• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon that are big enough to swallow a human, would they IRL???

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • While Lugia is a pretty big Pokemon, I doubt it's large enough to swallow a person. Nevertheless, Pokemon like Gyarados or Wailord, can indeed swallow a person. The former may do it during its rampages and the latter could do it unintentionally (despite being filter feeders). In short, those Pokemon could swallow people by accident in real life.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Perhaps if they were hungry and absent-minded they would. One time when I was hungry I ate a whole packet of chocolate biscuits with mint inside them like I was in some sort of trance and then I snapped out of it and saw no biscuits and I was like "what the hell man, where did all the biscuits go?"

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2012
    [SIZE="a"]Well in the pokemon world we eat pokemon such as majikarp..
    And let's not forget about kyurem who terrorised lacunosa town.. Probably ate some peeps

Then theres that whole pokemon meets dynasty warriors spin off coming out.. Pokemon were used for war apparently.. Even Lt surge admitted that[/SIZE]

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Only the larger, carnivorous Pokemon would ever indulge in such manners. But there is the fact that apparently humans don't taste good. Just as the sharks.

Years
  • All those cute little rat pokemon would eat us, since rats the size of cats ate soldiers in trenches during WW1. How big is raticate again? Plus, all those dragons (especially Hydreigon) would be gulping us humans down left an right...

All those cute little rat pokemon would eat us, since rats the size of cats ate soldiers in trenches during WW1. How big is raticate again? Plus, all those dragons (especially Hydreigon) would be gulping us humans down left and right...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Pretty sure this is to fuel your vore fetish but I digress.

Wailord could eat a person pretty easily due to being based off a whale and all. Kyogre and Groudon also comes to mind since they have the reputation of being true monsters in every sense of the word and rather gigantic monsters at that.

Last edited:

Cid

Years
  • If the in-game characters represent humans and the Pokémon that you would suppose existed in an instant would behave similarly towards us irl, then I don't think so. Of course, I don't find myself reading Pokédex entries or in-game mentions of something like this to know better, but from what I do know I don't think they'll do this on a whim.

Unless they suddenly act carnivorous enough and more lifelike.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
  • It all depends on how serious you take it and how far you would try to go trying to explain the unexplained parts of the pokemon universe, like why pokemon don't die from being scorched by a Flamethrower attack, or why they don't dislike battling etc.

For example, if I was personally in charge of the games or such, I would keep the pokemon world less cruel by explaining that there are huge varieties of fruit/vegetables with way more exciting and concentrated tastes (making eating a pokemon/human a much more lame experience to begin with), which would also of course include ones with similar compositions to animal meat or any other useful nutritions that are usually obtained this way.
    By that logic, the question wouldn't make sense, as much as asking whether someone would drive over a human with a truck since the truck is big enough.
    Of course, I seriously doubt that gamefreak are anywhere that deep in this train of thought.

Before someone mentions it, my main pre-assumption is that dex entries are not to be taken seriously, and are more like a random hilarious nonsense thing.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Yes I think they would. If the Pokémon World existed, it wouldn't be as perfect as it is in the animé or in the game. So, with such powerful creatures, violence would obviously exist against humans. If they're carnivorous, they would eat each other if they were hungry, and even eat humans.

Back