• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SoulSilver hack: Pokémon Soul Silver English Translation Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerri Shin

  
Years
  • Yeah, V4 for Soul SIlver only is out over on GBAtemp.

Currently V4 goes up to Morty, however the Geisha House, Pokéthlon, National Park, and Tin Tower are not translated. Many itms that were not translated before are now.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2023
    Hmm, I wonder why only the one on GBAtemp has been getting updates. I can't wait till the newest version gets updated to include a HeartGold copy.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    patch v4 is out guyz its on gbatemp.com just go to google and search up magnius tranlation and it will show up

patch v4 is out guyz its on gba temp .com just google magnius translation and gaba temp will come up and it has the v4 download link

Last edited by a moderator:

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • Man this is taking forever, by the time this is finished, Nintendo will have already finished the official translation, I bet nintendo Is already up to the Pokemon League, possibly even further.....

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • Wow, this looks great. :3

I like the effort you're pttuing into thing. I bet Japanese is a hard language to translate. XD

Goold luck. :3

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    hate to be a jerk, but..

DARKLY'S UNOFFICIAL UPDATE! (it seems he already released patch 4 on gbatemp.)

Well, I know there's already an HGSS translation going on out there, but I decided to make my own. I've been working on this patch for a few weeks now and it's made great progress! You can already play up to Goldenrod and beat Whitney in the most recent patch!

Newest screens(These are new screens, so this stuff won't be translated in the current beta):

Pokémon Soul Silver English Translation Project

Progress Videos:

The dialogue in Elm's Lab:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK4ai0KqtJQ

Some dialogue from Route 29 NPC's and Cherrygrove:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVposKhONGI

New Graphics Editing Pics, all credit goes to Rykin and Ryqib12 for letting me use them.

Downloads

Beta 4 is out!

Get it from these links!

https://www.sendspace.com/file/xajmj8

https://download788.mediafire.com/t2hwbz9tg...oulsilverv4.rar

https://www.filefront.com/14826803/soulsilverV4.rar

In this patch, most of the story up to where you beat Morty is translated. The National Park and Kimono Girls events are not translated yet.

Also most of the signs up to Goldenrod have been translated as well.

How do I patch it?

1. Open up the provided Xdelta GUI.exe which is supplied for you. To open this, you need Xdelta.exe, which is provided also.

2. Go to the patch tab.

3. Go to "Select Patch" and select the patch file which is provided.

4. Go to "Select Rom" and select your clean, unedited rom dump. The dump that would probably be best to use is the Xenophobia dump of Soul Silver.

5. Go to "Apply Patch".

Now it's going to take a while to apply the patch, so don't expect it to finish applying the patch instantly.

After it's applied, a patched version of your rom should show up in the same folder as the Clean one. This patched rom should be "121 MB" which yes, is smaller than the original rom.

For HG Find the Xenophobia Dump!

OblivionMew

Spriter in the Making!
    Years
  • By WataruKun on gbatemp
    Well, it's been great guys, but yeah I think I'm pulling Beta 5. Too much drama over a damned patch. You people can wait for the official HGSS release, no skin off my backs. So yeah, be content with Beta 4, because there will be no beta 5. With this I can spend more time on translating games that won't be released here. I'm sorry, but keeping up with these constant trolls is a god damned headache.

So yeah, it's over. I just don't feel like working on this anymore. So I will not be making a Beta 5 patch and will probably close the topic.

Sorry guys, but it's officially dead.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • This cant be dead, I don't want to wait til the official release, they havent even given a date for the NA Release! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2009
    Thanx Magnius your the best atlast i can play it i've been trying to find the one that works and finally i found it

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2023
    @Godlytion- That is a completely different translation. There are several people working on translations and that is not the same thing as this one. WataruKun/Magnius has given up on this translation and will not release any more versions.

EcoReck

Just that guy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    This cant be dead, I don't want to wait til the official release, they havent even given a date for the NA Release! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't Spring 2010 enough for you? It'll be between April and June, and most of the games were released in late April, early May.

I think WataruKun was right for dumping the project. Definitely too much drama over this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back