• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun and Moon Starter evolutions, demo and Ash-Greninja

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I don't get why everyone is so mad about Ash-Greninja's inclusion. It's not like you have to use it or something. :/

With that said, they should've changed its name.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    I don't get why everyone is so mad about Ash-Greninja's inclusion. It's not like you have to use it or something. :/

With that said, they should've changed its name.

I hate it because it makes 0 sense. How can Greninja turn into Ash-Greninja when Ash is not even there? And why only Greninja gets this treatment? It's not fair... This is pure fanservice :c

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I hate it because it makes 0 sense. How can Greninja turn into Ash-Greninja when Ash is not even there? And why only Greninja gets this treatment? It's not fair... This is pure fanservice :c
    Pok?mon showing fanservice and breaking logic is not anything new.

And besides, why would you want other Pok?mon to have the form change if you don't like it?

Last edited:

LucarioFan3

Needs A New Username lol
    Years
    Loving both Brionne and Torracat (especially Brionne! <3). Dartrix... still looks ugly like Rowlet. Meh. At this point the Popplio line are definitely my favorite Alolan starter line.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I love the expressions Dartrix has, it's so funny in Pokemon Refresh. Brionne is pretty cute too.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    Pok?mon showing fanservice and breaking logic is not anything new.

And besides, why would you want other Pok?mon to have the form change if you don't like it?

I'm not against form changes. I'm against Greninja changing into something similiar to Ash, when Ash isn't even in the games (at least he's not supposed to be!). But, let's say, if Greninja got a form change (not similiar to Ash), I think the other 2 starters from gen 6 should also have one :/ But I agree with you, Pok?mon has a lot of fanservice so ....

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I'm not against form changes. I'm against Greninja changing into something similiar to Ash, when Ash isn't even in the games (at least he's not supposed to be!). But, let's say, if Greninja got a form change (not similiar to Ash), I think the other 2 starters from gen 6 should also have one :/ But I agree with you, Pok?mon has a lot of fanservice so ....
    I wouldn't say Ash isn't supposed to be in the games. I mean, let's be honest, we all knew that eventually Ash was gonna wiggle his way into the main games somehow.

But yeah, I at least would've preferred a different name. Maybe the demo will explain why it still has ties to Ash.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    I wouldn't say Ash isn't supposed to be in the games. I mean, let's be honest, we all knew that eventually Ash was gonna wiggle his way into the main games somehow.

But yeah, I at least would've preferred a different name. Maybe the demo will explain why it still has ties to Ash.

.... Maybe we will be in the same school than Ash? {XD}

Years
    Pokémon Sun and Moon Starter evolutions, demo and Ash-Greninja

This is something a lot of us seemed to have missed - you can now check a Pokemon's full info on the GTS, such as nature, gender, ability and a few other stuff. Global trading will now be even less of a hassle.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years

This is something a lot of us seemed to have missed - you can now check a Pokemon's full info on the GTS, such as nature, gender, ability and a few other stuff. Global trading will now be even less of a hassle.

BLESS YOU GAMEFREAK OH MY GOD THIS IS AMAZING.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2016
    I liked the look of dartrix best, so I'm starting out with a grass type this gen. The player plaza looks like a nice distraction.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    THANK GOD!! NO MORE PEOPLE ASKING LEGENDARIES FOR BIDOOFS!!!

How exactly is that going to fix that issue? There will still be people asking for legendaries for bidoofs. All this is doing is allowing you to check a Pok?mon's gender, nature, and ability, which none of the kids care for.

Reactions: Nah

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years

Wait, but does it allow you to see the ability and stuff? I have to watch the trailer again but in the picture it just says "Item/Pokemon Wanted/Gender/Level"

edit: hate to burst the bubbles but I don't see anything that indicates what Hikamaru said. Was it in a Spanish trailer or something?

Years
    Wait, but does it allow you to see the ability and stuff? I have to watch the trailer again but in the picture it just says "Item/Pokemon Wanted/Gender/Level"

We don't know that yet, since I can't read Japanese. I don't even know if there's an English version of this screenshot anywhere.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    We don't know that yet, since I can't read Japanese. I don't even know if there's an English version of this screenshot anywhere.

I can haha. Lemme translate for you 8) Starting from the lines below Pikachu:
    Mochimono (Held Item): Nashi (Without/none)
    Hoshii Pokemon (Wanted Pokemon): Nyasu (Meowth)
    Seibetsu: (Sex; I assume sex of wanted Pokemon because it says Pikachu's male)
    Level: 11-20

<Message from Selene>
    Koukan (I think it's trade since it means like exchange) o shitekudasai
    Yoroshiku onegaishimasu

Soo the message = "Please trade with me. Thank you very much" basically.. idk how to really translate the last line to English haha.

edit: aw man it censors a word well anyway

Years
    I can haha. Lemme translate for you 8) Starting from the lines below Pikachu:
    Mochimono (Held Item): Nashi (Without/none)
    Hoshii Pokemon (Wanted Pokemon): Nyasu (Meowth)
    Seibetsu: (Sex; I assume sex of wanted Pokemon because it says Pikachu's male)
    Level: 11-20

<Message from Selene>
    Koukan (I think it's trade since it means like exchange) o shitekudasai
    Yoroshiku onegaishimasu

Soo the message = "Please trade with me. Thank you very much" basically.. idk how to really translate the last line to English haha.

edit: aw man it censors a word well anyway

Thanks. Seems like it's the usual minor tidbits like on 6th Gen GTS, so kinda disappointed there.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2021
    Well now that I've seen all of the starters evolutionary lines I can finally say they are all my favorite tied with Rockruff line Solgaleo Lunala and Reshiram! So that means I have 14 #1 favorites (7 if you count the starters and Rockruffs evolutionary lines as 1 Pokémon). The leaks are pretty much confirmed now so I'm glad about that. I loved the starters first forms I loved their final evolutions and I love the evolutions that were just revealed. I don't get why wrestler cat and siren sea lion are so unpopular. I am really hyped for these games!

Last edited:

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    That's really dissapointing if the GTS still doesn't show the nature of the Pokemon. Sometimes I'm looking for a Pokemon that I do already have but I'm just looking for it's hidden ability or something, and I can never tell if it does (some people say they have theirs with HA and then when you get it it doesn't, or when you ask for a HA they'll just give you a random one they caught with no HA). Looks like I'm still not going to use the GTS.

Back