• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun & Moon Officially Announced [Summary of news here!]

Years
    Corocoro will probably leak tonight.

and it will most likely have the mascot legends.

Every issue of Corocoro that has come out the month after a game announcement, features the mascot legends. So it's likely we will get at least those and probably some minor details.

I agree, we'll likely be expecting the mascot legendaries, and maybe the starters as well since they're usually among the first Pokemon from a new generation to get revealed in CoroCoro after the game announcement.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I agree, we'll likely be expecting the mascot legendaries, and maybe the starters as well since they're usually among the first Pokemon from a new generation to get revealed in CoroCoro after the game announcement.

I hope so. I'll like to start thinking of which starter I should choose (based on their initial stage's design of course).

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Well by the 15th it won't be a leak, as that's the day it officially comes out. I don't recall it ever coming out on the day it's supposed to. It usually leaks between 7-2 days before the official release. I expect them to at least announce the games, perhaps even provide a cover for them (with the legends or their silhouettes of course).

While it would be upon it's official date, CoroCoro is not international so their magazines appearing on the internet is still leaking information, even if it's officially released since the only official source on the internet is Pokemon.com.

I hope so. I'll like to start thinking of which starter I should choose (based on their initial stage's design of course).

I always start with water regardless =D

Years

Same. I do hope the Water-type starter is appealing again, yet I have never picked Grass as my main in a playthrough. Chespin's design did come close to making me choose it had it not been for Froakie's evolutions. I also haven't picked Fire as a main outside of 4th Gen.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Well, I really hope they reveal something, because it's really hard speculating like that. We can't keep speculating when we have zero information about the new games..

Years
    Well, I really hope they reveal something, because it's really hard speculating like that. We can't keep speculating when we have zero information about the new games..

It's true, we can't continue speculating at this rate with literally nothing known. This section in general can also suffer badly activity-wise if we don't get new information at this rate.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    The games have to pace out their content for most of the year, so don't be surprised if nothing comes about from it. It just means you'll have more to look forward to in the following month. As for when I believe we will get information in the next 48 hours but whether that relates to Sun and Moon is another question.

Years
    The games have to pace out their content for most of the year, so don't be surprised if nothing comes about from it. It just means you'll have more to look forward to in the following month. As for when I believe we will get information in the next 48 hours but whether that relates to Sun and Moon is another question.

We'll probably see something this month, either by Corocoro, the official site, Pokenchi, or some other medium.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    If we can learn from history when XY and ORAS were first announced, CoroCoro would only reveal the titles the first time they cover the games, and that's it. We have to wait until April for fresh information.

Years
    If we can learn from history when XY and ORAS were first announced, CoroCoro would only reveal the titles the first time they cover the games, and that's it. We have to wait until April for fresh information.

We will likely see the covers for the games, as the June issue (the one that came out in May) showed off the covers for OrAs. Considering that we haven't seen the mascots of the games yet, we'll likely get to see them. XY and OrAs' announcements showed off the mascots, but SM's didn't.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    IMO, I think we shouldn't strictly go by past experiences in this case. For the past several months before February, we had been getting hyped into believing a 3rd version Z with Zygarde was coming, but then we get slammed with the semi-unexpected Gen 7 debut for this year instead. I'm expecting movie news most definitely, but I would be very surprised if we don't hear anything S/M related as well.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    @flight As far as we know unless it got changed, it was explicitly stated in the Direct that it's getting a worldwide release during the Holiday 2016.

On another note, here's a video that was just posted by the Japanese site:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C7JkGlMze_g

I thought it was worth posting; it showcases all of the openings of each game, then it showcases the Sun and Moon titles at the end, and then some Japanese text. It could be nothing, but with CoroCoro coming very soon, are they possibly gearing up to show something sometime this month?

Years
    @flight As far as we know unless it got changed, it was explicitly stated in the Direct that it's getting a worldwide release during the Holiday 2016.

On another note, here's a video that was just posted by the Japanese site:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C7JkGlMze_g

I thought it was worth posting; it showcases all of the openings of each game, then it showcases the Sun and Moon titles at the end, and then some Japanese text. It could be nothing, but with CoroCoro coming very soon, are they possibly gearing up to show something sometime this month?
    He's saying to "Please look forward to more of the Pokémon world", or something along those lines.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    From what Serebii's twitter said, looks as if there's no mention of Sun and Moon in Corocoro this month. :'(

Years
    r.i.p my sanity :(

Corocoro didn't even acknowledge that S/M were announced either, meaning we could be potentially waiting till may to here anything.

Aw man, well here's to another month of speculating about hawaii and the wireframe bird~

:(

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Darn... oh well. If we do hear anything this month, it'll probably be from the official site, but I'm not gonna hold my breath. Check Serebii's front page every morning, and go about my business.

I remember an earlier tweet from Masuda, and it was a picture of him and two other guys from Game Freak(I can't remember their names, only faces, please forgive me) appearing in a future episode of Pokenchi:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/705759107693703168

I have no idea when this is supposed to air though.

Back