• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Tectonic

Zeu

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    Conquer Makya by digging deep into a world of strategy!

tectonic_advert_stitch_5.png

rChn6i2.png

Website

Trailer

Download v3.1.2

Content
    ➤ Dig into 60+ hours of Makya, a nonlinear region of mountains, caves, and tunnels
    ➤ Unveil the secrets of the disbanded Team Chasm, and the hero who defeated them 8 years ago
    ➤ Connect with our unique characters through 6 region-spanning questlines
    ➤ Capture Pokémon up to generation 8, and even Hisuian forms from Legends: Arceus
    ➤ Wield 10+ regional forms unique to Makya, and 30+ new evolutions to existing Pokémon
    ➤ Bask in our love for overlooked Pokémon, including hundreds of new signature moves and abilities

Features
    ➤ Explore a total reimagining of species balance — a bona fide teambuilding sandbox
    ➤ Sustain an extended roster of Pokémon without grinding, thanks to our experience gain overhaul
    ➤ Streamline your teambuilding with powerful tools — MasterDex, Move Mentoring, and Style Points
    ➤ Jump right in to a game that values your time through dozens of quality of life features and options
    ➤ Test your skills against a fully custom AI engine, where each Gym Leader has a distinct personality
    ➤ Build off our open-source code base for your own fangames or mods

Plot Description
    Spoiler:

Lead Developers
    Spoiler:

Discord server

Credits List

Engine: Essentials v19.1, with v20's rendering improvements

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I hope my old laptop can handle this but even if it can't i still give a try for few hours to taste it

rwbonesy

Dogulus Rift
    Years
  • I tried the alpha. Immediately turned off that random encounters did not grant exp at all and the only mention of this is an aside in the game's website. Also disappointed I wasted time doing the intro to find out there are strict level caps also as a small aside in the same part I learned about the lack of wild exp.

Last edited:

Zeu

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    I tried the alpha. Immediately turned off that random encounters did not grant exp at all and the only mention of this is an aside in the game's website. Also disappointed I wasted time doing the intro to find out there are strict level caps also as a small aside in the same part I learned about the lack of wild exp.
    I think your definition of "strict level caps" and ours must be different. The game has a level cap system that is unique to it, I've never seen anything similar in another fangame.

There's an item that you get on the first route that turns "wasted" exp (EXP a pokemon would have gained but for being at the level cap) into Exp Candies that you can distribute between your pokemon as you see fit.
    Our players regularly raise 10-20 Pokemon at the same time because of this and our other EXP changes.

Last edited:

Zeu

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    Just saw the trailer! This looks wonderful! Just thought I'd ask, will the beta release have the main campaign done? Thank you!

Yes, yesterday's Beta release was a full campaign release. Playing through the game you will notice a few spots where side content is obviously missing, so there's still content we're planning on releasing over the next 6 months or so.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2023
    Just finished the main game and gotta say it was great even though harder than expected :3 thanks for making this.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2023
    does anyone else have the problem like this no bacround in buildings please check the maps

Attachments

• 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      5.2 KB · Views: 19

Zeu

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    Just finished the main game and gotta say it was great even though harder than expected :3 thanks for making this.
    I'm glad you enjoyed it! If you can, [lease consider filling out the playtest survey thats linked in the game so we can learn from your experience with the game.

does anyone else have the problem like this no bacround in buildings please check the maps
    Very strange, first time we've seen this sort of issue. What system are you playing the game on? The game window says Project Chasm, is it possible you're playing a very old version?

Zeu

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    An update on what we're working on right now!

We've created a Team Showcase screen. This screen is accessed from your party screen by pressing the "Special" keybind ('D' by default). Also, every time you earn a badge (or complete a similar major objective) the game will automatically open this screen and take a screenshot . That way, when you finish your adventure, you'll have easy access to a history of your party! We're still working on this feature, so we'd appreciate your feedback before it releases in the 2.0.3 patch.

Below you can see my "Dragon Musicians" team, a.k.a "Dragonforce":
    2000-07-21_23_47_33.500.png

Internally, we're working on two major things right now:
    The Regi Dungeons: Oops No Puzzles Edition
    We've been delaying these because we wanted to include puzzles in them, but we've been unable to find a puzzle designer. Once we do, we'll revamp these dungeons with puzzles included. If you're interested in designing puzzles for Pokemon Tectonic, please fill out our recruitment form and we'll respond ASAP.

Weather Overhaul: Eclipse and Moonglow
    2 new weathers, each with a unique special effect! Each will release with a full suite of synergizing abilities, moves, and items. Alongside this update we'll also be adding a dozen or so new weather synergy abilities for existing weathers. The Weather Overhaul will probably release with 2.1 (March 10th). If you're interesting in getting your hands on these weathers early, consider joining our Quality Assurance team!

A preview of some of the new weather abilities:
    new_weather_ability_teasers.png

rwbonesy

Dogulus Rift
    Years
  • yeah sorry if i seemed kind of harsh, i generally don't like level caps in pokemon because they can be kind of a pain sometimes.

the team showcase screen is a good idea, though. also, was wondering if there's a way to point where the launcher installs stuff. i usually don't install RMXP stuff to my C:\ drive (i have a specific D:\ folder for that) and I was thinking of giving the game a shot again.

Zeu

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    yeah sorry if i seemed kind of harsh, i generally don't like level caps in pokemon because they can be kind of a pain sometimes.

the team showcase screen is a good idea, though. also, was wondering if there's a way to point where the launcher installs stuff. i usually don't install RMXP stuff to my C:\ drive (i have a specific D:\ folder for that) and I was thinking of giving the game a shot again.

Not a problem! I understand why you'd be wary of level caps given how lots of games use them.

As for the launcher, unfortunately there is not a way to set that, sorry. It's a fairly simple program all things considered. I'll note that as a possibility to change in the future though.

Back