• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
Well, Goldenrod is a big city, don't you think it would be reasonable to have more than one phone booth there? (yeah, all of them have the same effect, anyway)

[EDIT]: Oops... I forgot to tell that I am working on the Trick House's maps. So far I have 8 out of 11 maps available for the next Beta.

I still think it's a bit too many but its your hack so do what you what (as long as it stays so cool)

Awesome! I want to see more pics of the trick house (or know where it's located at)

Edit: Zel your almost at 1000 posts! that's a lot! way more than my puny 68. Congrats

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
Years
  • Age 32
  • Utah
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
Awesome, Rock Tunnel.

Just seeing those few screens has me pumped.

Kazan22

The Drumming Guitarist
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 21, 2019
I gotta say nice work Zel! This is one of the best hacks I've seen thus far.
I've read all these pages and one thing I've been wondering: why are people so worked up over the BGM? ya music can set the mood but is it really that important that people have to act like they're gonna die if it's not fixed or implemented? I personally jsut shut off the sound on the game so I can use the speed button and I listen to my own music but that's jsut me.
but nevertheless; keep up the good work!

Shiun Enshidia

The Demon Nicknamer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 29, 2020
Re: Other maps
I see. For the record, in the original Gold, if one used *insert unacceptable method* to walk through walls from the East Ruins of Alph entrance, if you walked north, you would find a house with 2 signs and a mountain and if you walked south...you would find a cave with some water, neither led anywhere. Sorry to waste time, I was trying to find SOMETHING to help with...

Veng3anc3

Woah..
Years
:o rock tunnel :o missing kangaskhan :ooo >_> cool screens keep it up zel!
i wonder wut this trick hopuse is gone be like ;O

Years
I still think it's a bit too many but its your hack so do what you what (as long as it stays so cool)

Awesome! I want to see more pics of the trick house (or know where it's located at)

Edit: Zel your almost at 1000 posts! that's a lot! way more than my puny 68. Congrats

Wasn't a pic posted about 10 or so pages ago, showing that the trickhouse was in the route above the ruins of alph, in the route as the guy who gives you rock smash. If not, maybe I'm imagining things.

Gamewhale

lol --
Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2012
Haven't been on PC for a while.

So Zel, are there gonna be any more battles with Carlos in the next Beta?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years

As it was told, it's located at Route36, a good spot in my opinion, because you'll be wandering around that route many times.

I gotta say nice work Zel! This is one of the best hacks I've seen thus far.
I've read all these pages and one thing I've been wondering: why are people so worked up over the BGM? ya music can set the mood but is it really that important that people have to act like they're gonna die if it's not fixed or implemented? I personally jsut shut off the sound on the game so I can use the speed button and I listen to my own music but that's jsut me.
but nevertheless; keep up the good work!

Well, still, changing the BGMs is a good additional touch to make it look a bit more like Gold. But, of course, it's hard to replace all the BGMs so it'll take some time.

So Zel, are there gonna be any more battles with Carlos in the next Beta?

Let's see... Nope, there are a few battles with Ash&Pika and Jess&Jamie this time. Carlos will be around Pallet next time (with an important event for you)

Oh, well. Since I won't be online again till next Thursday (and that's why I'll disable my PMing again), I better show the rest of the Rock Tunnel screenshots:

image018so1.png
image020qs6.png
image021at5.png

By the way, that old guy is Fuji, good thing I haven't overwritten his OW :P
Yeah, another blocked area... Wonder what's inside? :laugh:
I think I will need a baby Kangaskhan OW sometime, but there's no rush for it yet.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Wow nice screens zel.
You rock dude!!
Cant wait for the next beta

pizzakoe

Experienced Spriter
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
The problem of giving someone the champion title is that that person will automatically get the rival's name. Knowing it, he gave him that title, changed it to "rival", and now, since that music can't affect anyone more, he will change it for the GSC rival music. If he uses a random title, changes it for "champion" and changes its music for the G/S/C champion music, he would be changing all the music of all the normal battles! Up to date, there isn't any other solution.

And what do you mean with the "just-a-trainer" script?

What I mean with the "just-a-trainer" script is show him as just a random trainer which are everywhere in the game, but then Edit theyre script so you can encounter them more times (Just like he did with Carlos and the Bugcatcher guy)
And:

If zel gives Your Rival the title of RandomTrainer(like Carlos and Bugcatcher ard)
Then Zel is able to Give Lance the title of: Champion.

Do you Finaly understand what I mean?!:P

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
What I mean with the "just-a-trainer" script is show him as just a random trainer which are everywhere in the game, but then Edit theyre script so you can encounter them more times (Just like he did with Carlos and the Bugcatcher guy)
And:

If zel gives Your Rival the title of RandomTrainer(like Carlos and Bugcatcher ard)
Then Zel is able to Give Lance the title of: Champion.

Do you Finaly understand what I mean?!:P

Umm... yes. I think I understand. And what do you think the Rival scripts are? It's just a trainer which is programmed to appear in several places, like the other trainers. Like Carlos. The only difference is that he has a special music. And I repeat: if you call someone "Champion" in the game, he will take the rival's name, like Gary in Fire Red (in R/S/E that wouldn't happen). I guess he could pick another category, kill other random music and, via ASM, make that category have the Champion theme, but I don't know if that can be done, and that's not too vital for the game.

Kronos1000

Fear my nonhacked Lv100 Deoxys
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2011
A question, in the original Gold you don't have to pass the Rock Tunnel, but that would mean you can skip this event, or will you do something so you really have to get through the Tunnel?

I have a feeling the route safron-lavender will be blocked off somehow, thus forcing us through the tunnel. What I'd like to request, nay, PLEAD to Zel, is to not use HM "flash" for several reasons:

1) It's awquered
2) I hate teaching it to a pokemon because I have to overwrite a usually good move unless I spend ages trying to find a pokemon that works with flash and I don't mind killing a move.

Other than that, the hack's really coming on well. Those random ghosts are a cool touch as well. This hack has already suppassed the original games (and if Zel somehow managed to make day/night in the game, he would be a hacking GOD!!!)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
The Champion thing has already been confirmed, basically what Went said is correct.

And, Kronos1000, as you said, it's not absolutely necessary to go through the Rock Tunnel (though you may lose the event and a few items), because now I have opened the blocked gates to the Route to Lavender and the Route to Celadon from Saffron, so you can reach Lavender skipping the Tunnel now.
You cannot enter the Tunnel from Lavender, unless you've done the event with A&P in the Tunnel (and for that you can only do it entering from R10's entrance)

[EDIT]: And, answering to bobmarleypeople. Flash is still needed (sorry, if the original had it, then...) but only in one of the floors of the Rock Tunnel (the bottom one), you may end up surviving that floor without actually needing to use it, but, I don't know.

Last edited:
Back