• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Special (Adventures) Scans and Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2010
    Oh, sorry for my mistake. My comic viewer program mislocated the pages due to the file name different. I'm very sorry Durial666.

Anyway, I would like to greatly thank you again for scanning vol 27 for the entire fans of the manga who are unable to get their hand on them.

ToshiroSato

Crazy Brit
    Years
    Quote from Chuang Yi about Volume 28

We're actually scheduling it for a November release, but we might try for a slightly earlier release if we can help it. Japanese volume wise it's already on the shelves, that much is true.
    Bit of a while to wait

Last edited:

Wallace Berlitz

I'm back for lucks and givin'
    Years
    Well, not quite. Ryan's scans are LQ. HQ scans are always better readable. Well... But I doubt anyone here will do a HQ scan of Vol.28 when it's released in English, so Ryan's scans are probably the only possible scans of Vol.28.

Well I made my scans into small sizes so you can see them in small size. Actually they are quite high quality if the image is large. The recent scans are scanned by a scanner not by a cell phone (Sony Ericson K750i). And I guess I have to give up the scans since they are not high quality. Sorry for the quality, I quit.

Years
    NOOO!!!

Well I made my scans into small sizes so you can see them in small size. Actually they are quite high quality if the image is large. The recent scans are scanned by a scanner not by a cell phone (Sony Ericson K750i). And I guess I have to give up the scans since they are not high quality. Sorry for the quality, I quit.

DON'T QUIT!!! I don't care about LQ's or Translation quality some of us here just wants to know what happens to the 'Dex Holders and to also appreciate the art...THE ART!!

Wallace Berlitz

Years
    DON'T QUIT!!! I don't care about LQ's or Translation quality some of us here just wants to know what happens to the 'Dex Holders and to also appreciate the art...THE ART!!

I am no longer you all's tool. I'm not a tool of scanning things. There's many people gonna scan it. My quit doesn't affect you all at all. And you all don't even know how to "thanks" properly. So what I've done is nothing. Durial will scan it in November, I guess you all have to wait him.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2008
    I am no longer you all's tool. I'm not a tool of scanning things. There's many people gonna scan it. My quit doesn't affect you all at all. And you all don't even know how to "thanks" properly. So what I've done is nothing. Durial will scan it in November, I guess you all have to wait him.
    U've never been a "tool",don't b redicullous!We all apreciate ur scans, don't b pissed for no reason,but don't quit, ur just being a friend,if I could,I would do the same as Durial and ladygalaxy hav done bfore.But if u want to b a quiter,at least we have our friend Durial.

Last edited:

Wallace Berlitz

Years
    DUH~ Many "Durial" in my eyes~ Enough of mentioning him... If I don't quit, I'm just a nobody. Since Durial is even MORE popular. And you all will choose his scans of Vol 28 and not mine instead. Honestly, you guys really are disappointed me. I don't need a friend, actually. So, you all just have to wait until November for Durial's scans. Don't let him disappoint.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2009
    DUH~ Many "Durial" in my eyes~ Enough of mentioning him... If I don't quit, I'm just a nobody. Since Durial is even MORE popular. And you all will choose his scans of Vol 28 and not mine instead. Honestly, you guys really are disappointed me. I don't need a friend, actually. So, you all just have to wait until November for Durial's scans. Don't let him disappoint.
    to all who are having this stupid argument... stop acting like children. its his personal choice , leave him alone. im quoting your message ryan because it very childish of you. stop acting like your 10.

and that comment about no one thanking you , im sure i said thanks many time and i cant wait to see your scans.

for many of us we dont care about quality(excluding Maxim) we want to be able to enjoy such a great manga and talk about it with people like you. you just scanning this is wan of the coolest things you could do. many of us here dont present th4e talent of translating and scanning. hell if i knew how to read chinese or japanese, i would be a scanlator but im not because i cant read chinese or japanese (yet). if you do quit after reading this i will accept your decision and leave you alone, but if you dont i will be thrilled that you our willing to provide many of us with the chance of reading this manga,

durial right now is having his 15 minuets of fame . if he does release 28 later he might have another 15 min. if you release 28 you will too have 15 min.

Now people in this thread and leave Ryan alone and let him decide what he going to do.

