• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Sors - The VytroVerse Part 2 (Full Game, v1.3 Available Now!)

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2023
    Im currently trying to patch the game and when I put it into VBA it is a black screen, I used a new version of Squirrels FireRed, and normally you would IPS patch the rom to the game right? Then after do you do the UPS patch or something along those lines? I've downloaded Nups but when I go to patch the ups to firered it says the file your trying to patch doesnt match, patching cancelled. In order to play do I have to Lunar IPS patch the rom to FireRed and then ups patch the game? Please help.

Last edited:

Vytron

Just an ordinary Romhacker
    Years
  • Im currently trying to patch the game and when I put it into VBA it is a black screen, I used a new version of Squirrels FireRed, and normally you would IPS patch the rom to the game right? Then after do you do the UPS patch or something along those lines? I've downloaded Nups but when I go to patch the ups to firered it says the file your trying to patch doesnt match, patching cancelled. In order to play do I have to Lunar IPS patch the rom to FireRed and then ups patch the game? Please help.

I'm pretty sure if you read the thread it says the reverse, patch the ups first and then the ips (btw for vba you don't need the ips)
    I assume you are using NUPS. Tick ignore if you have any errors.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2023
    I was able to patch but it appears a white screen in VBA, do I need a new version of VBA and FIre Red or did the patching go wrong

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    It's not an ability like sturdy/static etc etc etc, it's a nerf to fighting types.
    It's only coming in action if the pokémon has no held item and is weak to the fighting type move

Can I ask what the reason for this nerf is? I didn't think that fighting type was considered an overpowered type or anything, it kind of makes fighting types terrible, and considering the starter is a fighting type it makes no sense to me. Are there other such nerfs or buffs in this game?

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I was able to patch but it appears a white screen in VBA, do I need a new version of VBA and FIre Red or did the patching go wrong

So first only use the .ups for vba
    Then on vba go to options
    Emulator
    Save type
    And change it to 128k and restart vba

Vytron

Just an ordinary Romhacker
    Years
  • Can I ask what the reason for this nerf is? I didn't think that fighting type was considered an overpowered type or anything, it kind of makes fighting types terrible, and considering the starter is a fighting type it makes no sense to me. Are there other such nerfs or buffs in this game?

It only applies to pokemon not holding an item so 99% of the time wild pokemon

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2023
    It does not let me save the game internally so I have to save the game via VBA, does that mean I don't have the right copy of FireRed Squirrles. Because in most ROMs you need to save the game in order to reach the post game, otherwise it would restart right? Also for Pokemon like Gligar and Sneasel who need the razor claw or razor wing, how do we evolve them?

Last edited:

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I found a random shiny Poochyena in the sewer toward the start of the game. Is there an increased shiny rate or did I just get really lucky?

Back