• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SoulSilver hack: Pokémon Soul Silver English Translation Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

erichan7

Somewhat a manga artist
Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2009
    What a awesome work in such little time, concrats!
    But..
    Are you gonna give attention to Details like npc's on the pkm center, or the sign with the name of the city, or what your pokemons says and the cellphone in the future??
    Sorry!!
    Is cause i LOVE this kind of small stuff! XDD
    Again, Awesome work! Thanks!

Last edited:

reNJKrane

CherryGrove Trainer
    Years
  • The Pokemon Soul Silver English Translation Patch V2 is out!

Get it here...

or here...

How do I patch it?

1. Open up the provided Xdelta GUI.exe which is supplied for you. To open this, you need Xdelta.exe, which is provided also.

2. Go to the patch tab.

3. Go to "Select Patch" and select the patch file which is provided.

4. Go to "Select Rom" and select your clean, unedited rom dump. The dump that would probably be best to use is the Xenophobia dump of Soul Silver.

5. Go to "Apply Patch".

Now it's going to take a while to apply the patch, so don't expect it to finish applying the patch instantly.

After it's applied, a patched version of your rom should show up in the same folder as the Clean one. This patched rom should be "121 MB" which yes, is smaller than the original rom.

Notes

This patch will currently only work on Soul Silver and not Heart Gold.

Where does it end?

Well the furthest you can go playing it in English is the Rival Battle in Azalea Town. The Gym as well as the Rocket dialogue is translated as well.

Can you upload this in filefront ...thnx
    the mediafire link doesn't work..

Years
  • Great translation Magnius. Very good job.

Can you make the same for Heart Gold? cause my sister play at Soul Silver and me at Heart Gold for complete each Pokedex with exchange.

EcoReck

Just that guy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    How much is translated outside of dialogue as far as items and pokemon/moves?

adde2k7

Trainer
    Years
  • How do I patch it?

1. Open up the provided Xdelta GUI.exe which is supplied for you. To open this, you need Xdelta.exe, which is provided also.

2. Go to the patch tab.

4. Go to "Select Rom" and select your clean, unedited rom dump. The dump that would probably be best to use is the Xenophobia dump of Soul Silver.

5. Go to "Apply Patch".

Now it's going to take a while to apply the patch, so don't expect it to finish applying the patch instantly.

After it's applied, a patched version of your rom should show up in the same folder as the Clean one. This patched rom should be "121 MB" which yes, is smaller than the original rom.

could someone please help me out ive done all of the above but it just dosent work the roms still in jap.

KIRA-DIABLO

Beginner
    Years
  • The Pokemon Soul Silver English Translation Patch V2 is out!

Get it here...

or here...

How do I patch it?

2. Go to the patch tab.

5. Go to "Apply Patch".

Notes

This patch will currently only work on Soul Silver and not Heart Gold.

Where does it end?

Well the furthest you can go playing it in English is the Rival Battle in Azalea Town. The Gym as well as the Rocket dialogue is translated as well.

Same problem like reNJKrane ..
    Why xDelta patcher is not working with Windows XP but working fine in Vista...pls help

erichan7

Somewhat a manga artist
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2009
    Ditto above
    It wasnt working on my pc, then i downloaded the newest .NET framework and everything is awright xD

erichan7

Somewhat a manga artist
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2009
    Hey Magnius!

U Said that whe can play translated to azalea?
    But there is a home in Newbark not translated, the cellphone and Prof.Oak stills talks in japanease, lol
    also there are some npc missing and the all the signs

Exept for that, the translation is awsome!!
    but, are you going to translate only the necessary stuff? =/
    Thanks a lot for the hard work!! Just asking!

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2009
    Crap, I can't seem to get the patching to work. I downloaded the Xenophobia ROM of Soulsilver, downloaded the patch from both sources (in case one wasn't working by chance), I redownloaded and reapplied the .NET Framework 3.5, and tried the patcher several times for extended periods, but still have no luck. Did I overlook something perhaps?

reNJKrane

CherryGrove Trainer
    Years
  • Crap, I can't seem to get the patching to work. I downloaded the Xenophobia ROM of Soulsilver, downloaded the patch from both sources (in case one wasn't working by chance), I redownloaded and reapplied the .NET Framework 3.5, and tried the patcher several times for extended periods, but still have no luck. Did I overlook something perhaps?

Use DS Rom Patcher, the link was posted here by KIRA-DIABLO.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back