• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 19, 2021
is there any walkthrough for kanto map after i defeated johto league?
I'm pretty sure you can use original Gold/Silver walkthrough. As far as I remember changes there are minimal and mostly connected to optional stuff

Hello to all of you, especially @hacksrepairman, I have a request lol. In the Introduction, can you Change Gary sprite into Silver sprite? and add fairy type? Good job for this unofficial update of the hack and thank you for completing Johto-Kanto region. And I have a question, is Trainer Red available to battle in Mt. Silver?
Well, since hacksrepairman mentioned new locations after Red fight I suppose Red is beatable xD

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 27, 2018
Zel 2.0

Hello buddy, i wonder if you can allow a friend "VerserkrDark" to publish a modification that he does to you Shiny Gold X, ROM, with a little few changes, to make us his followers to download it. Please i hope you read this and answer :) thanks and keep on your work it is amazing :D

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Zel 2.0

Hello buddy, i wonder if you can allow a friend "VerserkrDark" to publish a modification that he does to you Shiny Gold X, ROM, with a little few changes, to make us his followers to download it. Please i hope you read this and answer :) thanks and keep on your work it is amazing :D

Just saying, Zel hasn't been active in a very long time. I doubt you will get a reply. :/

KriXtuFher

PoKéMoN Trainer
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
I hope that maxiex9 and hacksrepairman will work together to fix this hack.
-changing gary/blue sprite to silver sprite.
-adding fairy type
-adding pss split
*even if it is not almost/nearly perfect but still it is fun to play :) #gschope

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2019
-adding fairy type
-adding pss split
*even if it is not almost/nearly perfect but still it is fun to play :) #gschope

The Blue/Gary sprites in the newest screenshots ARE Blue/Gary. Not Silver.
Silver's sprites are in the game, and also have been.

KriXtuFher

PoKéMoN Trainer
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
-In the introduction of Pokemon Shiny Gold Beta 5 Fixed Version (unofficial and latest version)
go to this link: https://imgur.com/gm3uRVB

-In the introduction of Pokemon Shiny Gold Sigma Version
go to this link: https://imgur.com/QH8a7VV

See their difference... I just only want to change that Sprite lol xD.

The Blue/Gary sprites in the newest screenshots ARE Blue/Gary. Not Silver.
Silver's sprites are in the game, and also have been.

Are you doing a remake hack of GSC using the emerald base?

Last edited by a moderator:

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
I tested that part just now, and nothing happened to my TMs. This is strange, I guess this glitch only happens to a few people. So, I have no idea about how to fix this now, because I can't even reproduce this glitch in my game. I'm so sorry for that.

If you are talking about the original one, it has 13 badges?the beta ends after you reached Route 2, If you are talking about my fixed version, it has 16 badges. Johto and Kanto are completed.

So, your version of the game is completed?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
-adding fairy type
-adding pss split

I forgot to change Silver's intro sprites thanks to my carelessness, now Silver has his own sprite. As for those features, I think I'm not going to add them, because I want to preserve the original things in it. I'm just trying to fix and finish it, not improving it. Sorry.

So, your version of the game is completed?

Yes, Kanto region is completed.
I still remember how much I liked this game. This is why I decided to make a fixed version of this hack which contains a whole Kanto Region. I know someone else tried to do the same thing, but all of them tried to change the original things in this hack. This makes me think I should make a fixed version in which all the creators' ideas are perfectly preserved. So, here it is. A faithfully fixed Pokemon Shiny Gold Beta5.
The following glitches are fixed:
A small cave in Ice Path is glitched.
The glitched border tiles of Route 2.
You can still enter Safari Zone even though you lost your Pokemon.
The following things are added by me:
Gold/Silver style Pewter City, Route 3, Mt. Moon, Vermilion City, Route 1, Pallet Town, Route 21, Cinnabar Island, Route 20, Route 19.
Trainer Tower, secret areas where you can catch Mewtwo, Rayquazza and Regirock after Red is defeated. (All these things are based on the creator's original map.)
Rival's events in Mt. Moon, Indigo Plateau and Dragon's Den.
Some screenshots:
TmTk7GF.png

Here's the download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/xu6vti3df8ydef8/ShinyGold_Faithfully_Fixed_Beta5.ips

I updated the patch to change Silver's intro sprites. Silver's intro sprite was from Numus.(I might be wrong, after all, this sprite is so old, I don't even remember how I found it.)
Screenshots:
hg2Ge0m.png

The old download link still works:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/xu6vti3df8ydef8/ShinyGold Faithfully Fixed Beta5.ips

KriXtuFher

PoKéMoN Trainer
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
I forgot to change Silver's intro sprites thanks to my carelessness, now Silver has his own sprite. As for those features, I think I'm not going to add them, because I want to preserve the original things in it. I'm just trying to fix and finish it, not improving it. Sorry.

Yes, Kanto region is completed.

I updated the patch to change Silver's intro sprites. Silver's intro sprite was from Numus.(I might be wrong, after all, this sprite is so old, I don't even remember how I found it.)
Screenshots:
hg2Ge0m.png

The old download link still works:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/xu6vti3df8ydef8/ShinyGold Faithfully Fixed Beta5.ips

I appreciated your effort. Thank you so much hacksrepairman :smile:

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 21, 2018
Hacksrepairman, first of all, I would like to say a big thank you for going ahead and finishing off what Zel started. It was ages ago when I first played this game and it always had a spot in my heart for being one of the best hacks I had played at the time! Playing it all over again has filled me up with some great nostalgia :)

However I am facing some issues/glitches which I'll point out:

1) If you walk past the front of Cerulean Gym's Door you will be dragged inside no matter what. A hinderance more than anything else.

2) After completing the Baby Kangaskan mission, the Lavender Town pokecenter becomes glitchy, forcing you to shut off the game to restart.

3) Both New Bark Town and Pallet Town houses have issues loading in the game (see pics). This is a pain as I couldn't get anything from the mum in the beginning, and now I can't reach Oak at all meaning I can't face Red. Any advice on whats causing this to happen/a fix?

Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 18.03.39.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 18.04.29.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and again thanks for finishing off this hack!

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2020
Thanks for reviving this project. Finished the game in one night and it gave the same feeling as when I first played it years back. The rest of the game is an accurate completion of GSC (although it felt like Carlos should've had one more appearance before the end).

P.S. For some reason when hunting for a Mudkip in Union Cave I met 5 Mawiles and a Shiny Zubat before getting one.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
I have a question about hack pokemon shiny gold sigma 1.3.5 how many are the regions in the game, plus how much of the story goes, plus some additional chapters

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
I have a question about hack pokemon shiny gold sigma 1.3.5 how many are the regions in the game, plus how much of the story goes, plus some additional chapters

SGS has nothing to do with this hack, it was modded by another hacker.
This thread is about the original Shiny Gold (finished by hacksrepairman)

Back