• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: The legend of Edo!

Years

Hack of:
    Fire Red_______________________________________________________________

Introduction
    ~ Enlightenment of the titel..._____________________________________________

Alright I chose The legend of Edo because I just love Tokyo!
    I know what you're all thinking right now "What has The legend of Edo" to do with Tokyo...
    Well that is what I'm going to explain now
    It is really simple Edo is how Tokyo was called in 1868 before it was became the capital of Japan.

Here a little Quote from Wikipedia:

Tokyo was originally known as Edo, meaning estuary.
    Its name was changed to Tokyo (Tōkyō: tō (east) + kyō (capital)) when it became the imperial capital in 1868.
    During the early Meiji period, the city was also called "Tōkei",
    an alternative pronunciation for the same Chinese characters representing "Tokyo".
    Some surviving official English documents use the spelling "Tokei".
    This pronunciation is now obsolete.

Storyline
    ~ Exciting isn't it..._______________________________________________________

Old Storyline:
    Spoiler:

New Storyline:

A long long time ago in Edo, There was a little boy called Satoshi Sugimori.
    His father Juijken Sugimori was the emperor of Japan, The boy's destiny was to become the Great emperor of Japan!
    But no one saw what the boy really wanted, The little boy wanted to become the Pokémon Master of Japan!
    So one day he went up to his father and said:
    Sugimori: Father, I wish to speak to you.
    Juijken: Yes, my son?
    Sugimori: I... I don't want to be the emperor of Japan...
    Juijken: WHAT?!?!
    Sugimori: Father I want to become Pokémon Master of Japan.
    Juijken: No no my son! You WILL become the new Emperor of Japan! You wouldn't even make it as a Pokémon Trainer!
    Sugimori: As you wish my father, Farewell.
    Juijken: What do you mean with "farewell"?!?
    Sugimori: You will see father, you will see... [and Sugimori walked out of the room]
    So that night Sugimori packed his bags and ran away, He went to Edo! A little fishing village...
    And there he went to the great Monk Djaitsuke Finuetji...
    He listened to the wise words of the Monk and meditated for a long time before he began his journey.

Suddenly one day when Sugimori was meditating on an peacefull place in the woods just out of Edo he felt there was something up in the trees!
    He opened his eyes and saw a quick glinch of what looked like a pokémon, so he closed his eyes again and continued his meditating,
    but suddenly he felt an highly powerfull force right in front of him!
    He opened his eyes again and there stood the Legendary Pokémon warrior Lucario! They became best friends and meditated together.
    When they finished with learning the monks way about 5 years later he went on his way to become the Pokémon Master of Japan!
    They fought many fights and won them all, it was astonishing how Satoshi and Lucario fought it was like they could feel what they wanted!
    Satoshi fought in a weird way, when the fight started Satoshi would find a nice place and go sit and meditate there,
    Lucario just knew what Satoshi wanted, they connected on an telepathic level! And the boy became the Grand Pokémon Master the legendary Satoshi Sugimori! "The one who rised like the sun!"

And that is the legend of Edo!

And now about you
    You are a boy from Edo who want's to become a Pokémon Master!
    So you tell it to your mother, but your mother doesn't want you to go on a journey she wants you to stay with here because you are here only child.

So that night you are reading the book "The Legend of Edo!" and you see what Sugimori did when he was young and you decide to run away to!
    That night you run away and go to the local Pokémon research LAB. There you meet your very older friend Prof. Taisuke Braistu.
    You tell him all about your plans to run away and he tells you that he wont stop you to furfill your dream, and he gives you a Pokédex and an Pokémon (Pikachu I think)! You run far from the town and see in the woods an sort of opening in the thick woods and you enter it.

