• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SoulSilver hack: Pokémon Soul Silver English Translation Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaddion

Yes.
Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2011
    Translating the game is not just changing the text. They also have to translate things like the images and logos and they make sure there are absolutely zero mistakes in it. Then they have to do other things beyond translation, like increasing the character limit, which requires DECOMPILING the game, which no one here on the internet has successfully done so far. After that, they have to produce a bunch of DS cards with new stickers, covers, and boxes and package those after they finish the game itself, which must be shipped throughout the US. And Nintendo of America has to do other things for other games, too. So a lot of work has to be put into a PROFESSIONAL translation.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I am using a Mac and cannot do the patch. Does anyone have a prepatched version?

Get a Windows xp instead (unless you're using a computer with a LogicBoard, then it's impossible, try going on the creator's homepage or email him)

Anyway, we don't give ROMs.

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    Updated the first post. You can now play patch 3 up to Goldenrod.

UltraXTheMagmaDrapion

I regret most of my past behavior here lol.
    Years
  • Downloads

Patch V3 is out!

You can download it from any of these sites...

https://www.sendspace.com/file/jdj8vc

https://rapidshare.com/files/290115230/soul...rengv3.rar.html

https://www.filefront.com/14678829/soulsilverengv3.rar

In this patch, most of the story up to where you beat Whitney in Goldenrod is translated. The trainers in the Goldenrod Underground are translated as well.

Also most of the signs up to Goldenrod have been translated as well.

How do I patch it?

1. Open up the provided Xdelta GUI.exe which is supplied for you. To open this, you need Xdelta.exe, which is provided also.

2. Go to the patch tab.

3. Go to "Select Patch" and select the patch file which is provided.

4. Go to "Select Rom" and select your clean, unedited rom dump. The dump that would probably be best to use is the Xenophobia dump of Soul Silver.

5. Go to "Apply Patch".

Now it's going to take a while to apply the patch, so don't expect it to finish applying the patch instantly.

After it's applied, a patched version of your rom should show up in the same folder as the Clean one. This patched rom should be "121 MB" which yes, is smaller than the original rom.

Notes

This patch will currently only work on Soul Silver and not Heart Gold.
    Xdelta GUI.exe won't run? I have met all the requirements! Why can't I do this?

KIRA-DIABLO

Beginner
    Years
  • Well, I know there's already an HGSS translation going on out there, but I decided to make my own. I've only been working on this for a couple days, but I've got most of the dialogue from both New Bark Town and Cherrygrove City already translated. Adding on to that, that's what will make this HGSS translation different from all the other ones out there, the dialogue, including the new text, will be translated. Most recently though, I've been focusing on translating the menus and stuff, which has been going well. For the dialogue, IF the dialogue was the same in HGSS as it was in the original GSC, I will translate it the same way it was translated in GSC with a few updates(For instance, PROF. is now Professor and important items are no longer all caps). The new dialogue will be translated as well. Here are a couple screenies showing off what's been done...

New screens:

Pokémon Soul Silver English Translation Project

Progress Videos:

The dialogue in Elm's Lab:
    https://www .youtube.com/watch?v=gK4ai0KqtJQ

Some dialogue from Route 29 NPC's and Cherrygrove:
    https://www .youtube .com/watch?v=jVposKhONGI

New Graphics Editing Pics, all credit goes to Rykin and Ryqib12 for letting me use them.

Downloads

Patch V3 is out!

You can download it from any of these sites...

https://www. sendspace.com/file/jdj8vc

https://rapidshare. com/files/290115230/soul...rengv3.rar. html

https://www.filefront.com/14678829/soulsilverengv3.rar

In this patch, most of the story up to where you beat Whitney in Goldenrod is translated. The trainers in the Goldenrod Underground are translated as well.

Also most of the signs up to Goldenrod have been translated as well.

How do I patch it?

1. Open up the provided Xdelta GUI.exe which is supplied for you. To open this, you need Xdelta.exe, which is provided also.

2. Go to the patch tab.

3. Go to "Select Patch" and select the patch file which is provided.

4. Go to "Select Rom" and select your clean, unedited rom dump. The dump that would probably be best to use is the Xenophobia dump of Soul Silver.

5. Go to "Apply Patch".

Now it's going to take a while to apply the patch, so don't expect it to finish applying the patch instantly.

After it's applied, a patched version of your rom should show up in the same folder as the Clean one. This patched rom should be "121 MB" which yes, is smaller than the original rom.

Notes

This patch will currently only work on Soul Silver and not Heart Gold.

it looks like US version, the attack type is well translated.. hope translation for heartgold too..keep it up dude

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2009
    So, How do I fix random crashes? (Sorry if It's been answered already)

I have 2 action replay codes I've found searching on google but everytime I go from elms lab and do my first fight the second a Pokemon dies the game freezes up.

If anyone knows please let me know! :D

Thanks in advanced.

KIRA-DIABLO

Beginner
    Years
  • So, How do I fix random crashes? (Sorry if It's been answered already)

I have 2 action replay codes I've found searching on google but everytime I go from elms lab and do my first fight the second a Pokemon dies the game freezes up.

Thanks in advanced.

did u try to use kazowar's n0$gba w/anti-rom crashing?
    or u must try patching w/another rom.. i think

OblivionMew

Spriter in the Making!
    Years
  • More dialogue is translated in this one, but the other has almost all the menus and stuff like that translated. I think the two should come together to 100% completely translate the game :P

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    So, How do I fix random crashes? (Sorry if It's been answered already)

Thanks in advanced.

Is the Sound on the emulator on? It may need to be on in order to work, as some ROMs seem to need the pokemon's cry to be emitted to make the games Wild battle code work properly (like in Platinum).

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2009
    Is the Sound on the emulator on? It may need to be on in order to work, as some ROMs seem to need the pokemon's cry to be emitted to make the games Wild battle code work properly (like in Platinum).

Yeah, That worked I hate the sound on mute to watch shows. Noticed when I turned it on it worked.

Thanks~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back