• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
Years
  • ah, nope, no battle system yet. but sure, I could have some help with the variations. But nothing to different, lke, I don't want to have a butterfree with the arms of a tangela or someth'n. But I'm pretty sure you already know what I'm kinda going for. So do a few, then show'em to me.

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
    Years
  • OK, but first would you like to PM me some pokemon sprites that your using, and if you want to PM me a list to, otherwise I'll do colours I think fit. So I'll do ones like in the graph you demonstrated. 4 diffferent colours, also do you want me to change the entire body colour to make it cooler?

Edit, I whipped this up in 1 minute: Whadda ya think?
    poke_1.jpg

The one on the left is the new one, the one on the right is the old one.

Last edited:

Captain Arcane

Years
  • Well, I think that the blue contrasts the red to much, so much that it almost seems like a shiny. Also, um,..... I'm gonna leave the starters of each generation for last, just becuase they are so important.

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
    Years
  • Well, OK, but here are some other sheets I did in that minute also:
    RED.jpg

shineys.jpg

invert.jpg

Highlight.jpg

blackanwhite.jpg

blured.jpg

In this order they go:
    Red
    Shiney
    Inverted
    Highlighted
    Black and White
    And blured.

What do ya think? As I said, It was a minute, just an example.

Captain Arcane

Years
  • Um, I really don't understand the purpose of you doing that, even though its an example, but an example of what? By variations, you are going to have to actually edit things by pixel, I not going to except an inverted, or blurred images of pokemon. Also, I'm using Diamond and Pearl sprites, not GBA sprites.

Mabye this will help you. Don't see variations as just Pokemon with different colors. See variations as Pokemon that look the same but different at the same time, with mabye one, minor color change. But difference is not just color.

Hope that helps.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    Looks great! Its a good idea, Captain Arcane.
    Hope you goodluck!

Shadez

-
    Years
  • i could help you with the variations sprites i've done something like you said a little while ago
    but actually i did it only one per region cause that was before diamond and pearl
    so i didn't thought of the whole female and male thing

so if you want help with the variations sprites i can give you it

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    That is a great feature or idea to the game! Could you post some in-game screenshots? Like when the character is walking around or something?

Captain Arcane

Years
  • Yes that is what he means by variatations.

actually, no,
    poliwrath.jpg

See, its swirl is just reverserd in color. A variation of that could be the swirl going the oposite way, or mabey its nostrils will change. But remember, variations are not just color changes.
    Kinda like this:
    polifamilyvariationsrt6.png

Last edited:

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    When I first saw the thread, I didn't think it would get very far due to the gigantic add-ons. But now that I look at it, it looks like it would get finished (eventually.) I might be able to help you on some of the variations and OW's, I'll start on Sableye as an example.

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    851fa04.png

Orre's and Fiore's are the same as Hoenn's.
    Explanation:
    Kanto - Due to the lack of cave structures in Kanto, Sabeleye's eyes seem to close half way to get used to the light.
    Orange Islands - Sabeleye once lived in the Crystal Onix Cave, where more ores grew on their bodies.
    Johto - The ancient caves of the Unknown some how reversed the colors of Sableye's gems.
    Sinnoh - While in Iron Mountain, the Steelix's broken pieces would mend to Sableye, causing extra horns.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back