There you see a little sign that says "Meditating is a blessing. Enlighten your spirit to become the master." you think I want to be a master! So you walk further there you see a Big rock in the center of an open area you feel some strange powers floating around so you go on the rock and fall asleep when you wake up you see an old man standing in front of the rock.
    Old Man: Hello little boy! I see you have found my rock. How do you feel? do you feel enlightened?
    You: I can't talk to strangers from my mom."
    Old Man: You don't listen to your mom you ran away didn't you?!
    You: How..How do you know that?
    Old Man: I will introduce myself I am Satoshi Sugimori! I am the legendary Pokémon Master! meet my pokémon Lucario!
    Lucario: Hello!
    You: What!?! You can talk!
    Lucario: Yes after years of practicing I have learnt how to speak as a human
    You: Aah I see! But how did you know I ran away?
    Satoshi: I am everywhere in Edo, I know and see everything, But you boy you are my great great great grand son! And I want you to do something for me! I want you and pikachu to save the childeren of my Lucario 2 riolu's where taken from my Lucario when we where sleeping. So I want you to go and get them please!
    You: Ofcourse! I will travel the world to get them back!
    And your journey begins!

Features
    ~ The new stuff..._______________________________________________________

• New Maps!
    • New Adventure!
    • New Scripts!
    • New Palette!
    • New Little Quest's!
    • New Tiles! (will be inserted later)
    • New Region! (Nihon-Koku)
    • New Characters!
    • And much more!
    Media
    ~ Screenshots and videos...______________________________________________

-None Yet-

Credits

~ Some mentionings...___________________________________________________
    • My teams Syn_Saneggidarkrony™ Corp. and Team Ultimate!
    • And the ones I look up to
      Feel like you belong here PM
    Banners
    ~ Hack support..._______________________________________________________

-None Yet-

Releases
    ~ Play time...___________________________________________________________

Progress has started!!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Nice modifications O.o;

Anyways, this seems really good. I don't have time to read the story unfortunately, but I'll read it when I get time. ;]
    Good Luck~

Years
    Nice modifications O.o;

Anyways, this seems really good. I don't have time to read the story unfortunately, but I'll read it when I get time. ;]
    Good Luck~

And btw everybody this isn't a real hack yet this is just an idea for my next hack.. ;)
    I'll post a notice in the firstpost when I start working on it :D

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    1 thing actually..maybe you could darken the text a bit? It's kind of hard to see. :P

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Hmm..oh well~
    Either way, you did a wonderful job with the layout STILL. XD
    Good Luck~

Years
    I think it seems like a really cool hack. perhaps if there was more to the story though. like if you got to play as the ancestor... that would be cool I think.

Years
    I lobe tokyo and Japan so i look foward to seeing this hack in the hack showcase with a beta, can i be a beta tester?

Years
    Hmm..oh well~
    Either way, you did a wonderful job with the layout STILL. XD
    Good Luck~
    Lolz thanks :P

I think it seems like a really cool hack. perhaps if there was more to the story though. like if you got to play as the ancestor... that would be cool I think.
    Thanks :) Yea the story isn't the final I thought of it while writing :P So it is more an improvisation but I will be changing some things..

I lobe tokyo and Japan so i look foward to seeing this hack in the hack showcase with a beta, can i be a beta tester?
    Thanks :) But no I'd rather have no beta testers but myself and some of my team members ;) But thanks for willing to help :)

Seems really good keep up the good work!
    Thank you :D

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    This hack is great.
    Your presentation in neat, and I like the layout.
    The idea is very thoughtful.
    Good luck, and tell me if you want help.
    :D

Years
    Hm... cool. But one HUGE, HUGE, HUGE problem:

How the hell is Satoshii STILL alive?
    Well he's more like an ghost kinda thing,,, But also he is a legend so he lives on in all of the peple of japan :P