ToshiroSato

Crazy Brit
    Years
    to all who are having this stupid argument... stop acting like children. its his personal choice , leave him alone. im quoting your message ryan because it very childish of you. stop acting like your 10.

and that comment about no one thanking you , im sure i said thanks many time and i cant wait to see your scans.

for many of us we dont care about quality(excluding Maxim) we want to be able to enjoy such a great manga and talk about it with people like you. you just scanning this is wan of the coolest things you could do. many of us here dont present th4e talent of translating and scanning. hell if i knew how to read chinese or japanese, i would be a scanlator but im not because i cant read chinese or japanese (yet). if you do quit after reading this i will accept your decision and leave you alone, but if you dont i will be thrilled that you our willing to provide many of us with the chance of reading this manga,

durial right now is having his 15 minuets of fame . if he does release 28 later he might have another 15 min. if you release 28 you will too have 15 min.

Now people in this thread and leave Ryan alone and let him decide what he going to do.
    Finally, someone agrees with me! I agree everyone has already forgotten about me, just how it goes,

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2008
    Finally, someone agrees with me! I agree everyone has already forgotten about me, just how it goes,

I will never forget you T_T

Just because I don't take the time to post it on some forum doesn't mean I still don't have "Durial666" tatooed across my chest XD

ToshiroSato

Crazy Brit
    Years
    I will never forget you T_T

Just because I don't take the time to post it on some forum doesn't mean I still don't have "Durial666" tatooed across my chest XD
    I love you yellow, I always liked you. You haven't??? I have <3yellow<3 tattooed on the back of my neck, I thought we had something *tear*

Years
    Hmm...

I love you yellow, I always liked you. You haven't??? I have <3yellow<3 tattooed on the back of my neck, I thought we had something *tear*

Lulz...=P But yeah I keep on saying thank you to you guys the scanlators...Just because not everyone who reads the scans thanks you doesn't mean they don't appreciate it. Imagine if every scanlator/ manga scan project on the 'net stops...There would be CHAOS in the Fandom's, people would first flood forums with requests, arguments would start, people complaining to the lack of "Official" distribution to their respective countries/ they're expensive and what-not...And essentially casual readers who contribute to discussions will fade...

I'm just saying that if you do such things as scanlating don't feel as if the fans don't care/appreciates your hard work some just don't have the access to thank you personally.

So Thank You =D!!!

Last edited:

Wallace Berlitz

Years
    It's useless that I scan Volume 28 now. You will hate it when Durial scanned it. You know it'll take ages to translate a page and someone even complain it. You know how I feel!? I spent most of my time to translate it but someone even complain my translating! >_< Maybe I'm just a tool. I don't want to be a tool anymore. I don't want to have any complain. I'm not suppose to say this but I hate someone who destroyed my project. The one is Durial. He's gonna scan Volume 28 and it ruined my translating. I spent the WHOLE day to translate it. And I swear someone will hate me after this. I can save my time to do my sprite comic and don't have to translate the scans for you all now. You all are very very very disappointed me. My scan is no longer your need. Well, I was thinking what if after 28 I'll scan Volume 29 or if I can get the Wonderland 10. But now I won't do it... I won't scan Volume 29 right now. You all might just want the scan and won't "THANK" properly. I just reveal my feelings. I don't care you hate me or whatever. Even I did something good I probaly won't get something good. Someone might say this in their heart "I think Durial's scan is better than Ryan's. Let's don't bother him."

