• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Syndrome

Mcguinness3

AnimeFreak and Pokélover.
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    Introduction:
    This story, most the maps (Including place names) are INCOMPLETE and im still open to suggestions. I haven't even fully decided on what startes to use, and weather i will make fakemon yet. Also, this is my first hack, im new to hacking, scripting, mapping etc. so don't excpect much, but i'll put this out there to see if anyone has any improvements / suggestions.

The Story(Alpha): Is set 15 years after the events of the orignal hero, Red. Around the kanto region, stange things have been happening. Usually passive pokemon going rabid, sudden and dramatic climate changes / natural disasters have been wreaking havoc upon region. The story starts when you and your brother(rival) from the town of Pallet were called in by Oak. He in puzzled by the current events and would like you to go explore and find out whats going on (While finding all the new pokemon which the disaster has brung to Kanto) and see if you can stop it.

As you progress through the game you will find out bits and pieces about you mysterious father who passed away when you were a baby, and his involement in the current events (So be sure to read text! I put in some subtle hints etc. in many places!).

Under Route 1, there have been strange tremmors and what sounds like a giant bashing against rock. These sounds have been heard ever since the landslide a few months ago. No infomation has been released to the public about the matter but there is constant police surveillance of the area and apparent sightings of, the thought to be disband, Team Rocket! However, they seem alot more subtle than before.

Features:
    -Unique Storyline
    -Will be a new legendary. Wont release anymore info on that :)
    -Will be custom, new designed kanto.
    -Old areas torn asunder by natural disasters and crazed Pokemon.
    -Perviously sealed of areas have been revealed
    -National Dex before you even get your first badge.

The team so far:
    Just myself.

Progress:
    Pallet town (Scripts / maps not even close to finished)
    Route 1 (Scrips need a little work)
    Viridian City - Not yet changed
    Route 22
    Charred Vally
    Route 2
    Landslide cave - Playabe, but scrips are faulty / nyi.
    Kangaskhan Event - Unfinished, can battle only.
    First Gym (only thing i need to change here in the palcement of the gym it's self.)
    Route 3 - Not even started yet.
    Viridian Forrest - Currently closed off, stange noises can be heard at night.

Screenshots
    Pokémon Syndrome
    Pokémon Syndrome
    Pokémon Syndrome
    Pokémon Syndrome

Pokémon Syndrome
    Pokémon Syndrome
    Pokémon Syndrome
    Pokémon Syndrome

Pokémon Syndrome
    Pokémon Syndrome
    Pokémon Syndrome
    Pokémon Syndrome
    Pokémon Syndrome
    The text from the police are placeholders at the moment.

Im still a total hacking noob, so your support (And critisisms) are more than welcome. I'll continue to update and work at my own pace, and hopefully can finish the "Super Script" i've been working on.

Bugs
    Let me know if you find any.
    Known - Man outside cave does not dissapear after screen blacks out. Just leave the screen and re enter until it's fixed.
    The Kangaskhan does not dissapear. Trying to script it so it only dissapears when captures (not defeated) but still working on it.

Kazumoe

... loves PC:)
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    For a Totally Hacking no0b is it very good;)
    There are few features, but they are good.:)
    I like your Hack!

Edit:\ Maybe you can inseret new Tiles??

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
    Ok, you rushed this, and that made it terrible, before making a hack you should mess about before going straight in and trying to make a hack when you have no idea how, there are tile errors everywhere, and it's just a minor edit of firered, also it's possible to enter the route below, which somehow then freezes the game.
    Pokémon Syndrome

Back