• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Text-based Game

Denali

C++ Programmer
Years
  • This thread is to discuss a Pokémon Text-based game. Would anyone want to make one with me? I'm not talking about online, more like a storyline. Basically making choices throughout each page, which moves it on to the next. Anyways, just wanted to know your opinions of it....

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    It really wouldn't be much of a game. It could easily just be typed up and posted on a website with links to go to the next page or the "players" choice.

But still... I think you should go for it. It would be pretty interesting to see.

Last edited:

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    This thread is to discuss a Pokémon Text-based game. Would anyone want to make one with me? I'm not talking about online, more like a storyline. Basically making choices throughout each page, which moves it on to the next. Anyways, just wanted to know your opinions of it....
    I want to say that you should do it, a text game can be more than just asking what to do and a whole bunch of if statements. Good luck with your project and I hope you get a lot of experience from it. I can tell you that its more satisfying at the end, when you are all done

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
    Years
  • I was actually thinking about making a pokemon text-based game recently, but I ended up deciding it would be too much work (because I'm already working on a pokemon game). Anyway, I think if you do it right, it could be super interesting. Good luck with making it! :)

Back