• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Stadium hack PJ64 Rdb file change

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2020
    I am stuck with the same issue for 8 hours.
    Someone on YouTube made two move edits.
    I need to make one.

I don't get it. The base rom runs on PJ64 1.6.
    Using Froggy25's Pokémon stadium editor,
    I first ONLY changed the computer's team and Rental Pokémon.
    The mod actually runs without issue. The CRC never chamges.

My YouTube video displays a few examples of changes. Channel is SinisterHoodedFigure.

It's when I TOUCH battle data, or even try a little pp edit with a hex editor,
    that the emulator acts stupid. Either loop error or game freezes at intro (or when I try to enter battle).
    It doesn't matter if I change the CRC or use the original CRC.

I'm worried the same **** will happen if I patch the hack without the move edit.

If everyone is suggesting to change the rdb file, I need to know:
    How do I change it? Notepad? Or PJ64 1.6? (specify how)

Is there anything else I need to keep in mind?
    I know it is possible to run it with a move edit because I seen it done.

I spent time looking at numerous forums, videos, I tried the stadium editor, hex editor, and even the command line rn64crc.exe, which I spent extra hours figuring out how it worked.

Believe me, I am tired of this, I spent 3 months editing and play testing everything else, and had fun with that, but 8 hours of trying to change 1 ****ing broken attack and getting the game to work and failing is disheartening.

If anyone can help me do this one simple edit, and get the game to run, message me please. I promise I'll credit you. It may be the first major Pokémon Stadium Romhack.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2022
    Looks like PJ64 is resetting the game settings after you use rn64crc.

I had the same issues when I started hacking Stadium 2. You should make sure everything in rom settings is the same as the original game.

Back