• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Special (Adventures) Scans and Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
Years
  • I can only buy up to volume 7 easily, and that's off Amazon.com. Kinda overpriced by the sellers sometimes.....I own Volume 2, The Best of Red and Yellow, and I'm waiting to buy Volume 3. I wish I could buy the GSC, FRLG, and the end of Emerald, though...

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2008
    That may be the reason why they changed the name from Red and Blue into Ash and Gary in Germany -__-"
    But seems like it didn't work. They had to stop after three volumes.Because it didn't sell well here either.
    So when I first read pokespe I wondered why Red didn't look like Ash and didn't have Pikachu as starter Pokemon.
    I wish they were going publish them again (but with the right names>.<)
    I want to be able to buy pokespe! T-T

Exactly.

When Pokemon hit global, it was the show that became popular first. Kids all loved Ash/Misty/Brock, etc. and anything else was boring.

To be fair, the anime's story wasn't bad back then. It was popular for a reason.

But nowadays, when the anime's gone pretty downhill and the manga's story's taken such a nice turn...

Time Machine plox :P

Years
  • I have one used Volume 1, ripped, stained, and kinda overpriced. I still bought it. I really wish Chuang Yi could sell the manga in America too. T.T I mean, they translate it in english don't they?
    Now that Pokespecial has a bigger fanbase, it'll probably sell better than before, too.
    The Chuang Yi volumes would look nice beside my neglected Vol. 1 on my bookshelf. xD
    I know the manga is on eBay, but my family doesn't trust online buying. Some identity theft-type thing happened once.

july6

Team Aqua super fan *w*
    Years
  • I want it!!! I don't know what the others whant... but I hope that they want!
    Spoiler:

Harmony283

...Eh?
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2009
    I kinda figured something must've been wrong with the PM thing (considering I sent mine when I first got on here ^^; ) but...which email should I use if I wanna email you about Vol 28 scans? -doesn't remember which one you said to use- (that and my email might 'bump' it/not send if it's a specific one...for some reason o.o)

I hope they get the PM thing fixed though >_>

EDIT: Nevermind about the email thing. Figured it out...sort of.

Donna

~
    Years
  • Oh my, first Ryan. I'd like to thank you very, very much for doing this for us. (I hope you're not getting your nerves stained by people like; WE WANT NEXT VOLUME! eh?)

Did you learn to translate in class, cursus or did you just have a lot of time? =D

Of course I'd like to see volume 29 getting translated also. Wish I could help tough. Feel just.. worhtless by just sitting and doing nothing. Wish I knew at least Japanese.

I'll send a PM as soon as the thing is fixed, ok? Or e-mail if you preffer.

Sea Guardian

A Kitsune who watches the Sea
    Years
  • I can only buy up to volume 7 easily, and that's off Amazon.com. Kinda overpriced by the sellers sometimes.....I own Volume 2, The Best of Red and Yellow, and I'm waiting to buy Volume 3. I wish I could buy the GSC, FRLG, and the end of Emerald, though...
    Lucky -_-
    I don't have a single volume, I don't think they ever sold it in my area D'=(If they did I'd buy every single volume and then they'd be MINE! ALL MINE! >=))
    I wonder how many hours I spent watching the lame anime when I was 3 when I could have been doing something much better? ='(

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
  • Lucky -_-
    I don't have a single volume, I don't think they ever sold it in my area D'=(If they did I'd buy every single volume and then they'd be MINE! ALL MINE! >=))
    I wonder how many hours I spent watching the lame anime when I was 3 when I could have been doing something much better? ='(

Sea Guardian, can you read my thoughts? Or maybe we're long-lost siblings......
    Aside from the not owning a volume, your comment applies to me 100%. I think that I probably spent about a total of 4 or 5 years out of my 13 year old life watching the anime and thinking that it was "cool". Thank God I like REAL animes now.....
    The pokemon MANGA, on the other hand, is a prime example of quality manga.

Wallace Berlitz, it would be BEYOND great if you could scan and translate Volume 29 when you get it. Don't worry, I'm not over-demanding. But it would be great if you could....
    BTW, how did your exams go? I myself don't need to worry about that, because in Catholic schools, there are placement tests. They want our money, mostly....did I just say that out loud?

Harmony283

...Eh?
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2009
    Ah, I can understand how hard it can be to find each volume (especially vol.10-15, in my case) but apparently Vol.1-7 were on Megadownload.com (or was it .net?) for the longest time o.o

But I also wish they sold the volumes where I live. Though unfortunately they're more likely to make fun of pokemon here, than to sell stuff -sighs- (well, except the games. They're the only exception for some bizaar reason...)

Wallace Berlitz

I'm back for lucks and givin'
    Years

Sea Guardian, can you read my thoughts? Or maybe we're long-lost siblings......
    Aside from the not owning a volume, your comment applies to me 100%. I think that I probably spent about a total of 4 or 5 years out of my 13 year old life watching the anime and thinking that it was "cool". Thank God I like REAL animes now.....
    The pokemon MANGA, on the other hand, is a prime example of quality manga.

Wallace Berlitz, it would be BEYOND great if you could scan and translate Volume 29 when you get it. Don't worry, I'm not over-demanding. But it would be great if you could....
    BTW, how did your exams go? I myself don't need to worry about that, because in Catholic schools, there are placement tests. They want our money, mostly....did I just say that out loud?

Haha.. My exam result is not reveal yet. So I have to wait. It must be bad result

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
  • Well it wasn't selling well in America at first, since kids were looking for storylines with Ash and the like.

So they stopped selling them. It's a shame you folk didn't buy them when they first came out :P Maybe the scanlator's services wouldn't be necessary.

I bought volumes 1 and 2 when they were being sold out in America. Hm, it's really a shame they stopped selling them. They should sell the Chuang Yi ones out here....

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2008
    I bought volumes 1 and 2 when they were being sold out in America. Hm, it's really a shame they stopped selling them. They should sell the Chuang Yi ones out here....

Too bad there weren't a few hundred thousand more of you :(

I'm not saying it didn't sell, it just didn't sell enough to justify its continuation in America. Places like Japan (and Singapore) still brought in significant profits, so they continue to be distributed there.

Sea Guardian

A Kitsune who watches the Sea
    Years
  • I'm not saying it didn't sell, it just didn't sell enough to justify its continuation in America. Places like Japan (and Singapore) still brought in significant profits, so they continue to be distributed there.
    If they started selling them in America again I'd bet TONS of people on Pokecommunity would buy them. If only they'd try:(
    @WallaceBerliz: You rock! I hope your exams were okay. If I ever got below a B on mine my dad would kill me >.<

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back