• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    if you would read the first post [as i believe that it is contained there] you will find that your questions will be answered.

there will be region varience among pokemon, such as color and shape, and there will also be shinies.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Oh, I wasn't asking, I was just..
    ..Anticipating..
    or something.
    just sayin' what I'd say when it's done.
    ..will there be different "types" of pokemon?
    not like, you know, elements, I mean, like shinies, I know about the differently colored orange island ones, but I mean, like,
    .....Um..
    ..well, what will shiny orange island pokemon be like?

A page or to back, CA was talking about the White-Bellied Horsea, which will apparently be the rarest breed, he said there will be shinies for it and the other variants but they'll be extremely rare. (Or the White-Bellied Shiny will anyway ...)

Shikamaru88

Back dont know if I will stay.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    ummm isnt a horsea white bellied anyways its blue and white right... it could be yellow now that i think of it

qw

Years
  • i know that this might sound kinda stupid but..... I still don't get how you will be able to play this game.

Like do you just download it and it's there, or do you have to have somthing else in order to play it? please answer and please don't get upset with me.

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    You have to use Sphere to play it, I think Cap said in a post that he'll package Sphere with game.

qw

Years
  • (
    Pokémon the Lost World
    Barack Obamma is president
    Pokémon the Lost World
    !!!!!!!!!!)

do you guys think that C.A would put more than one iteam in a pokeball. and that pokemon can hold more than 1 iteam(note: i am not saying it will be in the game).

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    (
    Pokémon the Lost World
    Barack Obamma is president
    Pokémon the Lost World
    !!!!!!!!!!)

do you guys think that C.A would put more than one iteam in a pokeball. and that pokemon can hold more than 1 iteam(note: i am not saying it will be in the game).

I'm doubting he will do that.

~Mooshykris

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    More than one item in a pokeball? Ok, moment of confusion, I thought it was Pokemon who went around in balls, not items, maybe this lack of knowledge is due to me not being a pokemon fan.

.Scream

Professor
    Years
  • More than one item in a pokeball? Ok, moment of confusion, I thought it was Pokemon who went around in balls, not items, maybe this lack of knowledge is due to me not being a pokemon fan.

Correct. Pokemon in Pokeballs. You and me both confused for a second there.

Waudby

More than one item in a pokeball? Ok, moment of confusion, I thought it was Pokemon who went around in balls, not items, maybe this lack of knowledge is due to me not being a pokemon fan.

He's talking about the little pokéballs, that are used as random item pickups in the game.

Waudby

I always thought they were generic item icons rather than pokeballs.

They quite possibly could be, I always assumed they were pokéballs, what with the same colour patterns and design :P

But I could be mistaken.

anyways, how is the scripting coming along?

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    They quite possibly could be, I always assumed they were pokéballs, what with the same colour patterns and design :P

But I could be mistaken.

anyways, how is the scripting coming along?
    But the idea of pokeballs containing items makes no sense... They're just generic item icons, as items are often pokeballs...

Not sure whether I'm allowed to talk or not... But, haven't done anything big yet, so it shouldn't matter, I had a few problems wrapping something around radnen's tile movement script, in the end I edited it slightly to get the effect we wanted.

I have a large amount of script planned out in my head, but I need to talk to the Captain some more before I can proceed.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Assuming that you've never played Pokemon (so says you sig), Item's are typically found in a Pokeball sprite when on the map, or a shimmer, if they're hidden & you need to find them.

Atomic Reactor

I'm pretty sure he is aware of that BaconBoy -_-
    And when does a hidden item ever shimmer?

~Undefined~

Aspiring Pokémon Master...
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure he is aware of that BaconBoy -_-
    And when does a hidden item ever shimmer?
    In Pokemon Colluseum/XD there are shimmering items.
    And I think in R/S/E in the ship thing where you get TM Icebeam and One of the items to evolve clampearl there is shimmering items.

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    Assuming that you've never played Pokemon (so says you sig), Item's are typically found in a Pokeball sprite when on the map, or a shimmer, if they're hidden & you need to find them.
    I played through Yellow (also had pokemon stadium, I unlocked the surfing Pikachu!!!) and Crystal. I went off of pokemon around the time that the first GBA ones came out.

I'm here because I love making games with sphere. I also love CA's large maps and his vision.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back