• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Special (Adventures) Scans and Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
Years
  • Remember, the people scanning the manga are doing it for a hobby, it's not their job.

Frankly, I'm grateful that manga even comes out; I remember two years ago when the only available information I had about the manga came from Serebii.

yeah. I'm surprised people take the time to do it. I'm glad, but surprised.

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
  • I read the chapter~
    Once again, thank you Ryan~ and Dante~ :D :D :D

ch334 is out=D
    manga fox
    MMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    where is ch335?????

........ -.-; You seem to be lacking an 8 letter work called patience .

Just wait and quit asking when the next chapter is coming out.
    The more you ask, the longer the wait will seem to you.

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
    Years
  • no. Not really.

do you mean weeks? Because it takes a while to scan, translate, edit, and finalize a page.

It takes at least 4 hours to scan ALL of the pages of a manga book, 1 to 2 hours to rotate the images for readability purposes and add to those hours the possible watermarking. 3 to 4 hours if you're feeling nice and want to adjust the Levels of the scans so they'll look solid. That is if you're working with RAW English scans already. ;x

For translations, they take weeks, depending who you're working with. If you're solo-flight and know Japanese like a native, you'll only need three to six months (not included here your school days/RL stuff) to translate a RAW Japanese Volume.

Basically translating takes years, depending on your loyalty/priorities for it. A chapter alone takes months, as far as I can see it. This is the reason why it's rare for people to translate the Pokemon manga and just wait for the English version to come out.

A little FYI for those who are complaining in this thread here.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2010
    It takes at least 4 hours to scan ALL of the pages of a manga book, 1 to 2 hours to rotate the images for readability purposes and add to those hours the possible watermarking. 3 to 4 hours if you're feeling nice and want to adjust the Levels of the scans so they'll look solid. That is if you're working with RAW English scans already. ;x

For translations, they take weeks, depending who you're working with. If you're solo-flight and know Japanese like a native, you'll only need three to six months (not included here your school days/RL stuff) to translate a RAW Japanese Volume.

Basically translating takes years, depending on your loyalty/priorities for it. A chapter alone takes months, as far as I can see it. This is the reason why it's rare for people to translate the Pokemon manga and just wait for the English version to come out.

I think the complaining is better directed at the fact that compared to other Manga series such as Bleach and Naruto - which have multiple teams scanlating chapters - pokemon has at most 2 people who have been dedicated scanlators.
    At least to me, it isn't about lamenting that chapters take forever, but that not enough people who have the ability to translate are interested in scanlating the series.
    Heck, if I could read Japanese at all and had access to the chapters/volumes, I would translate it myself!

But a great thanks to you, Ryan, and whoever else has put forth the time and effort to scan and translate a really awesome manga series! ^__^

Sea Guardian

A Kitsune who watches the Sea
    Years
  • It takes at least 4 hours to scan ALL of the pages of a manga book, 1 to 2 hours to rotate the images for readability purposes and add to those hours the possible watermarking. 3 to 4 hours if you're feeling nice and want to adjust the Levels of the scans so they'll look solid. That is if you're working with RAW English scans already. ;x

...Wow... Feeling a lot more respect for those who scan and translate manga now.

Red-The-First-I

Make a Wish...
    Years
  • Hey there, what did I miss?

I have all 27 Volumes in English...
    Are there some new scans? (Volume 28 in English, volume 29)
    Please give me an update.
    Thanks a lot

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Red-The-First-I, Vol. 28 is already out (the Chuang Yi version) and Vol. 29 is scanlated by Ryan (Wallace Berlitz).

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
    Years
  • I think the complaining is better directed at the fact that compared to other Manga series such as Bleach and Naruto - which have multiple teams scanlating chapters - pokemon has at most 2 people who have been dedicated scanlators.
    At least to me, it isn't about lamenting that chapters take forever, but that not enough people who have the ability to translate are interested in scanlating the series.
    Heck, if I could read Japanese at all and had access to the chapters/volumes, I would translate it myself!

But a great thanks to you, Ryan, and whoever else has put forth the time and effort to scan and translate a really awesome manga series! ^__^

Lolz, so true. Most people who are already in the scanlating industry think that Pokemon is "overrated" hence they don't even bother picking it up for translation. There are Pokemon fans who can understand Japanese like a native but don't bother with these things either. So yep, it's rare to even find a dedicated manga scanlator.

What makes me wonder is why it's so hard to find RAWs of Pokemon Manga... hmm, must be because they lack interest in scanning it? ;x

I would do it if I could understand Japanese like a native and have access to Japanese RAWs, but oh well. I'll just do my best with what we have here... still hasn't finished scanning Golden Boys Volume 2

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2010
    So there IS an ending to Golden Boys? ;)

I have an Italian friend who learned English by translating Dungeons & Dragons manuals. It'd be fun to learn Japanese by translating Pokespecial! (a little bit harder, of course, but not impossible)

kazukiPP

Manga Fan
    Years
  • Golden Boys finish its publication on Volume 3 but it isn´t exactly the final of that adaptation. I don´t know why its manga-ka stopped his work :(

I wanna see volume 2 too :D. Thanks Avegaille

Years
  • Lolz, so true. Most people who are already in the scanlating industry think that Pokemon is "overrated" hence they don't even bother picking it up for translation. There are Pokemon fans who can understand Japanese like a native but don't bother with these things either. So yep, it's rare to even find a dedicated manga scanlator.

What makes me wonder is why it's so hard to find RAWs of Pokemon Manga... hmm, must be because they lack interest in scanning it? ;x

I would do it if I could understand Japanese like a native and have access to Japanese RAWs, but oh well. I'll just do my best with what we have here... still hasn't finished scanning Golden Boys Volume 2

Lol, this just made me even MOAR thankful for Ryan and Dante's work.

Thanks for Chapter 334 Ryan and Dante! x100

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
  • Lolz, so true. Most people who are already in the scanlating industry think that Pokemon is "overrated" hence they don't even bother picking it up for translation. There are Pokemon fans who can understand Japanese like a native but don't bother with these things either. So yep, it's rare to even find a dedicated manga scanlator.

Yes, that is true.

I actually have Vol. 1,2,3, and 30 with me in Japanese. (In fact, I'm looking through 30 right now.)

If I knew japanese well enough to translate, I would translate it, but alas, I do not understand japanese. :c

Once again, thank you Ryan and Dante.

And thank you Avegaille for this info.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back