• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun and Moon Information on June 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Calling it now that the major part of the news will be dedicated to Ash greninja and zygarde forms.

The episode of the anime airing that day is about the truth of Ash greninja and sets it up that in the winding woods Ash will learn and reach full potential with greninja.

So I'm betting they will announce what Ash greninja is and how it ties into Sun and Moon.

They will probably focus on the zygarde forms then as both are anime focused atm.

I could also see an official reveal of the woodepecker we saw in the concept art.

You're the second person I've seen who thinks this. I guess it could be similar to Mega Charizard X, except far more spread out. The anime episode will air earlier that day in Japan, so perhaps they'll drop a hint at the end of the episode about a big Greninja related announcement at night (JT).

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    You're the second person I've seen who thinks this. I guess it could be similar to Mega Charizard X, except far more spread out. The anime episode will air earlier that day in Japan, so perhaps they'll drop a hint at the end of the episode about a big Greninja related announcement at night (JT).

I think it makes sense. They've been hyping greninja and slowly building to the Team Flare Arc, so I could see it pop up. It also works because they are still giving us monthly news(like XY), so starting out with something that's been in the face of the public and dangling there, would be a nice start/stall. This way they give away new info without giving away to much like XY. As I think they learned from that mistake and want to deliver a surprising and satisfying experience. It also is nice that the game has had 3 years of work put into it as suggested by the strange souvenir. So I think they learned from their mistakes and are polishing it in all ways.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    And from what I have seen, Corocoro didn't actually have anything in it, so I don't think they are trying to beat the Corocoro leaks. But if they are, they are starting to break up unofficial leaks this time around.

It was promised that there would be a "big scoop" in June for SM in CoroCoro. The same situation happened with May, the stuff we were shown in the trailers is what happened in CoroCoro. So it's likely that whatever we get on June 2nd will be what's intended to be inside CoroCoro as well.

For the Ash-Greninja thing, I think that may be a coincidence... I don't know, but I'll wait and see what happens.

Years
    It was promised that there would be a "big scoop" in June for SM in CoroCoro. The same situation happened with May, the stuff we were shown in the trailers is what happened in CoroCoro. So it's likely that whatever we get on June 2nd will be what's intended to be inside CoroCoro as well.

For the Ash-Greninja thing, I think that may be a coincidence... I don't know, but I'll wait and see what happens.

Actually Corocoro didn't have the May Trailer in it's June issue (May 15th one), it just said it'll have a Trailer out with info. Though, Serebii said they'll have an exclusive, but that might have been a bad translation as Pokejungle and he were arguing about a bad translation on the part of Serebii. "it confirmed that next month's issue will have an exclusive scoop on Pokémon Sun & Moon and claims itself to be the Pokémon Main Source for the news." If Serebii's translators were right in this area, then GF would be hurting their relationship with Corocoro, as surely they would've promised Corocoro the exclusive, that is if it turns out to be the same news.. It could be separate pieces of news. It would've be the first time.

I think that what they'll show in June 2 and/or Corocoro will be what they've would've shown if Nintendo's E3 this year had been a normal one.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I love that I'll be waking up to Pokemon hype taking over my Twitter timeline again.

blue

gucci
    Years
    It would make sense with them exploring more into social media platforms such as Youtube and the official website. I remember reading somewhere that CoroCoro will have much less new Pokemon coverage which would indicate that the news source will be coming from social media which is better imo.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Actually Corocoro didn't have the May Trailer in it's June issue (May 15th one), it just said it'll have a Trailer out with info. Though, Serebii said they'll have an exclusive, but that might have been a bad translation as Pokejungle and he were arguing about a bad translation on the part of Serebii. "it confirmed that next month's issue will have an exclusive scoop on Pokémon Sun & Moon and claims itself to be the Pokémon Main Source for the news." If Serebii's translators were right in this area, then GF would be hurting their relationship with Corocoro, as surely they would've promised Corocoro the exclusive, that is if it turns out to be the same news.. It could be separate pieces of news. It would've be the first time.

I think that what they'll show in June 2 and/or Corocoro will be what they've would've shown if Nintendo's E3 this year had been a normal one.

Well we did get that new dog-like Pokémon as an exclusive. SO technically we got new information.

Also cool June 2nd isn't that far away.

Years
    Well we did get that new dog-like Pokémon as an exclusive. SO technically we got new information.

Also cool June 2nd isn't that far away.
    Except that Serebii said next month's issue, while the video was connected to this month's issue. So we might be in for information two weeks from now, and then again a week or two after that one :D!

Years
    I have literally forgot there was going to be news coming next month, that's what happens when you've been inactive due to faulty internet. I unfortunately won't be able to see this news until a while after it's revealed due to my aforementioned internet issue but I'll still be hyped for S/M regardless.

Years
    I'm 100% been in the #TeamRowlet...

That pokemon was amazing. For the new infos. I hope that they finnaly slove mystery hidden on the Pokemon called Gigareki and Marshadow.

If those Pokémon are legendaries, especially the third member of Solgaleo and Lunaala's trio and their trio master then I don't see them being revealed before the games come out.

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
    Years
    If those Pokémon are legendaries, especially the third member of Solgaleo and Lunaala's trio and their trio master then I don't see them being revealed before the games come out.

I have strange feeling that MARSHADOW is related to MARS and GIGAREKI can be combined with Venus. Neighborhood Planets... Becouse Perfect Zygarde is set as deffender of The Earth,

Years
    I have strange feeling that MARSHADOW is related to MARS and GIGAREKI can be combined with Venus. Neighborhood Planets... Because Perfect Zygarde is set as deffender of The Earth,

I think that the Mar in Marshadow might be Mar as in 'sea', which like 'Sol' and 'Luna' are Spanish words. In Shintoism the main goddess who is the sun Goddess had two brothers, the Moon god (who doubled as her husband) Tsukuyomi, and Susano'o God of the Tempest and the sea.

It's interesting to note that Gen VI was the only one that didn't have a mascot that can be connected to Shintoism is some way. Lugia is based on the Sea Dragon God, and Spear pillar where you find the mascots in DPP is likely based on the spear used by Izanami and Izanagi in the creation story, not to mention that the Lake trio are based on the Regalia; the Mirror (Uxie), Sword (Azelf), Jewel (Mesprit). Also Giratina was banned similar to Susano'o being banned by his father to Yomi.

Worldrush

Worldrush
    Years
    I am really not sure what to expect. Maybe the evolution will be showed or some type of special bundle edition reveled. Either way I am excited.

Years
    you betcha. :o Hopefully June is going to be filled with a bunch of useful news we can talk about for a good while!

I know that with most Pokemon games June was often a month that a lot of information came. We could get some stuff revealed in this video, and then maybe CoroCoro might reveal more (assuming it's not the same stuff again).

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    This week can't go by fast enough lol. This is gonna sound weird, but I'm curious to see what the grass encounter areas look like now that our PC's overworld proportions are more realistic. From what we've seen so far they've only shown us the roads and trails of the routes and not any encounter areas.

Years
    This week can't go by fast enough lol. This is gonna sound weird, but I'm curious to see what the grass encounter areas look like now that our PC's overworld proportions are more realistic. From what we've seen so far they've only shown us the roads and trails of the routes and not any encounter areas.

I do hope that gets shown. I probably won't like how the very tall grass would look in this generation's format (I already hated it in 6th Gen because it completely concealed you) and now that it's more pointless I hope it never comes back.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Only a week to go now!

I'm hoping they make this a regular thing perhaps every month? It'll be something certain to look forward to every month and it means wouldn't go too long without any news.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back