• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun & Moon Officially Announced [Summary of news here!]

blue

gucci
    Years
    I dunno I don't really want crowds to cheer you on...

I like the feeling of being alone in a battle, like it's just two people... in the heat of the moment, taking on each other. All bets are on. Yknow that feeling. I can have crowds but I don't need cheering.

Yeah, I see your point. I was thinking along the lines of how it was in Colosseum, though idk whether it would be that advanced just yet. I mean I doubt they're just going to be static in the background, but whether they would interact or not, idk.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I don't mind if crowds cheering me on as long as it makes sense. I don't see us having people watch us on routes. We might see something similar if we battle in towns and what not.

As for more news, I wouldn't be surprised if we got small details throughout the month. Hints to new pokemon, a bit more info on the region from shows like the last screenshot was on. We will probably get a good amount in June with E3 and Corocoro. Hopefully we get the regional bird or pokemon we saw with the wire frame in the announcement trailer. So June 10th or so through June 16, or whenever the pokemon showcase in in E3, should be full of some info. I am not expecting more than 5 or 6 revels though. Maybe confirming the legendary pokemon's names and hopefully addressing the size that we currently see of Alola.

Last edited:

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
    Years
    As long as the crowd actually interacts with the battle. If they're completely still or on a loop, it'll get old quick. Or if they only constantly cheer you on (which I'm sure will be the case). I'd like a bit of variety with their reactions.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Maybe at the start the crowds in plain battles can be non-existent, but as we get more badges we start seeing more people, indicating a rise in popularity.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    We're getting more Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon news on June 2! Hype hype hype!

2 weeks is a long wait. Glad I tried Pocket Card Jockey. I'm hooked and hoping that this game's enough for me to fill in the void of waiting for Sun/Moon. :P

Here's to hoping that whatever new info they'll reveal won't be too revealing. :3

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021

Where did you see that? (There's nothing on the official Pokemon twitter...)

If true that's actually a bit earlier than I was expecting for June news.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    It's possible they might officially reveal the wireframe bird, the regional rodent and/or that mystery Pokemon we saw in the CoroCoro trailer.

Alternatively we could get official names for the cover legendaries with their types.

Maybe both? I can't imagine it being anything that big though...

blue

gucci
    Years
    I wonder to what extent the news coverage will be if they're making an official announcement like they have. If it's about the Legendaries then I'm guessing we will find out the names and typing combinations.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years

Pokémon Sun & Moon Officially Announced [Summary of news here!]

Years
    I wonder to what extent the news coverage will be if they're making an official announcement like they have. If it's about the Legendaries then I'm guessing we will find out the names and typing combinations.

I could see details about the legendaries dropping, since we only know what they look like. If the starter name trademarks were right I'm guessing these legendaries will be called Solgaleo and Lunaala like they mentioned.

Hopefully they get good types, especially Lunaala since it's the one I like better of the two.

Years
    I could see details about the legendaries dropping, since we only know what they look like. If the starter name trademarks were right I'm guessing these legendaries will be called Solgaleo and Lunaala like they mentioned.

Hopefully they get good types, especially Lunaala since it's the one I like better of the two.

In addition I think that they will tell us about their signature moves like how they told us about the Starters' initial moves.

Years
    In addition I think that they will tell us about their signature moves like how they told us about the Starters' initial moves.

I could definitely see this being plausible. Speaking of the starters, the question is if they'll even have signature moves like the Kalos trio, and the Unova trio (sorta, since only one had a truly exclusive move).

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Looks like they're starting to hype it the same way again; Masuda posting a countdown app on his Liveblog for people to download, and all the languages of the official Pokemon Twitter accounts posting about the info.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Looks like they're starting to hype it the same way again; Masuda posting a countdown app on his Liveblog for people to download, and all the languages of the official Pokemon Twitter accounts posting about the info.

Is that a prediction or has Masuda actually posted another countdown?

blue

gucci
    Years
    He did this last time with the recent video that was released. I think it's just a way to raise awareness and inform everyone with there being so many different timezones to avoid confusion.

Last edited:
    Years
    That seems understandable. It's nice to see he's acknowledging all this by doing a simple process to lead up to when the news drops.

Years
    I could definitely see this being plausible. Speaking of the starters, the question is if they'll even have signature moves like the Kalos trio, and the Unova trio (sorta, since only one had a truly exclusive move).
    Or the Hoenn trio who were the first starters with Signature moves. FrLg gave the Kanto ones their own in the form of the elemental hyper beams. Unova's had them too as you said, but unlike the Hoenn and Kanto ones that were exclusive on debut, Unova's weren't. Only Sinnoh and Johto's starters are lacking in anything close to a signature move apart from the moves that were made for the Kanto starters.

Back