To NayrExoto

You just don't understand what's my feelings. I just telling my feelings. It might be childish. But I just being MYSELF and tell you my true feelings. Is that a problem? And you wont relise how long it gonna take me to scan and translate some pages. I do this for what? I do this for you all! But now someone even say I am Childish. You know what I hate is? What I hate is my works are all ruined! I don't want to repeat his name. He's gonna scan 28 in November. When he scanned it, everyone will read his scan instead and not mine. My works are all ruined... So I scan it is just a waste. I hope you understand my feelings. I can don't translate the manga if I want. It's all up to me. If I don't translate it, it'll save most of my time. I can don't share the newest Volume to you all. I can don't scan it. Because you all don't need it. And I am no longer a tool. If I continue it it'll just waste my time. If I stop the scan someone might hate me but I don't care. Well most of the points are the same above the "expressions". I don't want to repeat.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2009
    It's useless that I scan Volume 28 now. You will hate it when Durial scanned it. You know it'll take ages to translate a page and someone even complain it. You know how I feel!? I spent most of my time to translate it but someone even complain my translating! >_< Maybe I'm just a tool. I don't want to be a tool anymore. I don't want to have any complain. I'm not suppose to say this but I hate someone who destroyed my project. The one is Durial. He's gonna scan Volume 28 and it ruined my translating. I spent the WHOLE day to translate it. And I swear someone will hate me after this. I can save my time to do my sprite comic and don't have to translate the scans for you all now. You all are very very very disappointed me. My scan is no longer your need. Well, I was thinking what if after 28 I'll scan Volume 29 or if I can get the Wonderland 10. But now I won't do it... I won't scan Volume 29 right now. You all might just want the scan and won't "THANK" properly. I just reveal my feelings. I don't care you hate me or whatever. Even I did something good I probaly won't get something good.
    first off durial never said he was scanning 28, second im going to qoute him "i will see about scanning 28 iif no one else does it" he even said that he never said he would do it. and hey this is the world everyone complains about some thing. i complain that im extremely poor and i live with my parents with my grandparent in my grandparents home. Maxim complain about quality but he the only one you dont have to please everybody.

what im trying to say is every scanlator has problem, it comes with the package. there always going to be a fan who is going to *****.

and people who dont say thanks a called leeches every scanlation team has that problem.
    of course translating takes time thats why some groups out there realse maybe one chapter a month. why do you think it takes months after a game been release in japan to reach other countrys translation takes time. and they even have whole teams working on it.

damn i so grateful that i was able to read scans up to 27, just to buy up to 27 would cost me about 400 us dollars.

another thing go back to the top of the page and read durials post if you dont believe me.

Wallace Berlitz

Years
    Well... You never know. I was chatting with him on MSN. He said he's gonna scan it when it release. If you're poor enough then why you can online?? Or Computer?? It's good enough that you have someone to take care you. And I'm even ugly =.="

"i will see about scanning 28 If no one else does it"

Well it's TOO obvious that I am scanning Volume 28? Then why he post this?? For fun?? I don't think so. And I don't even have a team of translating. >_<

And I'm happy because I've express what I feel. I have to throw my Volume 28 away since it's useless now.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2008

I drew it in magic marker. It's almost as good as a tatoo :D

It's useless that I scan Volume 28 now. You will hate it when Durial scanned it. You know it'll take ages to translate a page and someone even complain it. You know how I feel!? I spent most of my time to translate it but someone even complain my translating! >_< Maybe I'm just a tool. I don't want to be a tool anymore. I don't want to have any complain. I'm not suppose to say this but I hate someone who destroyed my project. The one is Durial. He's gonna scan Volume 28 and it ruined my translating. I spent the WHOLE day to translate it. And I swear someone will hate me after this. I can save my time to do my sprite comic and don't have to translate the scans for you all now. You all are very very very disappointed me. My scan is no longer your need. Well, I was thinking what if after 28 I'll scan Volume 29 or if I can get the Wonderland 10. But now I won't do it... I won't scan Volume 29 right now. You all might just want the scan and won't "THANK" properly. I just reveal my feelings. I don't care you hate me or whatever. Even I did something good I probaly won't get something good. Someone might say this in their heart "I think Durial's scan is better than Ryan's. Let's don't bother him."

I'm going to be blunt with you. And honestly, I'm not general a "mean" person persay, but here's the deal.

You find Durial's scans better and are jealous. You know what? That's fine. The fact of the matter is, he scans Chuang Yi's official versions, so obviously his are going to have a more of an official ring to them when it indeed does come out.

Does that mean people appreciate you less? Hell no.

I don't know a single person here who'd rather wait 3 months for a so-called "better" manga, when it's essentially going to have maybe 2-3 words different per page, then just get the manga ASAP.

And what's more, it doesn't all have to be you. There are plenty, and I mean plenty, of Japanese-literate people on these boards and on other boards everywhere, who I'm certain wouldn't mind taking a moment and either helping you translate, or hell, doing the translating for you. So you don't like translating because it takes up time. Have you just considered scanning a raw and letting someone else pick up the rest? And hey, if you're translating issues are just English related, then just make a tentative script and send it to an English-literate person to reformat it for you before you edit it into the manga itself.