:UPDATE:
    Alright I'm gonna post the (almost)final Storyline:
    A long long time ago in Edo, There was a little boy called Satoshi Sugimori.
    His father Juijken Sugimori was the emperor of Japan, The boy's destiny was to become the Great emperor of Japan!
    But no one saw what the boy really wanted, The little boy wanted to become the Pokémon Master of Japan!
    So one day he went up to his father and said:
    Sugimori: Father, I wish to speak to you.
    Juijken: Yes, my son?
    Sugimori: I... I don't want to be the emperor of Japan...
    Juijken: WHAT?!?!
    Sugimori: Father I want to become Pokémon Master of Japan.
    Juijken: No no my son! You WILL become the new Emperor of Japan! You wouldn't even make it as a Pokémon Trainer!
    Sugimori: As you wish my father, Farewell.
    Juijken: What do you mean with "farewell"?!?
    Sugimori: You will see father, you will see... [and Sugimori walked out of the room]

So that night Sugimori packed his bags and ran away, He went to Edo! A little fishing village...
    And there he went to the great Monk Djaitsuke Finuetji...
    He listened to the wise words of the Monk and meditated for a long time before he began his journey.
    Suddenly one day when Sugimori was meditating on an peacefull place in the woods just out of Edo he felt there was something up in the trees!
    He opened his eyes and saw a quick glinch of what looked like a pokémon, so he closed his eyes again and continued his meditating,
    but suddenly he felt an highly powerfull force right in front of him!
    He opened his eyes again and there stood the Legendary Pokémon warrior Lucario! They became best friends and meditated together.
    When they finished with learning the monks way about 5 years later he went on his way to become the Pokémon Master of Japan!
    They fought many fights and won them all, it was astonishing how Satoshi and Lucario fought it was like they could feel what they wanted!
    Satoshi fought in a weird way, when the fight started Satoshi would find a nice place and go sit and meditate there,
    Lucario just knew what Satoshi wanted, they connected on an telepathic level! And the boy became the Grand Pokémon Master the legendary Satoshi Sugimori! "The one who rised like the sun!"

And that is the legend of Edo!

And now about you :P
    You are a boy from Edo who want's to become a Pokémon Master!
    So you tell it to your mother, but your mother doesn't want you to go on a journey she wants you to stay with here because you are here only child.
    So that night you are reading the book "The Legend of Edo!" and you see what Sugimori did when he was young and you decide to run away to!
    That night you run away and go to the local Pokémon research LAB. There you meet your very older friend Prof. Taisuke Braistu.
    You tell him all about your plans to run away and he tells you that he wont stop you to furfill your dream, and he gives you a Pokédex and an Pokémon (Pikachu I think)! You run far from the town and see in the woods an sort of opening in the thick woods and you enter it.
    There you see a little sign that says "Meditating is a blessing. Enlighten your spirit to become the master." you think I want to be a master! So you walk further there you see a Big rock in the center of an open area you feel some strange powers floating around so you go on the rock and fall asleep when you wake up you see an old man standing in front of the rock. He says "Hello little boy! I see you have found my rock. How do you feel? do you feel enlightened?" you look at him in a very odd way and say "I can't talk to strangers from my mom." the old man says "You don't listen to your mom you ran away didn't you?!" you"How..How do you know that?" old man "I will introduce myself I am Satoshi Sugimori! I am the legendary Pokémon Master! meet my pokémon Lucario" Lucario "Hello!" you"What!?! You can talk!" Lucario "Yes after years of practicing I have learnt how to speak as a human" you "Aah I see! But how did you know I ran away?" Satoshi "I am everywhere in Edo, I know and see everything, But you boy you are my great great great grand son! And I want you to do something for me! I want you and pikachu to save the childeren of my Lucario 2 riolu's where taken from my Lucario when we where sleeping. So I want you to go and get them please!" you "Ofcourse! I will travel the world to get them back!" and your journey begins!

Last edited:
    Years
    How do your Roms keep crashing?! O.o;
    I really don't know I just inserted like 16 scripts and then BOOM,,,
    Well actually not boom but when I started it on vba a white screen but BOOM sounds more interesting XD So I'll have to do it all over again...

Ooh and so there is a little update I'm gonna post the map for the first town here :) [this is not the final map still changing some minor things and some new tiles ;)]

Back