previous save states isn't actually possible [don't know anyone who could do it]. Restart your game, as JJK said.

Like i said, i start a new game on the X5 version and the beta 5 and both of them FATAL ERROR me whenever i hit start!!!

Oh and i think Carlos's pokemon changes depending on starter im not sure though

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
I do have one problem with this game. When first starting the game, and you encounter "Carlos",
his Slowbro is extremely annoying. He overuses Yawn and Curse too much.
It's hard for me to get past the first part. So my question is... WHY?!

The Slowpoke that Carlos has in the X version of the SG is not THAT

hard. I used Cyndaquil to defeat Carlos 'cause it has high Attack Power to

pwn it. Also, the X version is supposed to be hard. That's what Zel said,

right?

Carlos has a Squirtle, if I remember correctly...

He has a Squirtle in the Normal Version of SG if I recall correctly...

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2008
Does zel plan to put new music in kanto or johto i got sick of old kanto and houen ages ago is h going to remix the old stuff?

after diglett cave do you get to vs crarlos again and is red going to be ash or red plus is his music going to be different i hope it is just asking though someone reply plz!

ke14nt

king of Kingz
Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2012
I do have one problem with this game. When first starting the game, and you encounter "Carlos",
his Slowbro is extremely annoying. He overuses Yawn and Curse too much.
It's hard for me to get past the first part. So my question is... WHY?!

Its bCoz ur playing the SGX which is harder compare to the normal Shiny gold.. and it doesnt depend on ur starter.. i think u need luck to win againts him.. joke

Years
Uhh,this is the Shiny gold thread,not the plz-help-me-plz-i-want-to-hack thread.And to the one that gets fatal errors when he is pressing new game,DON'T use NO&GBA,because it can't handle Shiny Gold because of some beginning script.If you want to play it,use VBA,aka Visual Boy Advance.Google it!

Years
when I use the lavender town pokemon center, the game crashes and I can't fly to cherrygrove or lavender town. And what are you going to do after you finish the kanto region? hoegn maybe?

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2014
So what is the sequence for the switches in the basement area in Goldenrod after you've fought the first round of Team Rocket members in the Radio Tower?

I tried 3-2-1 like walkthroughs for the original Gold said but it didn't work.

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
So what is the sequence for the switches in the basement area in Goldenrod after you've fought the first round of Team Rocket members in the Radio Tower?

I tried 3-2-1 like walkthroughs for the original Gold said but it didn't work.
Figure it out yourself. He said that he would be switching things around so your original walkthroughs wouldn't work.

Oh, and Zel! I decided to check out this thread, 'cause everybody seems to love Shiny Gold, and it IS awesome! Keep up the good work!

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
when I use the lavender town pokemon center, the game crashes and I can't fly to cherrygrove or lavender town. And what are you going to do after you finish the kanto region? hoegn maybe?
The Lavander and the one at the entry of the Union Cave aren't "real" PC's, zel just mapped a PC and put someone dressed as Joy healing your pokes with the same text as all other. In other words, he "masked" one of those healing houses as a PC (this is not entirely correct, but it's in a understandable way). Before you use any of those pc's, use another one first and it wont crash.

The fly post will be as they are now: There were simply not enough fly posts. Don't forget this is a FR hack, zel is limited to the amount of fly posts (and pc's) that were in FR.

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2008
Hi, i was wondering if i can carry on my game from the save file from beta 4, to beta 5, will that be ok? im just thinking it might glitch up, my only worries is that i dont have the pokebeeber and the phone card thing, i only have vs seeker from beta 4

So is it safe for me to carry on my saved game from beta 4?

clonex25

Just droppin' by...
Years
Actually i have a question for Clonex if he/she happens to be around. I noticed you contributed to the remixing of the music and I've listened to your remixes on your thread, I have to ask this: What was the prog you used for remixing? Sorry if this isnt relevent to the SG convo but yea cant pm you.

[shitsurei shimasu]

BTW I'm male...

Look for Magnius' Guide To Pokemon Music Hacking in the PC Forums and you'll know the answer. As for the MIDI software, I'm using a different one, but I recommend Anvil Studio.

Thanks for the comment. Magnius has a lot of good music, too.

[shitsurei shimashita]

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
There must be something wrong with the ROM you patched over, that's the only possible explanantion other than maybe you cheating. Try getting a new ROM.

Years
I think you should try putting in some sinnoh pokemon. And I don't mean all of them, I mean the ones that evolve from older pokemon, but only some. Eeveelutions, mamoswine, ambiopalm, honchcrow, mismagious, and the others like that

Back