People would love you for it.

I know that the Naruto/Bleach/One-Piece raw scanners are hailed as heroes. Why? They release the scans weekly, almost right after the release of the manga in Japan. Then translators/cleaners here do the rest, and people proceed to read their work, appreciative of the jobs well done.

It NEVER has to be an individual effort. The fact that you're going out and doing it alone deserves respect, but it's a personal choice.

Of course, if you'd rather stop, then stop. That's your decision, and no one else can make that for you. There's absolutely no need to rant on these boards about how you hate doing it and are considering stopping. If you honestly hate it so much, stop. No one here is asking you to put yourself through self-induced torture for the sake of reading an enjoyable story.

You're pissed. That sucks. What you do is entirely your decision, but there's no reason to vent it on everyone else and expect sympathy.

Wallace Berlitz

Years
    Good enough. I'm really got into jealousy. I am a jealousy guy. But Durial has to create a thread by himself. And thanks for telling. I'm not as talent as he is. Guess I'm too emo this time. And did I say I hate translating?? I just want to do something good but nothing good for me. And you don't understand the comment? I just want to express it. I hope you understand that... And actually I don't understand a word from you. Are you complaining me? Scolding me?? I don't know... I cannot get what you want to say.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2008
    Good enough. I'm really got into jealousy. I am a jealousy guy. But Durial has to create a thread by himself. And thanks for telling. I'm not as talent as he is. Guess I'm too emo this time. And did I say I hate translating?? I just want to do something good but nothing good for me. And you don't understand the comment? I just want to express it. I hope you understand that... And actually I don't understand a word from you. Are you complaining me? Scolding me?? I don't know... I cannot get what you want to say.

Sorry. Maybe I wasn't clear.

And I honestly don't get you when you say you aren't "talented" as he is. From what I understand, he isn't translating anything. He simply waits for Chuang Yi to release his official translated version, and then scans that up.

Unless it takes talent to buy english manga. In which case, I must be sorely lacking.

It's fine that you want to express it. I understand completely. There are times when you've just got to vent, and writing is one of many ways to express it, and I respect that.

I'm not complaining, or scolding, or admonishing, or anything of that sort. I'm merely saying that there's no one here who doesn't respect what you do. Translating and Scanning a manga entirely on your own is a huge task... I can't list 5 people off the top of my head that go through the effort of doing all that on their own.

Don't feel underappreciated. But don't try to garner sympathy by painting yourself in some pitiful light.

The thing is, if you asked, someone somewhere could a) do the translating for you, or b) help you with your english. And if you don't want to go through the effort of asking for help, fine. That's your thing, your problem, and your issue.

Stop if you don't want to do it. Keep going if you're willing.

Everyone here understands that you're doing this for everyone else's benefit, and not your own. Everyone here already knows that. Do you honestly expect people to shower you with gifts for doing this? No scanlator or translator does. They all do it for the sake of simply wanting to mass distribute manga online to those who have loyal followed the story for as long as they can.

When I lived in Japan, I actually used to scan the early raws of Naruto and ship them over here. I was one of those otherwordly people who would toss in spoiler scripts, for the amusement of those who read them here in America.

Did I get anything? No.

Did I expect anything? No.

I did it simply for the masses of people. I never got thanks or anything of the sort, simply because no one knew who I was. I sent my scripts through 2ch, who in turn sent it to the numerous Naruto forums. I sent my raws through a proxy, and gave it to those who would translate them. People didn't even know I existed, but I kept at it because I knew people enjoyed the manga, and felt obliged to do so.

Scanning manga is a choice. If you don't want to do it, don't.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2009
    i completely agree with yellow here. sure durial might be official what does it matter you should do this for your own benifit, maybe it being cool and sharing manga, practicing theeir translating skills, or if they are from japan or china ..practicing english.

i started practicing some japanese translations to get better i still cant do much but each day i get a little better at it. i even got told that my translation was piss poor. weeks later when i learned more i learn OMG it was piss poor.

tanslation on it own a talent which many wish to have.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back