• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun & Moon Officially Announced [Summary of news here!]

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Confirmed fake. Come on, guys, this is why you need to explore the internet outside of PC. And it's very obvious that someone photoshopped the existing official artwork to mash them together.

As for the starters you linked, I thought the leaked starters from 2chan (the one with the grass owl) would be real, because the trademarked name fits it. And this grass bird looks nothing like an owl.
    Tbh I kind of rolled my eyes that someone would post about such an obvious fake, I mean come on!

Yeah, it seemed more tropical.

Anyways we're still some time away from Corocoro...so more fakes await us which people will fall for...

Btw, I kind of think that a mini direct is possible. We did get one prior to last E3, but this one would be more spread out from the big event.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    We'll probably get starters in June. No one has the game yet, maybe leaks from gamers will occur in September-Obtober.

Years
  • I don't think I ever remember the starters were revealed at E3, but I know it was usually always revealed in CoroCoro. Wouldn't come to a conclusion yet on if it'll be at the same time or later than the mascot legendaries.

Years
  • Seeing so many fake leaks is intriguing but at the same time I'm dreading that it's all set up for disappointment when the real designs come out.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Seeing so many fake leaks is intriguing but at the same time I'm dreading that it's all set up for disappointment when the real designs come out.

And fans will have no one but to blame themselves for hyping on something they were never promised to them in the first place.

Years
  • It's not a matter of hyping things up that were never promised.

If whatever designs GF comes up with for the starters aren't as interesting and appealing as random fakemon on deviantart, that's a problem.

Years

If whatever designs GF comes up with for the starters aren't as interesting and appealing as random fakemon on deviantart, that's a problem.

I know how much that is a problem because I have seen some quite good Fakemon designs and it makes me sad that when the real starters are revealed and then everyone goes "I hate all of them so I'm unfortunately going to box mine when I get the game" but then even if the base forms are good, people still sometimes get disappointed in the evolutions, the biggest example being the entire Unova trio, and sometimes even Kalos to a lesser extent though it's mainly directed at Chespin.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years

Then it's a case of fan entitlement, where they think they know more about the games than its actual creators and think they can create better versions of products that don't belong to them (it's a mentality I'm getting from some fan-made Pokemon games I've seen). Even then, GF wouldn't want to use fakemon from dA and promote them to actual Pokemon in order to license hurdles or lawsuits from the artists, which is why they create new Pokemon in-house.

Years
  • If that is going to be the case, then that means we'll likely only get minimal information on Sun & Moon, and if we get a huge info dump in the next CoroCoro (May tends to be the month of choice for this) then maybe that's all we'll get. So yeah, we'll likely have to bet less on E3 and more on CoroCoro.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Posting this because it's semi-related to E3:

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...dos-nx-console-will-be-released-in-march-2017

Apparently, Nintendo's main focus at E3 is going to be Legend of Zelda(which I had heard is supposed to be for both the Wii U and the NX). I'm bringing it up because I wonder if they'll even show something related to S/M if the focus is going to be Zelda?

I was reading Joe's tweets, and apparently all that was said is that Zelda was going to be the only playable game available at E3, or something like that. So it won't be the only game shown.

Years
  • It does still put a question mark over what else may be showcased if Nintendo are going to do something so minimal again.

Years
  • A Nintendo Direct would definitely be a possibility, but at the same time they might reveal something Sun & Moon-related if they can.

Back