• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKéMON: Tensai's Secret

How should the player get their starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Thanks guys. =)

@Satoshi: I know you inserted tiles, but I think it would be better to get all of them inserted. So, I'm currently waiting for Austinia to finish them. Sorry. ;P

Years
Thanks guys. =)

@Satoshi: I know you inserted tiles, but I think it would be better to get all of them inserted. So, I'm currently waiting for Austinia to finish them. Sorry. ;P
No problem bro... But I thought maybe if you post some "beta" screens people would be even more interested in the hack ;)

@ Austinia hurry!:P I can't wait to see some screens :D:D

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Okay guys, I've added a poll. If you select other, PLEASE POST HOW!
If you don't, I'll find you and remind you, because I have it on public. ;P

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
You have to vote in the poll if you want me to think about your "other" way. xD

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
You get loaned a pokemon and of your choice... go through a the maze with the loaned pokemon... The only path you can.. (Im thinking like Three Paths.. one you use cut.. the other strenght. etc...) Then at the end is a pokemon.. but you dont know what?

Yeah i know not a good idea but thats all i could think of..

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
I chose the first one, because its random.
i don't know why, but i never liked having a decision in my pokemon. It makes everything too easy.
but i'd rather have it be through another test than a quiz.
i don't know what kind of test, but just another.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Well, the quiz idea does sound good. :)
I'm gonna need help with it if it wins! xD

Anyway, I voted other myself. :\
I think maybe, kind of like R/S/E, you rescue someone from a Pokémon, then you go into the 'How to catch a Pokémon' scene, and catch the Pokémon.

Years
Well, the quiz idea does sound good. :)
I'm gonna need help with it if it wins! xD

Anyway, I voted other myself. :\
I think maybe, kind of like R/S/E, you rescue someone from a Pokémon, then you go into the 'How to catch a Pokémon' scene, and catch the Pokémon.
A quiz is just a bunch of Yes/No Scripts, but they have to loop in a certain order, each question leads to a different question, and at the end, you end up with one of (I'd say 8, to make the choices more random) starters.
It'll take time and effort, but not too much scripting skill(copy and pasting would help in the common parts of this script). It's probably a basic/medium script, counting all of the givepokemons, msgs, etc.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Well, I'm still not that good at give Pokémon, so, I'm still gonna need some help! xD

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I'm just gonna make the yes/no scripts later, then get T to help me. ;P

Tha only problem is, how many questions should the quiz have? :\
10?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Hmm...I think 5 should be enough. :\
I don't want it to be a BIG random choice. xD

EDIT: Now that I think about it..that quiz script is gonna be hard. O.o;
Hey Roy, if you could PM my the script you used for your hack, I'll credit you for it, and I'll put it in a folder for safe keeping. ;D
I will also edit the text. Except, you used PokeScript, am I correct? I'm gonna need an XSE script. ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back